IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

gosh, I certainly learned a ton of interesting things about JillyMuffin from Derick's list:

A whopping 36% of these 25 items are about the LORD.

Seems to me someone is playing second fiddle here.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until I read his crappy list about his Jilly Muffin I was going to say they seem like they may actually be in love with each other.  But if that is all my man could say about me, it would make me feel bad about myself.  I don't even know Derick or Jill and I could probably do better if I wrote one out on each of them.  They are all trying so hard to be the most Godly.  How about they just go on with their lives and work on removing the log from their eyes.  Really, I don't think Jesus lived and died just to see who could "loves" him the most wins.  These people represent the false profits the Bible warned of.

So maybe now I can go to sleep.  I have spoken what I feel.  I have ordered a spanking stick for when I need to use public restrooms.  This is for the Christians trying to force their beliefs on everyone in the bathrooms.   

55 minutes ago, anne.stults said:

Until I read his crappy list about his Jilly Muffin I was going to say they seem like they may actually be in love with each other.  But if that is all my man could say about me, it would make me feel bad about myself.  I don't even know Derick or Jill and I could probably do better if I wrote one out on each of them.  They are all trying so hard to be the most Godly.  How about they just go on with their lives and work on removing the log from their eyes.  Really, I don't think Jesus lived and died just to see who could "loves" him the most wins.  These people represent the false profits the Bible warned of.

So maybe now I can go to sleep.  I have spoken what I feel.  I have ordered a spanking stick for when I need to use public restrooms.  This is for the Christians trying to force their beliefs on everyone in the bathrooms.   

False profits? :ARGENT:

1 hour ago, anne.stults said:

The best part of the list is "her open mindedness". OMG They are absolutely minded-closed!!!!! I really need a drink after reading that stupid list.

16 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm calling Bullshit on #18...... An open minded Duggar? Not likely!

WTF?  Maybe she's open-minded about cutting back on the salt in her chickenetti recipe?

9 minutes ago, Drala said:

WTF?  Maybe she's open-minded about cutting back on the salt in her chickenetti recipe?

Maybe she stopped making gross-out faces at the produce and meat markets?

How about, "she gave up a comfortable life and followed my sorry ass to a place with no air conditioning!"

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The best part of the list is "her open mindedness". OMG They are absolutely minded-closed!!!!! I really need a drink after reading that stupid list.

What, of course she's open-minded! She was willing to try Hummus. Don't you know that food comes from a Christless land?

44 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

What, of course she's open-minded! She was willing to try Hummus. Don't you know that food comes from a Christless land?

Those poor heretics in the Levant; they don't know anything about Christ. We all know Christianity was started by  Europeans.

Praise White Jebus!

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

No mention of her tenacity, strength or intellect.

Well, it is a sin to lie...

(I kid--mostly. I really don't think there's much intellect to speak of with that one.)

I just don't understand why he couldn't write things like "she hates broccoli" or "mangos are her new favorite fruit" or "her favorite hymn is "Amazing Grace."

Maybe he thought that would be viewed as frivolous.

I got the feeling that Derick "purposed" to create a list of nothing but bland "Christlike character qualities" but couldn't come up with 25 different ones.

I think Derick now views himself as a full time preacher--just like the Rev. Ben

46 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Well, it is a sin to lie...

(I kid--mostly. I really don't think there's much intellect to speak of with that one.)

I used to think Jill was pretty dim, but a lot of it might just be the ditzy codependence that a Gothardite upbringing encourages for women. (Erin Paine also comes across as unintelligent, but no one seems to snark on her about it.) Jill seems somewhat more mature/snarky since moving to "Sintral" America...I suspect being a mom and going through a difficult labor/big move matured her a bit. That would have been nice for Derick to mention. 

On 5/18/2016 at 8:12 PM, marmalade said:

So, they flew down to Danger America to make a stupid happy birthday video? I wonder why they are REALLY there? Is Derick's look straying too far from the Duggar Ideal for JB? God forbid, is there a TLC film crew tagging along, easing us back in to getting used to these clowns back on the show, paving the way for Joshley's pretty much inevitable return? We know JB didn't pay his way for this pleasure trip. He's way too cheap.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.  

Boob says "enjoying the beauty in central america ". We are constantly being told how "dangerous" it is, yet here they stand out in the open on a beach with no fear...I have more fear in my soul riding my bicycle a mile to work everyday here in beautiful america. Looks like the 'danger' there might be stepping on a piece of driftwood in your bare feet...:my_dodgy:

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I got the feeling that Derick "purposed" to create a list of nothing but bland "Christlike character qualities" but couldn't come up with 25 different ones.

I think Derick now views himself as a full time preacher--just like the Rev. Ben

He's not very smart or he's a bit lazy (which seems to be common at Duggars), because I'm not religious but I can easily write 25 godly/nice things about my husband, all different things. In Derick's list he's repeating ideas  and he's not listing anything special  about her, it's depressing or at least boring.

6 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Boob says "enjoying the beauty in central america ". We are constantly being told how "dangerous" it is, yet here they stand out in the open on a beach with no fear...I have more fear in my soul riding my bicycle a mile to work everyday here in beautiful america. Looks like the 'danger' there might be stepping on a piece of driftwood in your bare feet...:my_dodgy:

they say that so we know they aren't on vacation yet they are 

That list indicates how interchangable people are in Gothardism or whatever the Dullards claim to be following. Everyone in their particular subculture is "eternity minded" and "diligent in studying God's word"; Derrick could just as well be describing Jana or Jinger, or even Johannah. There's nothing about Jill as an unique person who has an existence apart from being a mother of god's arrows.

On a positive note, I was very pleasantly surprised that there was nothing about submitting to him. He only talks about what she has taught him.

That said, you really don't get much of an idea of who Jill really is as a person from this list. It reads as a generic description of a good Christian, not as a portrait of a unique and interesting individual.

The list is a nice gesture, but if I were Jill I'd be disappointed he couldn't think of 25 unique things (e.g. her love and care of her family is listed in a few ways). 

It would have been nice if he could have included a few cute personal things since he was going to share it with the world. Something like, when she was pregnant she would crave X at 2 am, or her favourite game with Izzy is...

Didn't have to be horribly personal, just something to make her seem less like a Stepford wife. However, he gets points for trying.

I'm assuming he's not ranking them in order (seeing as her love and care for Israel only makes it in at 22) ;)

It's cute, I guess.............. oh, to be young and in love.

But yes, over egging it with all that G O D stuff. Anyone would think he was a missionary or something :pb_lol:

P.S. having read it again, I reckon some of those things are the same:

1/4/6

2/13/22

11/14/21

11/15/20/23

He could've made it 10 things and said pretty much the same thing (I'm so mean)

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

He's not very smart or he's a bit lazy (which seems to be common at Duggars), because I'm not religious but I can easily write 25 godly/nice things about my husband, all different things. In Derick's list he's repeating ideas  and he's not listing anything special  about her, it's depressing or at least boring.

I don't suppose anyone considered that he might be sincere.

It would have been nice to hear that he respects and loves her how hard she has worked to learn the Spanish language and integrate into their new community.

He mentions nothing of her intellect and that really bugs me. She's no MENSA member (nor am I), but has she done nothing beyond the Godspeak (what about her MW certification) that he is proud of?

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't suppose anyone considered that he might be sincere.

I'm sure he's sincere, it's just such a sad comment on these people's general outlook on life. He wrote and posted that list honestly believing that he was giving Jill the highest praise there is, that whatever he may love about her as an individual is nowhere near as important as that list of  generic, Gothard approved qualities. And Jill probably loved it, because, hey, she had her own long list of generic, Gothard-approved qualities she was looking for in a man, individuality be damned. 

The one item that bothered me personally (warning: nit-picking ahead) #14, Her Godly example to her siblings. Ugh.  That sounds so boastful and immodest.  It is as if Derick is telling everyone "Look what a perfect woman my wife is, her sisters should model themselves after her."  I get it.  He is in Love and he thinks being a Christian is the acme of perfection therefore the highest compliment he can pay to his wife is to describe her as a model Christian.  I dislike both the idea that she is so perfect as to be an example to follow and that her "Godliness" is what he loves about her.  It is too much like humble bragging combined with a propensity to be Pharicitical. Why can't they just be Christians and do what they believe Christ would have them do? That is feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and visit those in prison and above all be kind. And then be themselves and be human instead of this caricature of perfect Angels on Earth who have no emotions except sweetness and light.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived