IGNORED

Bates being repackaged as Duggars?

IReallyAmHopewell

In the new post there are pictures of the Bates that look like the repackaging of the Duggars when their show started--Bates guys with untucked shirts, more up-to-date dresses for some of the girls. They also now refer to themselves as the "Late Bates" even though the ever-late Duggars praised them for being so quick out the door and on-time.

The Bontragers are in the post too. Their oldest is 20--courting age.....hmmmmm...... One poor son is named "Joshua MAXWELL." Probably has to resist the urge to be truly boring.

I tend to agree with you Hopewell.

I checked out the Bontrager's site. How do they farm while being gone in their Monster Bus for weeks at a time?

Snark on Gil's Sermon: "Beware Where You Stare; It May Become a Snareâ€. WTF could this possibly be about? It just doesn't sound like an "encouragement for the whole family" sort of sermon.

Maybe it means that if men stare at a woman's chest for 0.01 second, it could ruin you and turn you into a drug addict, living on the streets, and be a worthless human being. Moral of the story? Never look at women, only your wife.

Never look at women, only your wife.

But don't look at her with any emotion or passion or desire! That would maker her an "idol" and put her heart in danger of being turned away from the Bible. Just stare at her blankly while you think of manly things... :D

I checked out the Bontrager's site. How do they farm while being gone in their Monster Bus for weeks at a time?

I betting on volunteers from their church/home church, if they don't have extended family nearby. Or, they could just pay people.

Does this mean they might be being considered to take over from the Duggars on TLC? I find the Bates less annoying but that might just be because Kelly doesn't talk to the camera like she's talking to a one year old. I think people generally like the 'wholesome Christian family' category but are getting bored with the Duggars. If the Bates can marry of Michaella it makes them look more legit than the Duggars in terms of practising what they preach.

Guest Anonymous

But don't look at her with any emotion or passion or desire! That would maker her an "idol" and put her heart in danger of being turned away from the Bible. Just stare at her blankly while you think of manly things... :D

Like Vision Forum interns.

I don't want the Bates to have a TLC show, it might legitmize quiverful more to have 2 insanely huge families like that on TLC. Though at the same time, it might not be so bad as the younger bates kids might stand a better chance of not being brainwashed. The younger Duggar kids as mentioned else where hear haven't had it as strick and conservative growing up as the older kids.

Kelly, or Gil disguised as Kelly posting under Gil's name :mrgreen: said that they had been approached about shows, but refused because they actually do one admirable thing: when September comes, it's SCHOOLTIME. They only travel places in which they can go over a weekend, the Big Sandy indoctrination...homeschool conference notwithstanding. I guess that's Spring Break for these wild and crazy people.

I did wonder if that might have changed, though; TLC for one will finish that endless house extension project. I think they've had a few kids since they said that, and with the debt that they're in to Lawson they really need to find a way to get some money.

Archived