IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Adrienne83 said:

What story? I don't remember Erin getting a scholarship!

There's a story that Erin may have been offered a scholarship to study music at Univ. of Tenn.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the story I heard, University of Tennessee isn't Godly enough. Oops, I mean, she didn't want to sit next to anyone with green hair.

On 9/18/2016 at 0:56 PM, feministxtian said:

I spent about 20 years making a good living as a mechanical/piping designer with "only" an AAS degree.

Yes, but times have changed (almost every job requires a bachelor's or master's degree or a technical certification) and a trade is different...Ben doesn't have an AA in a technical skill like what you describe or any certifications that lead directly to a job. If you're studying business or a liberal arts subject, you pretty much absolutely need a bachelor's degree or more. Even nannies nowadays are often expected to have degrees in early childhood development...when I was looking, I saw ads from families who only considered nannies with master's degrees or higher in child development. 

7 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Yes, but times have changed (almost every job requires a bachelor's or master's degree or a technical certification) and a trade is different...Ben doesn't have an AA in a technical skill like what you describe or any certifications that lead directly to a job. If you're studying business or a liberal arts subject, you pretty much absolutely need a bachelor's degree or more. Even nannies nowadays are often expected to have degrees in early childhood development...when I was looking, I saw ads from families who only considered nannies with master's degrees or higher in child development. 

I'm now a technical instructor at a local school...I had to get "certified" in the subjects I teach...but that was a joke. The certification test bore absolutely no relation to using those skills in the real world. 

@feministxtian, may I ask what subject you teach? My son, Bigfoot, is an instructor of robotics for a high need middle school. They are so desperate for teachers that the school has offered him an "internship" in lieu of going through a four year college program.  He'll be teaching math, science and history.

21 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I'm now a technical instructor at a local school...I had to get "certified" in the subjects I teach...but that was a joke. The certification test bore absolutely no relation to using those skills in the real world. 

Bin has an AA in political science...Unless you parlay that into a four year degree, it pretty much means nothing. That isn't true of all AA degrees whatsoever, but it is of his.  

16 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@feministxtian, may I ask what subject you teach? My son, Bigfoot, is an instructor of robotics for a high need middle school. They are so desperate for teachers that the school has offered him an "internship" in lieu of going through a four year college program.  He'll be teaching math, science and history.

I teach AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor and Vectorworks at a local adult learning place. We cater to displaced workers and some of the local apprenticeship programs. Sometime later this year (2017) I'll also be teaching a 3D printing class to local businesses. 

From Bobby's public instagram.

I'm thinking based on how much time has gone by, and Bobby graduating soon/moving to Tennessee, that he and Tori are either engaged now or will be as soon as he graduates. She'll finish college married to Bobby just like Erin did with Chad. 

IMG_5896.PNG

On 1/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, season of life said:

I would not be surprised if Tori gets engaged soon.

Perhaps on "I Love You Day"? [aka Bates valentine's day]  

Unless she wants to go down to Florida (perhaps on her spring break) for a proposal on the beach [which Zach and Whitney did]

Has there been an official announcement that Tori and Bobby are courting? They are being awfully affectionate with each other.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Has there been an official announcement that Tori and Bobby are courting? They are being awfully affectionate with each other.

nope. they have been this way since bobby was revealed to us, even though they insisted they were not yet courting and were still in the 'getting to know you' stage.

According to a video on Youtube they are "kinda sorta courtin' and kinda sorta not together, but we are going to get married!". And Bobby is obviously going to be a part of the new season, sooo...

It is one of those annoying young Youtubers "here is my take on everything" - videos though

In the video, did Tori say she wasn't officially courtin' yet, but did she call Bobby BABY when she answered the phone? Dang girl!

I think Tori and Bobby will make some kind of announcement on the season premiere tomorrow.

I agree. And of course Alyssa is the one who's pregnant.

It seems they're so scared of another broken courtship they don't even let the kids court yet while they are already dating. That's actually ridiculous, what would Bill Gothard say?

Ah, young love. Tori and Bobby seem close. I predict their courtship will lead to a wedding.

1 hour ago, faraway said:

It seems they're so scared of another broken courtship they don't even let the kids court yet while they are already dating. That's actually ridiculous, what would Bill Gothard say?

I think so too. My guess is that they will go from getting to know one another straight to engagement, skipping courting altogether.  On the family blog Kelly said that Alyssa almost did that.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, Kira said:

I think Tori and Bobby will make some kind of announcement on the season premiere tomorrow.

I just watched it, no announcement. But he was in the episode more than he ever has been. Maybe they will follow their relationship in this season.

13 hours ago, faraway said:

I think that they are no longer really announcing official courtships for two reasons, it makes them look less normal to go with courtship and it looks bad if it a courtship doesn't work out. No doubt they are still doing the same courtship thing, they just are making it less obvious.

Bill Gothard would say that whatever both sets of fathers agree to is the right choice. He hard stance has always been that fathers must be obeyed even if they seem to be saying the wrong thing. 

I liked how Tori said official/unofficial, Gil claimed they were NOT courting because they didn't know each other enough for that, but the UP label for Bobby in a talking head was boyfriend. So you can have a boyfriend without courting? I feel like there is a word for that.

Maybe dating? Is that it? :confusion-questionmarks:

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I liked how Tori said official/unofficial, Gil claimed they were NOT courting because they didn't know each other enough for that, but the UP label for Bobby in a talking head was boyfriend. So you can have a boyfriend without courting? I feel like there is a word for that.

Maybe dating? Is that it? :confusion-questionmarks:

The Bates play public games with names/titles and are careful following the public Zach/Sara thing. I have little doubt that Tori and Bobby are courting, even if that's not what they're saying on UP and/or Instagram. They'll probably announce it publicly on "I love you day" and be engaged by summer.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived