IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Pt 10 - David Pleads Guilty - Merge

happy atheist

Aisha is beautiful, wow I can't get over it.  It was nice to see all the girls.  Cali is still having hair problems, I see.  She really does look sad.  I want to give them all a bath and clean clothes.  

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they get to be around another member of the family. Whatever her selfish reasons are I'm happy about that. I suspect they would have more about to say about grandpa if given the chance to speak freely.

Does anyone know if she deleted the really old entries she had or if her site is just organized in a way that it's kinda hard to find them? I know that before she revamped her site I was able to find older stuff fine

I couldn't get over how gay her Dad was. Apparently it's the only thing worth mentioning about him. Seriously, hitting us over the head with it much?

i noticed the American accent too, and I couldn't figure out where it might be coming from. Lots of US YouTube videos??

I couldn't get over how gay her Dad was. Apparently it's the only thing worth mentioning about him. Seriously, hitting us over the head with it much?

i noticed the American accent too, and I couldn't figure out where it might be coming from. Lots of US YouTube videos??

I'm an Aussie, and I listened to the video twice, and I can't hear an American accent coming from Brioni at all...:confusion-shrug:

If Callista doesn't like taking care of her hair, and wasn't fazed when Brioni cut it short, why wouldn't Lauren just keep Callista's hair in a short pixie cut similar to the way Brioni did it??? Short hair really doesn't tangle much, if at all, and C doesn't have the hassle of trying to reach and brush it all.

I think Calista cuts her own hair.  

I just looked up posts tagged "Calista baby" and she was probably the most photogenic of all the children in her early birthday pictures.  She started cutting her hair in the middle of the time where Lauren and David were barely speaking, the month or so before Elijah was killed. After Elijah died, she started cutting Delaney's hair savagely too. Poor little thing is wearing her grief, I guess.

It seems like Lauren jumps from whim to whim. Today, she's all about gay grandparent awareness. Before it was rainbows and dreadlocks. Tomorrow, it might be something else. Her daughters are to participate in her whims and support them, not having thoughts and feelings of their own. I read a quote recently that said something along the lines of...Love is believing another person is as real as you are. I don't think Lauren sees her kids that way. 

Hagai just posted a picture of Lauren (sticking her tongue out) titled "hobart", so it seems he and maybe his daughter are visiting them. Good - the girls seem to really like those two and Hagai seems a much more reasonable homeschooler. 

I was trying to hunt down more, but I found the fact, she planned her China visit just to see family, but everyone, but her Sister-in-law, magically left town, when she came in, pretty telling. Especially as it seems she really thought they would meet.

The girls' Aunt Cheryl is waiting for us on the shore. She and I caught up late last night, but this is the first time Cheryl has seen the girls in four years! Our visit to China was originally booked so our girls could visit their Chinese cousins, but last-minute travel means they're currently out of the country.

http://www.sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=2022

Isn't Aunt Cheryl married to David's brother? I think she was visiting Fisher cousins, not her sister's kids.  Seeing this family, after David's incarceration, would be a whole other sort of awkward...

4 minutes ago, Bearos said:

Isn't Aunt Cheryl married to David's brother? I think she was visiting Fisher cousins, not her sister's kids.  Seeing this family, after David's incarceration, would be a whole other sort of awkward...

Yes, she is.  It was David's side of the family- Lauren kept up with them longer than her own side.  Lauren's sister had returned to Australia (Perth) by the time Lauren and the kids went out to China. Lauren did go out on her own once to see her sister while they were in Hong Kong and they did visit her and Manou after David was incarcerated but clearly as she fell further away from the mainstream her relationship with her mother and sisters has deteriorated.  There was one comment on an Instagram (I think) photo which appeared to be from her Gold Coast sister's (the doctor) daughter asking why Lauren didn't stop by when she was in town and some mention of certain people not being able to take "open and honest" criticism from the Sparkling One.

On 12/4/2015 at 3:51 AM, blessalessi said:

I think Calista cuts her own hair.  

I just looked up posts tagged "Calista baby" and she was probably the most photogenic of all the children in her early birthday pictures.  She started cutting her hair in the middle of the time where Lauren and David were barely speaking, the month or so before Elijah was killed. After Elijah died, she started cutting Delaney's hair savagely too. Poor little thing is wearing her grief, I guess.

Poor Calista's hair issues may have started even earlier. I happened to find this on her blog, from April of 2010:

Calist 2yo, April 2010

Lauren posted this with the note that David did this to Calista's hair because "men do things differently". 

I assume that he was left to care for the girls while Lauren was out, and she came home to find that he'd tightly bound their daughter's hair into a ponytail with masking tape. 

Who knows if this has anything to do with Calista's current aversion to having her hair long/in her face/touching her, but it's amazing to me that either of them thought that this was an appropriate thing to do in the first place, let alone blog about it. That hair is baby-fine. Removing the tape in any fashion would be extremely painful. (If they removed it at all... I can totally see the asshats leaving it to rot out.)

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this looks such a petty and cruel thing to do to a toddler.

I hadn't seen that before, but I thought David was generally the more loving and nurturing parent (although unsafe at times, eg letting the girls play with saw blades, setting up firebath, etc)?

I can't believe I wrote that last sentence, but...!!

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I assume that he was left to care for the girls while Lauren was out, and she came home to find that he'd tightly bound their daughter's hair into a ponytail with masking tape. 

Fixing hair with TAPE?? Oh my God...

But it depends what kind of masking tape it is, some are very easy to get rid of. It might still be a little bit difficult but once I had tape in my hair and in my face (don´t ask) and it was not very painful to remove.

On 10 December 2015 at 8:16 AM, PeterRabbit said:

Men don't  "do things differently". That's a cruel thing to do to a toddler. 

Compared to everything else they've inflicted on these kids, tape in her hair is quite unremarkable.

Is David going to be released this week? 

Christmas is a terrible time to release someone from prison in these circumstances, IMO. So many expectations and fantasies get built too high and dashed in ordinary family circumstances at this time of year.  And support services tend to be stretched and difficult to access when needed.

I would imagine he would be released to stay at a fixed address, such as his mother's home, but even so, it could be so hard and confusing for the girls to know he is released, especially if they are told the news in a "sparkling" manner. :(

I hope that the girls will receive professional counselling before any plans are made for them to meet.  

Every time I go to read Lauren's blog, it always has something disgusting on there (this time, a baby coming out of Lauren's bare ass!) and I have to quickly close the tab and try to stop from gagging. This is why I cannot be a regular reader. I just associate her with "dirty and gross."

• 2 weeks later...

ugh, that pet shop post. "Rat bit me, I didn't want it, was going to put on a wee show so the girls didn't realise my mind was made up. Then had to be superior to the shop assistant, which led to the girls really wanting the rat. damn."

• 2 weeks later...

New post up. Apparently, Lauren and the girls are helping to "seed" a Rainbow Gathering and will be living there, in a tent, for at least a month. Oh, and they make all decisions by consensus, so if even one person disagrees then they don't do it. This, apparently makes sure that everyone is happy.

http://www.sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=2063

I'm sure she uses the consensus to her advantage... like when the girls get sick of camping (for a month) she can always say that they all agreed to do the seed project. Also, did they all agree not to repair the van when it was breaking down near civilization? Ugh, sometimes Lauren needs to step up and be more responsible!

I wonder what the girls answered to "what is your most terrible memory" and "how is your relationship with your mother"....

once again, she sends the girls off with other people to a Rainbow Gathering - on New Year's Eve! Yes, they were friends and yes, camping at the side of the road is probably not ideal, but surely they could have abandoned the bus entirely and then returned in the morning?

"  The girls have had to adjust to not being able to draw on personal food supplies " oh good. You mean they don't have their primary food source and rely on you being in the mood to make something? I'm glad there are other people there. 

and of course that new convert brought in the lice. Wasn't you or your continually lice-ridden children or the rest of the Rainbow folk. Oh no. The tea-tree arrangement sounds manky. No one washes their hands properly??

Lauren totally fancies Jake. An "opposing consensus" is not a thing.The local are not lacking in curiosity, they are probably staying away from the nutters. 

she's just so sanctimonious.

The new convert is now enjoying a healthy lifestyle....filled with lice. Ugh. Lice make me shutter, how do the deal?

Also, they are only using tea-tree spray to sanitize their hands. Gross. Someone is going to get really sick. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived