IGNORED

Stanford swimmer convicted of rape only gets 6 months b/c it would have a severe impact on him,

Chowder Head

From Brock Turner's statement: 

I wish I never was good at swimming or had the opportunity to attend Stanford, so maybe the newspapers wouldn’t want to write stories about me.

I don't wish that I never raped someone, that's not important here. What's important is my social cachet, because maybe if I was less high-profile I could have gotten away with raping someone without the media ruining my life. That's all I ever wanted in life, you know, to be able to rape people without being ostracized. I'm just a poor mistreated fella with normal goals, like being able to rape with impunity.

• Upvote 37

The Washington Post published an article by a professor who lives in the neighborhood where Brock Turner spent his childhood (please note I didn't say was raised or grew up, because neither apply in his case). She talks about how most of the children are never told no. It's sad. Here's a link, if anyone is interested.

• Upvote 5

@Wenny: is there ANY chance you can link this Mass Hex thing?  (To beg the Divine Beings to use their power to punish is truly a VERY scary, fearsome, awesome thing--it's NOT used casually--but in some cases, it may be well warranted.)

Because I will personally accept a threefold cost of anything that I do spiritually, but getting in a few good whacks on Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist. is wayyyy too good to miss--and I will accept any penalty the Holy Gods of Justice may require as the cost of retaliation against a sub-human Piece of Shit who Rapes.

(Unlike Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, who begs for mercy and who will speak out against the Party Culture and Booze and Sexual Promiscuity, which apparently led him to think he could sexually abuse someone and get away with it just 'cause a First Offender. Jeepers! He can't enjoy a nice ribeye steak and he is all sadly upset....)

May all the Blessed Gods of Holy Justice look upon Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, and curse him.  May he be cursed in his waking and in his sleeping, in his walking and in his riding, in his rising up and in his going to bed. May he be cursed in his eating, in his daily routines, in his study, in his trying to work (and good luck in that, you worthless sub-human POS!--most decent people would not even CONSIDER hiring an all-by-Gods-bedamned felony sex offender who predates on helpless people).

May he know the condemnation of thousands of honorable folk who DO NOT accept the pathetic excuse of "well, I was kinda drunk".  May he know condemnation and scorn and hatred from people who WILL NOT ACCEPT "oh, I was blitzed, and that's why I thought I could do any damned thing I want to a Female c**nt."

May his family and friends disavow him: may he go friendless in a hundred ways.  May he die unknown and unmourned--and if they bury his body or ashes within a Potter's Grave, may all the others buried there rise up in fury and anger and say "NOT HERE!"

I. Can't. Even.

Most Reasonably Honorable People I Know (OK, I don't know a whole lot of rapists like Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist) would be searching frantically for a .38 caliber, a .45 caliber, and/or Any Major Shotgun, and try and make a pathetic reparation via suicide. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Leslie Rasmussen is a childhood friend of the rapist and she submitted a statement of his character to the judge. She wrote this:

I don’t think it’s fair to base the fate of the next ten + years of his life on the decision of a girl who doesn’t remember anything but the amount she drank to press charges against him, I am not blaming her directly for this, because that isn’t right. But where do we draw the line and stop worrying about being politically correct every second of the day and see that rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists.

I already had doubts about her critical thinking abilities and cognitive dissonance based on the bolded sentence alone. And now she writes this on Facebook

I understand that this appeal has now provided an opportunity for people to misconstrue my ideas into a distortion that suggests I sympathize with sex offenses and those who commit them or that I blame the victim involved, nothing could be farther from the truth, and I apologize for anything my statement has done to suggest that I don’t feel enormous sympathy for the victim and her suffering.

She said a thing and when called out in front of the evidence she claimed to have said the contrary. And everyone else misconstrued her words. It seems that Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist isn't the only one to deny the evidence of his actions once caught. "Yeah people I srewed up big time" this she needed to say. "Yes I am a rapist and a piece of shit" he needed to say.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

Hey, folks, we've seen the victim's impact statement letter go bubonic. Daddy's apology for his Stanford Dumpster Rapist son, Brock Allen Turner, has gotten publicity, as has a letter from a childhood friend, who mansplains to us that  “rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists.”

And what's really rage-inducing is that it is a *woman* who is doing the mansplaining. smh

• Upvote 10

https://www.facebook.com/events/620293164794145/ I believe this is the event and here is a news story. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/witch-organizes-mass-hex-curse-brock-turner-article-1.2666977

1 hour ago, samira_catlover said:

I agree that it shouldn't be taken lightly but I don't think we should hex him. I've only called on the Gods twice, divine healing of my daughter (not faith healing but a ritual before I had her that she wouldn't have to have surgery as soon as she was born. However we were prep for that outcome to happen) and to get a amazing job (It worked).

An eye for an eye is going to leave the world blind. Hexing Brock doesn't change the past, most defiantly doesn't heal the poor woman and doesn't help stop campus (or any) sexual assault. What I am doing is a healing ritual for the  woman, so that she may stay anonymous and have no lasting affects of this horrible act. 

Edited by Wenny
I suck at spelling.
  • Upvote 6

Brian Banks, black man about to get football scholarship accusedof rape. Spent 6 years in prison. Girl admitted she lied. 

White boy caught raping a woman 6 months in jail. Wtf

And many people are blaming the girl for being drunk. Hello, if some one is drunk they can't consent. You call 911, her parents, and get her help.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

And many people are blaming the girl for being drunk. Hello, if some one is drunk they can't consent. You call 911, her parents, and get her help.

First of all, she's an adult woman, not a "girl." And no, you call the police and get medical attention. An adult then chooses who she wants to tell and who she is going to ask for support. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

First of all, she's an adult woman, not a "girl." And no, you call the police and get medical attention. An adult then chooses who she wants to tell and who she is going to ask for support. 

I suggested her parents because if you don't want to call the police or 911 then help her someway. Make sure she's okay. You should call for help but what if someone is too scared to call the proper authorities? Just leave her there? I would hope the person would call someone even if that someone are her parents. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I suggested her parents because if you don't want to call the police or 911 then help her someway. Make sure she's okay. You should call for help but what if someone is too scared to call the proper authorities? Just leave her there? I would hope the person would call someone even if that someone are her parents. 

Not everyone has a great relationship with their parents. Furthermore, if she doesn't want help from a LEO, then don't take away her autonomy by doing it anyway. 

You have SO got to be kidding about that GFM campaign, right?:5624797b0697e_headbash:  

Interesting story on FauxNews:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/10/ex-stanford-student-convicted-rape-reportedly-lied-to-judge-about-alcohol-use.html?intcmp=hplnws

@Wenny: Your points are excellent.  Although I'm still outraged at the actions and lack-of-responsibility shown by Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford swimmer convicted on three felony sex offenses---thank you sincerely for helping me remember what's most important: refocusing and redirecting some of the energy into healing for the victim (and for all others in similar states).

Some assorted good news: he's won himself a lifetime ban from competitive swimming:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/convicted-rapist-brock-turner-banned-life-swimming-article-1.2668473

And the US Congress, in a rare bipartisan effort, will be reading aloud the full victim impact statement on June 15:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stanford-sexual-assault-victim-letter-congress_us_5758d597e4b00f97fba74969

The judge is also getting some blowback, with jurors refusing to serve in his court, citing Persky's presence as a hardship: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aaron-persky-juror-boycott_us_575a5fcce4b00f97fba7ee6f

• Upvote 9

I am just so angry about this case and the minimum sentencing given, that I just can't even speak coherently about it.  In case we needed further proof that women are not equal to men, and that even in 2016, women still cannot get justice - gah, it is rage inducing.  :angry-steamingears::angry-fire: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, samira_catlover said:

You have SO got to be kidding about that GFM campaign, right?:5624797b0697e_headbash:  

Interesting story on FauxNews:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/10/ex-stanford-student-convicted-rape-reportedly-lied-to-judge-about-alcohol-use.html?intcmp=hplnws

@Wenny: Your points are excellent.  Although I'm still outraged at the actions and lack-of-responsibility shown by Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford swimmer convicted on three felony sex offenses---thank you sincerely for helping me remember what's most important: refocusing and redirecting some of the energy into healing for the victim (and for all others in similar states).

Some assorted good news: he's won himself a lifetime ban from competitive swimming:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/convicted-rapist-brock-turner-banned-life-swimming-article-1.2668473

And the US Congress, in a rare bipartisan effort, will be reading aloud the full victim impact statement on June 15:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stanford-sexual-assault-victim-letter-congress_us_5758d597e4b00f97fba74969

The judge is also getting some blowback, with jurors refusing to serve in his court, citing Persky's presence as a hardship: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aaron-persky-juror-boycott_us_575a5fcce4b00f97fba7ee6f

Only good thing I can say about Judge Persky, Professional Rape Apologist, is that he excused those potential jurors who were upset and he did so with civility and politeness. That's pretty much it though - still much better than anything I can say about Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist.

• Upvote 4

Just heard that Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist is going to be in protective custody the entire time he's serving his jail sentence.

Wouldn't want him to be exposed to all those criminals in there, now would we?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/brock-turner-placed-in-protective-custody-in-jail-w209495

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

I am just so angry about this case and the minimum sentencing given, that I just can't even speak coherently about it.  In case we needed further proof that women are not equal to men, and that even in 2016, women still cannot get justice - gah, it is rage inducing.  :angry-steamingears::angry-fire: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussingblack:

It's 2016 and rape is the only crime where saying you were tempted is a good excuse.

• Upvote 8

Good to see USA Swimming banned him for life. There is a rape case going on now in Nashville involving former Vanderbilt football players.  Two were previously convicted, verdicts thrown out.  One has been retried and convicted and the other goes on trial next week.  These men make my blood boil it's sickening 

• Upvote 3

Where to even begin...it is a train wreck of justice.

He RAPED an unconscious woman. I do not give a flying fuck about his future because he took a piece of her away that can never be returned! As a woman and a survivor of rape I am appalled! 

But hey it was only 20 min of action!!! WTF???? 

She will go through more than he will ever know. 

The ignorance of the judge is that of many people I have known and it is so very common. Luckily Stanford students are behind the victim.

May she have a life of love and peace and be touched by grace going forward. Focus your positive on her and don't waste any energy on the scum that he is and will always be- because this does not go away for anyone there are always whispers.

• Upvote 8

Has anyone posted his mother's letter to the judge yet? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/stanford-rapist-mother-begged-judge-no-time-behind-bars-article-1.2669420

Here's some choice excerpts: 

My first thought upon wakening every morning is "this isn't real, this can't be real. Why him? Why HIM? WHY? WHY?"

... because he chose to rape someone. That's why him.

This verdict has destroyed us. Brock is a shattered and broken shell of the person he used to be.

... so what you're saying is that knowing he inflicted intense and lasting pain on someone else did not shatter and break Brock, but learning that he would have to register as a sex offender and spend 3-6 months in jail shattered and broke him. Hm. Also apparently the verdict has destroyed them. The fact that Brock raped somebody did not destroy them, it's all the verdict's fault.

He was a shy and awkward 19-year old, far away from home trying to fit in with the swimmers he idolized.

And that excuses everything. I'm sure once the woman he raped realizes that he was just trying to fit in, she'll obligingly recover from her PTSD and put all this behind her and stop her unseemly pain and ridiculous claim that Brock deserves to be punished for what he did to her. 

Brock told us what happened and his accounting of the events of that night never changed from the first time he told us everything. He is the most trustworthy and honest person I know. He was telling the truth. We knew once he had the opportunity to tell what happened this would all go away.

...so he told you that he was caught in the act of humping an unconscious woman and you knew if he told that to a jury all the pain and consequences would go away? Yeah, either he didn't tell you the truth or you have absolutely no clue what the problem with rape is. ...Or both.

She lists a number of genuinely admirable traits and habits of Brock's: connecting with his uncle who has special needs, helping his grandparents around the house, working hard in school and swimming, etc. I have some sympathy for her as a mother -- people are complex and of course she thinks of her son according to the kind and admirable traits he demonstrated around her. But NONE of that excuses in any way the horrific things he did that night, and she completely ignores that. There is not one word in her letter about any pain and trauma suffered by the victim, not one word about Brock recognizing he did an awful thing (only about him being crushed by the consequences), and no indication whatsoever that she recognizes that he raped someone. 

If only Carleen and Dan Turner cared about rape victims enough to understand what it means to be raped, enough to teach their son how to treat women like people instead of sex objects, enough to instill in their son a deep respect for other people and horror of harming them, enough to educate him what rape is and when to stop pursuing sex. Lack of that education doesn't excuse Brock in any way but perhaps the presence of it might have stopped him in his tracks that night long enough to reconsider and choose something different. If only.

Edited by libriatrix
  • Upvote 20

I don't like to blame parents when their adult child does something wrong because sometimes you can be a great parent and your child can still make bad choices - but after watching the disgusting way Brock Turner the rapist's parents have responded to this has made it quite clear to me how/why their son turned out to be a disgusting piece of trash. Which does not absolve their son of responsibility for his actions, of course. 

Good grief, Brock Turner, rapist, is so surrounded by enablers there's most likely zero chance he's ever going to be anything but a horrible person. His parents had the chance to respond to this by expecting their son to pay for his crimes and then get him some psychological help so he might not continue to behave like a monster. But I guess making excuses for him is just easier than loving him enough to try to help him put a stop to his sick behavior. Maybe tough love wouldn't be enough, but they should at least love their son enough to try. Not to mention caring about his past (and most likely) future victims. 

His parents are as sick and vile as he is. How many people does this guy have to rape before his parents will stop making excuses for their psycho son. This family is filling me with rage. 

• Upvote 14

I cannot really say much about this whole situation because as a rape survivor (with some similar circumstances) it's just too upsetting; I can't spend more than a couple of minutes reading or thinking about it or I start spiraling down.  I want to say one thing.

He will rape again, if not worse.  His parents and friends will remain in denial until he is put away for something far more heinous than this (which is saying something).  

My personal opinion is that he is a sociopath.  He seems to have been raised with some bizarre perfect storm of privileged ingredients.  I think he learned very early to play everyone around him until they dance to his tune.  He believes he can do no wrong and even after he HAS done wrong all his enablers around him are telling him he didn't, it's all everyone else's fault.

He will be in the headlines again for a far worse crime someday, mark my words.

• Upvote 13

Brock was not as shy and innocent as he and his parents would have us to believe.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/brock-turner-creeped-women-prior-2015-rape-article-1.2669094

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Brock-Turner-photos-drugs-Stanford-high-school-7973151.php

I'm not an attorney, but wouldn't lying about drug and alcohol use be perjury?

• Upvote 3