IGNORED

Brandy is headcovering AGAIN? I can't keep up!

skankbiscuit

which one is brandy, again? i'm having trouble figuring out which fundies are which.

It sounds like it's going to be unschooling this time.

I also noticed that she's added a few words (Quiverfull, Pro-life, conservative) to her twitter bio... it used to read:

"Sinner saved by His Grace. Stay at home wife and homeschooling mom. Finally comfortable in my own skin."

which I actually thought was rather sweet, and showed that she was getting it all together.

Now it says:

"Sinner saved by His Grace. Stay at home wife and homeschooling mom. Quiverfull. Pro-life. Conservative. Book lover. Finally comfortable in my own skin."

i couldn't find a brandy in the list of blogs. which one is she? did i miss it?

it says "page not found"

It's case-sensitive - try this: thecormierfamily.org/Brandy/

ETA: For completeness, here's her husband's blog: thecormierfamily.org/Jason/

It's case-sensitive - try this: thecormierfamily.org/Brandy/

ETA: For completeness, here's her husband's blog: thecormierfamily.org/Jason/

it works now. thank you!

If memory serves, I believe the next phase will be either

1) no or majorly limited television

2) wifely submission

3) some whack-ass new diet system.

It's like a bad movie of the week being replayed over, and over, and over....

She does denounce the Pearls' book as "borderline abuse" and said she

threw it in the trash. Good for her! At least in that area, she listened to her own good sense and did not blindly follow those creeps.

Whats the point of covering up the hair again?? I'm sorta new to all this fundie stuff. Is it just part of the whole modesty thing?

There's a passage in the Bible (1 Corinthians 11:2-16) that talks about women having their head covered to pray. There are many interpretations of it, but some people read it as requiring women to wear a cloth covering over their head when they pray (others say the covering is long or uncut hair). There is another verse that says we should "pray without ceasing", so some people take that to mean the covering should be worn all the time, not just in church.

It's not really connected with modesty in the Bible, but is somewhat with headship and order (God->man->women as parallel to God->Christ->church). Most of the people who do wear headcoverings also really focus on "modesty" in the form of covering up or wearing dresses only, so there is a lot of crossover with people involved in both and with shops selling both headcovering and Amish-type or very old-fashioned styles of dresses. Some women do claim that having the hair down is immodest, but I think that idea is more borrowed from pop culture perceptions of Islamic modesty than from Christianity.

I'm not sure how long Brandy covered for, although I get she's had a lot of off and on phases, but it really is sort of weird and uncomfortable not wearing a covering once you get used to one. I don't cover full-time anymore, but I wear one around the house a lot just to keep my hair back and because I feel more like me. I also wore a scarf to church once that was really slippy and decided to just take it off rather than fuss with it during the service, and I felt really, really "off".

Defrauding, you've made my week with that graph.

I really think you need to do one for Zsu Zsu and Candy.

That would make my MONTH.

Archived