IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

I just can't get over why respect for her parents is mentioned as one of her top qualities. Why do parents even have to be mentioned in a 'personal' (I know we are all reading it) letter of appreciation from husband to wife? Respecting parents is one of the commandments in the Bible, sure, but he does't say he is eternally grateful she is not worshipping idols or commiting adultery or that she is keeping the sabbath.

The fact that her parents and her siblings are so explicitly mentioned in a romantic, personal note, tells me that 1) they have not really 'left' them as they biblically should. 2)The letter is probably not so much written for Jill as for Jim Bob, as an expression of loyalty to the brand. Maybe it was even suggested by him. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

I just can't get over why respect for her parents is mentioned as one of her top qualities. Why do parents even have to be mentioned in a 'personal' (I know we are all reading it) letter of appreciation from husband to wife? Respecting parents is one of the commandments in the Bible, sure, but he does't say he is eternally grateful she is not worshipping idols or commiting adultery or that she is keeping the sabbath.

The fact that her parents and her siblings are so explicitly mentioned in a romantic, personal note, tells me that 1) they have not really 'left' them as they biblically should. 2)The letter is probably not so much written for Jill as for Jim Bob, as an expression of loyalty to the brand. Maybe it was even suggested by him. 

What's missing from Derick's list is reference to Jill's love and caring for his mother, the widowed (since remarried) cancer survivor who spent time in dangerous cintralmerica w/ them who is more likely to show Isreal the meaning of a grandparent's love than J&M will ever be able to muster for their 200 future grandchildren.

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't suppose anyone considered that he might be sincere.

As I said, I think he is just not very imaginative or articulate.  He isn't describing her for the world; he is making a statement about his love for her.  Given that he praises her open-mindedness, maybe he is totally besotted and incapable of objectivity.

;)

2 hours ago, sndral said:

What's missing from Derick's list is reference to Jill's love and caring for his mother, the widowed (since remarried) cancer survivor who spent time in dangerous cintralmerica w/ them who is more likely to show Isreal the meaning of a grandparent's love than J&M will ever be able to muster for their 200 future grandchildren.

Maybe this is petty since I know the Duggar kids are probabl going to talk about the Duggars on their youtube because branding, maybe Grandma Dillard didn't want to be mentioned, or whatever else may be going on, but that Mother's Day video from Jill and Derrick really made me angry because they never once mentioned Gma Cathy (that is her name, right?) who 

1. Despite being incredibly sick, made sure she was at their wedding and

2. Actually lived with them and helped them get started in The Danger Zone despite everything sndral said.

3. And thinks her grandson absolutely hung the moon and treats him accordingly.

But in the video, Derrick's part was all about J'chelle and what  a ~*wonderful*~ mother-in-law she is. :/ 

Maybe they made a different video for Cathy and didn't post it. Maybe they sent her flowers and candy. Maybe she didn't need to be lauded publicly. Maybe they forgot her.

I hope Grandma Cathy got a private message, which was what she wanted and expected.  that would be further proof that she was a true G'ma was about her relationship with her family and not her public image.

If someone made me a video like that I'd probably ask them to take it down and keep it private. Some people, like me, are like that.

I hope Jill and Derek are just respecting that....

8 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

The one item that bothered me personally (warning: nit-picking ahead) #14, Her Godly example to her siblings. Ugh.  That sounds so boastful and immodest.  It is as if Derick is telling everyone "Look what a perfect woman my wife is, her sisters should model themselves after her."  

It's a (not so) subtle dig. There is another Duggar sibling who is not setting a godly example.

And perhaps Jill's 'independence' in pursuing midwifery and moving too far from the Duggar compound has caused JimBoob to grumble, and Derick feels the need to reiterate what a godly example she is setting.

5 hours ago, MadameOvary said:

It's a (not so) subtle dig. There is another Duggar sibling who is not setting a godly example.

And perhaps Jill's 'independence' in pursuing midwifery and moving too far from the Duggar compound has caused JimBoob to grumble, and Derick feels the need to reiterate what a godly example she is setting.

Or, maybe we're just over-thinking it.

14 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

My first thought when I saw the list and that JB&M were visiting, was that it was written solely for their benefit and was what they would want to hear.  If he gets too detailed about Jill's unique traits that might mean he sees her as a friend and her own person, and that isn't encouraged.

But then I've always had this weird hope that Derick would rescue Jill....it faded to almost nothing there for awhile but now with the move to the Danger Zone and his increasingly not-fundie appearance and her seeming more relaxed and the fact that they do seem to actually like each other, it's experiencing a resurgence.  My wildest dream is that being so far away from the Collective and being fairly immersed in another culture, they'll wind up converting to Catholicism :evil-laugh:

It would be easy-ish to keep a secret, just keep putting out a pleasing to the folks narrative online until you're strong and sure enough to stand up to them. 

Unless there's something else going on, it sure seems like Boob and M are the ones who can't cut the apron strings, with their many visits. 

I am rooting for these two as well. I do not in any way agree with the mission, but I think Derrick was smart to get Jill away from the enmeshed family, the toxic media crap, and begin their lives focused on each other.

(I just wish they were doing something useful!)

1 hour ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

My first thought when I saw the list and that JB&M were visiting, was that it was written solely for their benefit and was what they would want to hear.  If he gets too detailed about Jill's unique traits that might mean he sees her as a friend and her own person, and that isn't encouraged.

But then I've always had this weird hope that Derick would rescue Jill....it faded to almost nothing there for awhile but now with the move to the Danger Zone and his increasingly not-fundie appearance and her seeming more relaxed and the fact that they do seem to actually like each other, it's experiencing a resurgence.  My wildest dream is that being so far away from the Collective and being fairly immersed in another culture, they'll wind up converting to Catholicism :evil-laugh:

It would be easy-ish to keep a secret, just keep putting out a pleasing to the folks narrative online until you're strong and sure enough to stand up to them. 

I might literally die laughing if after their blustering about converting the heathens, barging into other people's churches, and generally denigrating their way of life, the Dillards BECAME heathens. They would probably be really obnoxious about it and "more Catholic than the Pope," but it would be hilarious anyway. They would probably give Abigail a run for her money.

The list was kind of sad. I don't doubt Derick meant it honestly enough and I'm sure Jill considered it to be a very loving gesture - in which case I guess that's what matters? But it makes me a bit sad there wasn't a more personal feel to it. There has to be more to love about Jill then just "because Jesus."

At least they did a better job on their note for Israel's first birthday...

5 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I had this same thought in the middle of the night.

I think/hope that Derrick is trying to "keep sweet" as subterfuge.  I have gone back and forth in my opinion of Derrick--hopeful that he wasn't a full-on leghumper and then disappointed.  I've become hopeful again.  

I also agree that JB feels a huge need to keep tabs on them.  They didn't visit Josh as often in DC as they have Jill in CA. I also find it interesting that they brought James along.  Was he one of Jill's buddies? Did he need to see his sister-mom?  And, since when do Boob and Mullett travel with only one child?  How is the mother of the year getting away with constantly leaving her 10 minor children in the care of Jana and Jinger? 

"And I gave birth to every one"...then immediately deposited him/her in the lap of a sister mom so I could keep the crazy train on track'

apparently Derick posted new things about what they are doing and learning in SCA and we need to pray that they get hair cutters down in SCA 

unless I am reading it wrong 

On 5/19/2016 at 2:04 AM, anne.stults said:

Seems to me someone is playing second fiddle here.

I learned the adjective Godly cannot possibly be overused.

So according to their latest update of the great work they're doing in Central Murica, Izzy is allowed to wander around eating bugs? Well at least he is getting to sample some authentic foreign foods.

'The showers bring LOTS of new creatures and insects from the jungle, but that’s not a problem because we also have a one year old who provides excellent service in the pest control department as his diet continues to expand.'

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

So according to their latest update of the great work they're doing in Central Murica, Izzy is allowed to wander around eating bugs? Well at least he is getting to sample some authentic foreign foods.

'The showers bring LOTS of new creatures and insects from the jungle, but that’s not a problem because we also have a one year old who provides excellent service in the pest control department as his diet continues to expand.'

That is just completely gross! 

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

So according to their latest update /snip.

Baha!  I think it's hilarious. Totally tongue in cheek. :my_biggrin:

On 5/18/2016 at 9:12 PM, marmalade said:

So, they flew down to Danger America to make a stupid happy birthday video? I wonder why they are REALLY there? Is Derick's look straying too far from the Duggar Ideal for JB? God forbid, is there a TLC film crew tagging along, easing us back in to getting used to these clowns back on the show, paving the way for Joshley's pretty much inevitable return? We know JB didn't pay his way for this pleasure trip. He's way too cheap.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.  

Normally when the person that you are wishing a happy birthday to is standing right next to you, you loooooook at them.

I'm not one to bump watch but Derrick just posted a pic on Instagram and Jill looks pregnant. Could just be the maternity shirt hitting her skirt in a weird way but still...

9 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

I'm not one to bump watch but Derrick just posted a pic on Instagram and Jill looks pregnant. Could just be the maternity shirt hitting her skirt in a weird way but still...

JillyMuffin doesn't wear maternity clothes, she's too cool for that. She goes out and buys shirts that are size larger so by the end of the pregnancy we can see her unborn son's penis profile right through the shirt. Classy as always. 

Just now, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

JillyMuffin doesn't wear maternity clothes, she's too cool for that. She goes out and buys shirts that are size larger so by the end of the pregnancy we can see her unborn son's penis profile right through the shirt. Classy as always. 

Haha yep! Except this one has side ruching...

Just looked. Definitely could be that Muddy has a muffin in her oven. But it's hard to tell with her, she's been a little puffy in her abdomen ever since giving birth to the Messiah child. Not that I'm snarking her at all, after all she has a good excuse (in their circles) for a puffy tummy, mine is just ice cream and bagels and pizza. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived