IGNORED

R.I.P. Miss P

Palimpsest

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Palimpsest, I'm so sorry Miss P had to go where you can't follow. :( I am currently raising a can of clementine soda in her honor.  May her memory be eternal.

I am so grievously sorry, @Palimpsest.  I was just missing our boy a few minutes ago, and now I have a horrible lump in my throat for you.

May the memories of your gentle and much loved friend surround and comfort you as you say goodbye.  

*raises tea*  Farewell, Miss P.  Godspeed and give doggie kisses to my Echo for me.

Oh, no, @Palimpsest.  I am so sorry.  It has been very obvious how much you love her.  I have already raised my glass of wine to her, and to you.  

There has been way to much sad news on FJ lately...

I am so sorry. I'm raising a Diet Coke in her honour right now. My thoughts are with you. 

Truly sorry for your loss today.  I will raise a glass to her memory. :my_sad:

I am very sorry for your loss.  Our dogs/cats/any pet become part of our families.  She is at peace - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Raising my iced peach tea to her honor and memory.  I'm sure you were as much of a blessing to her as she was to you.

:my_heart:

@Palimpsest,  I am so so sorry about the loss of Miss P.  One of the hardest things we have to do as pet parents is knowing when it's time to let our beloved pets go and end any pain that they have.   I still miss my terrier that went to the Rainbow Bridge last year.  Lucy will show Miss P the best places to run and the softest places for naps.

I raise an Arnold Palmer in her honor. May she have anything she little heart desires during her stop at Rainbow Bridge. 

So sorry, Palimpsest - raising a glass of cabernet in her memory.

So sorry for your loss @Palimpsest, raising my morning coffee in memory of Miss P. The sorrow and grief of losing a beloved member of the family is heart breaking. May she run free at the rainbow bridge until you meet again. 

Sorry for your loss Palimpsest, I shall raise a glass of diet coke to Miss P. I am sure you gave her the best life possible, full of love and laughter. :hug:

Thanks so much everyone.  Your kind thoughts and posts mean a lot to us.

Yes, Miss P had a very good life with us I think.  She was with us for 11 years and made it to 13 1/2, which is pretty good for a greyhound.  We knew she was on borrowed time for the last 8 months after her last hospitalization.  She was still enjoying snuggles, gentle walks and food until Thursday.   It was time to let her run free and without pain to chase bunnies in the sky.

The other two dogs are a bit lost without her, she was definitely the boss lady, but they will be OK.

I wish you that your memories of her will soon lose the bitter edge of sorrow so that you can enjoy remembering all the fun and love you shared with her. Hugs.

Here's to you, Miss P! May the memory of you always bring a smile to everyone's faces. Rest in peace.

I'm so sorry to read that Miss P has passed. I hope you are comforted by the memories of her years with you.

I am so sorry for the loss of Miss P :( 

We lost our beloved lab Piper not quite a year ago, so I'm sure she will be welcoming Miss P, and showing her where the best treats are, and especially the sunniest sleeping spots.

Take care of you and yours, it's a dreadful time xxx

• 1 month later...

@Palimpsest, I just now realized, I didn't express my heartbreak for your great loss in the Greyhound thread.  I'm so sorry for the delay, I promise I thought I had posted.

I can tell from your posts, you have enormous compassion and love for your kids. I know Miss P was dearly loved.  You and your family are most certainly in my thoughts. I wish you all well. 

Archived