IGNORED

Jahi McMath 3: Issued Second Death Certificate and Will Finally Be Allowed to Rest

samurai_sarah

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like Charlie Gard, a doctor offering his input without actually examining the patient in person. Wonder how much access to her medical records this doctor has had, and wonder if he saw her full on when she supposedly made these movements or just the body part itself like most of her videos. 

Jesus this whole thing is fucking ridiculous!

I saw this thread bumped to the top and thought for a minute that they had finally let the poor girl rest. Yikes, it seems that a lot of these unscrupulous "professionals" are everywhere just now.

After some late night reading, this is a doctor whose ideas on brain death are contrary to the actual science of it and his opinions have already been cast aside by the court once before. Add in that the family refuses to allow a new brain scan for comparison and something smells mighty fishy. 

This doctor confirms in his affidavit that Jahi has not been able to reproduce the on command movements in his presence. He recorded the majority of movements to be involuntary in the videos he watched.

But hopefully soon this case will see its day in court. A judge is going to call for the brain death tests to be completed again by an unbiased physician. Those tests will undoubtedly confirm brain death and hopefully the judge will force an end to this nonsense.

13 hours ago, JuicyDuggar said:

This doctor confirms in his affidavit that Jahi has not been able to reproduce the on command movements in his presence. He recorded the majority of movements to be involuntary in the videos he watched.

But hopefully soon this case will see its day in court. A judge is going to call for the brain death tests to be completed again by an unbiased physician. Those tests will undoubtedly confirm brain death and hopefully the judge will force an end to this nonsense.

Hopefully VERY soon.  This whole thing is ridiculous. Next I guess we'll hear from the anti vax whackjobs with an opinion.

As with the Charlie Gard situation, Jahi's mother is choosing to listen to whoever tells her what she wants to hear. Jahi is dead and needs to be now at peace keeping her body artificially alive is not fair on her. I hope this ends once and for all.

8 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

As with the Charlie Gard situation, Jahi's mother is choosing to listen to whoever tells her what she wants to hear. Jahi is dead and needs to be now at peace keeping her body artificially alive is not fair on her. I hope this ends once and for all.

Charlie's parents were under the (misguided) belief that he could be better and a "normal" child.  She cant seriously believe that Jahi will EVER wake up, right?

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Hopefully VERY soon.  This whole thing is ridiculous. Next I guess we'll hear from the anti vax whackjobs with an opinion.

Oh please God no. Because that's all they need.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Charlie's parents were under the (misguided) belief that he could be better and a "normal" child.  She cant seriously believe that Jahi will EVER wake up, right?

Yes, she can. Because there were all these other people who did and look, these movements mean she's still in there and she's still warm and breathing so obviously still alive, right? I really hope that her mother is finally able to accept that she is dead, because this is just sad.

To clarify, is Jahi on life support -- respirator/ventilator, feeding tube?  

Y'all may have already discussed the 1985 case of  Karen Ann Quinlan, a young woman in a persistent vegetative state.   

From Karen Ann Quinlan's Wiki: After doctors, under threat from prosecutors, refused the request of her parents, Joseph and Julia Quinlan, to disconnect Quinlan's respirator, which the parents believed constituted extraordinary means of prolonging her life, her parents filed suit to disconnect Quinlan from her ventilator.

Quinlan's case continues to raise important questions in moral theology, bioethics, euthanasia, legal guardianship and civil rights. Her case has affected the practice of medicine and law around the world. A significant outcome of her case was the development of formal ethics committees in hospitals, nursing homes and hospices.

In the Terri Schaivo case, she was kept alive from 1990 to 2005, when her husband won the legal right to withdraw her feeding tube. She was also in an irreversible persistent vegetative state.   Sadly, it took her almost two weeks to die after her feeding tube was removed, so she slowly starved to death.  

Ironically, both the Quinlan and Schaivo cases were related to extreme dieting practices.  Schaivo  ingested tea and water in amounts sufficient to create a potassium imbalance that resulted in cardiac arrest.  Quinlan had been crash dieting while also drinking alcohol and taking Valium. 

Back to Jahi.  I've heard so many stories.  

Like how she was fine when she woke up from her surgery but against doctor's orders her grandmother gave her a hamburger and she choked in it, causing brain death.

I've heard that her family is living a much better life now, because they're being funded by the same network that is keeping Jahi's body going.

I've heard that one of Jahi's uncles used this situation to collect money for himself.

I don't know what is true, and what is not.  I don't know of Jahi's mother really believes her daughter is alive and might wake up someday, or if she is using the situation for her own benefit.

The only thing I know is that I believe that Jahi is dead, and it's only her body that is kept 'alive' through completely artificial means.  If we have a soul, I believe that Jahi's has passed on to Heaven, or the next level, or the next plane of existence, or whatever comes after this.

I'm lucky that I've never had to go through something like this as a parent, but I'd hope that I could let go when everything else tells me that my child is gone, and it's time to let their body go.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:28 PM, Buzzard said:

No joke at all, there are people out there who believe Jahi will just wake up and start walking and talking as if nothing ever happened.  There are people who believe dunking a early dead person in the water at Lourdes, France will cure them immediately.  

I don't think her mom thinks that.  I think her mom's milking this for all it's worth.  If she believed it, she'd welcome a scan to show progress.

On 7/31/2017 at 6:36 PM, Howl said:

To clarify, is Jahi on life support -- respirator/ventilator, feeding tube?  

<cut> 

In the Terri Schaivo case, she was kept alive from 1990 to 2005, when her husband won the legal right to withdraw her feeding tube. She was also in an irreversible persistent vegetative state.   Sadly, it took her almost two weeks to die after her feeding tube was removed, so she slowly starved to death.  

Jahi has literally no brain activity.  Terri did, however little of it there was.  They're very, very different cases and shouldn't be compared.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, Flossie said:

Back to Jahi.  I've heard so many stories.  

Like how she was fine when she woke up from her surgery but against doctor's orders her grandmother gave her a hamburger and she choked in it, causing brain death.

<snip>

Interesting. According to the Wikipedia article (I know, I know) she suffered massive blood loss and cardiac arrest post surgery. I'm pretty sure massive blood loss can't be caused by choking... or could it be linked to the fact she had the burger after extensive surgery in her mouth, especially if a burger was against doctor's orders?? (Possibly just answered my own question). 

I would imagine she was on a liquid diet after surgery. The incisions would have to clot and if she ate 
"real food" then the clots might have dislodged and the bleeding started. I too wish the mother wasn't a greedy bitch who had to buy Marc Jacobs handbags and other big name designers on money that was raised for her daughter. 

If the doctor hadn't seen her in person how can he/she/it make an educated guess on her status? She doesn't respond, she lays there and is probably decaying from the inside out. Did they do a trial off the vent? Did she have spontaneous respiration? I doubt if she could sustain it with the amount of injury that there is supposed to be. 

I hope as said above that if they go to trial, the judge orders an independent doctor to do a real exam on her in person without the mother being in the same room, and they get an answer finally. 

Its strange that she lives here in NJ but I haven't heard a thing about her in the news.

1 hour ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Jahi has literally no brain activity.  Terri did, however little of it there was.  They're very, very different cases and shouldn't be compared.

This.  

There is a difference between persistent veg state and dead.  Terri had involuntary brain stem activity.  As I understand it, Jahi was found to be brain dead, so no brain stem activity.   Dead.  

On 2017-07-31 at 4:19 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Agreed. And I hope it ends soon. Her family needs to heal, especially her younger siblings who have been forced to live this nightmare because of their mother's inability to let go. 

Agreed. And I hope it ends soon. Her family needs to heal, especially her younger siblings who have been forced to live this nightmare because of their mother's inability to let go. 

Don't you mean "witness the resurrection of their sister?" Sigh.

If anyone ever does this to me, I hope FJ will free me.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, mango_fandango said:

Interesting. According to the Wikipedia article (I know, I know) she suffered massive blood loss and cardiac arrest post surgery. I'm pretty sure massive blood loss can't be caused by choking... or could it be linked to the fact she had the burger after extensive surgery in her mouth, especially if a burger was against doctor's orders?? (Possibly just answered my own question). 

It sure can!  She didn't just have her tonsils out, like her mom tried claiming at first.  She had some pretty major stuff done since she had a hard time breathing because of her obesity.  If she choked and coughed and loosened clots, yes, she could die from that.

I don't think it's been proven yet if there was food involved though, but the mom strikes me as the sort who'd give her a cheeseburger.

On 8/2/2017 at 6:00 PM, cindyluvs24 said:

Its strange that she lives here in NJ but I haven't heard a thing about her in the news.

Since NJ lets families reject brain death as being dead, she might be getting corpse-care at your expense, and the don't want the taxpayers to revolt.

Schiavo was in a persistent vegetative state. Her brain stem was intact and thus she breathed independently and maintained body temp and other involuntary functions to sustain her in that state. That was why the feeding tube had to be removed. There was no ventilator necessary. On autopsy, her cerebral cortex, the conscious brain, was the size of a walnut but her brain stem was intact.

Jahi does not breathe nor maintain temp. A ventilator breathes for her and her temperature is maintained externally, which means heating and cooling blankets as needed. According to the released details, nothing above C5 exists now. Her heart beats because it has its own pace making system independent of the brain.

Archived