IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

Tori looks different in that picture, I can't place my finger on who she looks like. She does look pretty and happy though.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On October 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM, actuallyjessica said:

Tori looks different in that picture, I can't place my finger on who she looks like. She does look pretty and happy though.

She looks like Kelly Jo. 

35 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Nah, she's all Gil.

I thought there was something very Alyssa about her expression in this photo. Not really sure why. She looks lovely and happy though.

could be either, really given that it's not unusual for them to become engaged just a few months after officially courting.

though, we never got an announcement about an official courtship, but they've been more upfront about their relationship in the getting-to-know-ya aka dating stages than the rest of the bates kids have... so maybe they started courting a while back and are now engaged.

or maybe they're just now formally courting. time will tell!

Hmm, I agree.  Could be either.  They weren't officially courting so this could be a courtship.  The Bates kids do seem to make their own rules about courtship.  Nathan & Ashley and Alyssa & John held hands in courtship so it's not a stretch for these two.  On the other hand they may have just skipped straight to the engagement.  Kelly had said that Alyssa considered skipping the courtship phase since they had already agreed that they wanted to get married.  Whatever the case I'm sure they'll be only to happy to share for the sake of their ministry of course.:kitty-wink:

Hmm his arms on this beach photo looks for me like John's not Bobby's. But if we see Tori and Bobby I'm very glad. More courtships, more forum to do :) 

5 hours ago, titerlitury said:

Hmm his arms on this beach photo looks for me like John's not Bobby's. But if we see Tori and Bobby I'm very glad. More courtships, more forum to do :) 

This was from Bobby's Instagram and Zach congratulated him, so it seems to be him and Tori.

The post with the photo was hidden as it came from a private account.

It's from Bobby's Instagram. He and Tori are holding hands on the beach at sunset (assume taken at the same time of the Alyssa/John pic). He hastagged it #ILoveYou

Looks like the courtship has begun, which would also explain all the family members in Pensacola en masse. Looks like they bough themselves another season. 

Just wanted to throw my two cents in on the early marriage thing.  I was only one of eight.... but do you know how often I was introduced as the THIRD child?!   Getting married was amazing and wonderful.  I am his all... I am don't have to compete with anyone else for my husband's attention.  Finally I actually matter.  I don't think Alyssa will get to 40 and regret marrying.  This is doubtless the best time of her life.  I know, sometimes due to family pressure one can end in a disaster of a marriage like Anna Duggar.  But sometimes you're willing to take the gamble to become the only one versus one of.....

Can't stand big families.  I love kids, but I think its sooo immature and irresponsible to have lots of kids.

They seems to be a good match, so if they are officialy courting i'm happy for them, from how long they are dating or "getting to know you" ? It seems to me that is an eternety maybe for the show. . . . Any way another season is sure now

I'm kind of surprised if they're engaged. I'm not sure where either of them are with their education, but hasn't Tori said in the past they were both committed to finishing "college" before they started thinking about marriage?  Hopefully this is just a courtship rn, the schools they're going to are a joke but I guess it's better than nothing and I'd like to see Tori finish (especially because she's more than likely gonna be homeschooling). 

4 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I'm kind of surprised if they're engaged. I'm not sure where either of them are with their education, but hasn't Tori said in the past they were both committed to finishing "college" before they started thinking about marriage?  Hopefully this is just a courtship rn, the schools they're going to are a joke but I guess it's better than nothing and I'd like to see Tori finish (especially because she's more than likely gonna be homeschooling). 

Bobby is a senior. I believe Tori is only a junior? I remember Kelli commenting at one point that Tori had changed her major to education (from music, perhaps?) & therefore was going to be in school longer because of the change.

Yeah me too. They will wait that Bobby finish the school before made an engagement announcement 

• 2 weeks later...

So who else thinks there's going to be a showdown between Gil and JB to see who gets a young daughter married off first? Tori and Bobby or Joy and Austin?

45 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So who else thinks there's going to be a showdown between Gil and JB to see who gets a young daughter married off first? Tori and Bobby or Joy and Austin?

That was actually my thought when I heard about Joy's courtship.

I just went to the blog to see the update, and it was posted "Many of you have asked for an update on Bobby and Tori's relationship. As many of you follow Bobby on Instagram, he has been posting photos of him and Tori.

We asked the network for an update on the couple's relationship and there is no word of an official courtship announcement but they are still together.

We will keep you update."

So... no real update at all.

In the comments it says they've been in an 'unofficial courtship' since October 2015.

And yet there is no announcement of an official courtship just yet. If no announcement is indicator that they haven't entered into a courtship yet I'm just gonna say they won't and will just jump straight to an engagement.

I just went to the blog to see the update, and it was posted "Many of you have asked for an update on Bobby and Tori's relationship. As many of you follow Bobby on Instagram, he has been posting photos of him and Tori.

We asked the network for an update on the couple's relationship and there is no word of an official courtship announcement but they are still together.

In the comments it says they've been in an 'unofficial courtship' since October 2015.

And yet there is no announcement of an official courtship just yet. If no announcement is indicator that they haven't entered into a courtship yet I'm just gonna say they won't and will just jump straight to an engagement.

Please tell me this is a typo. Because if not, it sounds like she's saying their relationships aren't real or driven by God, but created by the network for ratings.

26 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Someone shared a picture recently from bobby's instagram with a congrats, we're very happy for you from Zachnwhit's instagram. Either official courtship or engagement.  Wonder what they're holding the news for.

2 minutes ago, alba said:

Please tell me this is a typo. Because if not, it sounds like she's saying their relationships aren't real or driven by God, but created by the network for ratings.

That's a fan blog, not the official family blog.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

There's a "new" but rehashed from the couch episode tonight.  I wonder if they will make an announcement then.  

They've been in a courtship for a long time in fundie world. Jeez, they're going to have to move fast now to beat Joy and Austin to the alter. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived