IGNORED

We missed Family Encouragement Weekend!

darkplumaged

Damn! And it was only a couple of hours from my den of iniquity home.

From the Neely blog (theneelyteam.com/2011/09/06/va-few-conference/):

If there is one need that all families have in this day and age, it is encouragement. All around us we see attacks on the family. Questions run through our minds: “Is there anyone headed the same direction?†“How do we pass the baton to the next generation?†“Is the battle really worth it?†“What should our response be?†“How do we equip our sons and daughters to fight?â€

The purpose of the Family Encouragement Weekends is to encourage and exhort, and to bring families together in an atmosphere of fellowship. We had the joy of serving along-side the Wilkes and Staddon families last month and hosting the 4th Annual VA FEW Conference. What a blessing we received as we fellowshipped with other like-minded people, sought the Lord through prayer, and were exhorted to pass the baton to coming generations!!

God put this conference together for his glory, y'all. (See the last comment on the page.) Again, this must be why prayers around the world are not being answered. God is busy putting together conferences for a few dozen self-aggrandizing extremists.

Where do the Neelys live? A girl I went to high school with married a guy with that last name (engaged 3 months after meeting) and she became a born again Christian. I'm not quite sure at what point in the relationship she became born again, but from what I can see on Facebook her husband's family seem to also have a gung ho attitude about religion.

The last time the Staddon's hosted a FEW thingy, God created a sale on hotdog buns. I wonder what great sales he created for the Neely's this time around. I have noticed while reading the Staddon site, not many families seem to show for the FEW shindigs, and it always seems to be the same families that come. Oh, and the requesite attacks from Satan usually occur on these weekends as well.

Yes, apparently Satan attacked the health of some of the speakers. According to the Staddons, anyway.

In pre-modern times, it was thought than an imbalance in "humors" was the cause of illness. The Staddons go back even further than that: Satan is the reason people get colds and stomachaches. Well, of course.

Yeah, I can just picture God with a microphone headset, making sure the seating is correct and the flowers are the right color. Can just hear him barking into his headset, "Just do your job, I'm puttin' out fires here!" LOL

Yeah, I can just picture God with a microphone headset, making sure the seating is correct and the flowers are the right color. Can just hear him barking into his headset, "Just do your job, I'm puttin' out fires here!" LOL

Archived