IGNORED

Meredith had her baby!

julie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look so happy.

IIRC she was using midwives attache to an OBGYN office. Stephen wouldn't want his wife and child at risk, no matter what kind of guy he is. And babies have been known to need help.

Wonder when Momma A is going to post an update?

They look so happy.

IIRC she was using midwives attache to an OBGYN office. Stephen wouldn't want his wife and child at risk, no matter what kind of guy he is. And babies have been known to need help.

Wonder when Momma A is going to post an update?

Stephen is also smart enough to know which situations would put his wife and child at risk.

I am totally fascinated by Stephen, btw. I just want to know what is going on in his head. What kind of boy raised in a Unitarian household and studies (and is the salutatorian) at one of the elite universities in the country goes and marries a fundie girl, even one as bright and (relatively, of course) liberal as Mere? And what does his family think?

I am totally fascinated by Stephen, btw. I just want to know what is going on in his head. What kind of boy raised in a Unitarian household and studies (and is the salutatorian) at one of the elite universities in the country goes and marries a fundie girl, even one as bright and (relatively, of course) liberal as Mere? And what does his family think?

I bet he's looking forward to a career in politics. He seems to be accruing all the credentials: elite education, time in the military, conversion to a mainstream conservative Christian denomination, marriage to a young woman with desirable personality traits (with no dirty linen that might be aired)...just what your Dominionist upstanding 21st-century Republican party is looking for...

Still no update from the Alexander blog. You would think the first grandchild blog would be updated as soon as they had a picture. Mere really needs to start blogging again, her mother sucks at updating.

Still no update from the Alexander blog. You would think the first grandchild blog would be updated as soon as they had a picture. Mere really needs to start blogging again, her mother sucks at updating.

she never really announced Meredith was pregnant...

I bet he's looking forward to a career in politics. He seems to be accruing all the credentials: elite education, time in the military, conversion to a mainstream conservative Christian denomination, marriage to a young woman with desirable personality traits (with no dirty linen that might be aired)...just what your Dominionist upstanding 21st-century Republican party is looking for...

It's going to happen...you watch...and keep your notes handy, because as "nice" as Stephen seems, I don't want him and his ilk running the country.

He was in ROTC at Princeton so he graduated a 2 LT. He got to put off serving for 2 years while he was at Oxford on his Rhodes Scholarship. So now he's got to fulfill his obligation to Uncle Sam. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent off to Afghanistan.

ETA: Wrong college

He was in ROTC at Yale so he graduated a 2 LT. He got to put off serving for 2 years while he was at Oxford on his Rhodes Scholarship. So now he's got to fulfill his obligation to Uncle Sam. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent off to Afghanistan.

Stephen went to Princeton, not Yale (not that it really matters, but...)

Stephen went to Princeton, not Yale (not that it really matters, but...)

I knew that. Princeton, Yale, Harvard.....all those Ivy League schools look alike to me....bwahahahahahahaaaaa.

This from a graduate of an ebil state university in the golden state.

Wait shouldn't he be in his second year at oxford now?

He graduated from Princeton in 2009 and went overseas for the two years at Oxford. The first year was getting to know Meredith and courting (which means he was flying back and forth for all those visits to her), the second year was their engagement and marriage. She lived there for about 6 months of that, until he finished.

I knew that. Princeton, Yale, Harvard.....all those Ivy League schools look alike to me....bwahahahahahahaaaaa.

This from a graduate of an ebil state university in the golden state.

Well, I grew up near one of those Ivy League schools (although my parents didn't have any connection to it), which is really the only reason it matters to me.

I'm from Steve's hometown. Trust me, no one is more confused than the people who grew up with him.

We need way more info. than this! Details and don't be skimpy!

I'm from Steve's hometown. Trust me, no one is more confused than the people who grew up with him.

More info, please! What are the theories to why he went the fundie way?

Stop teasing us. Details, details, details!

We need way more info. than this! Details and don't be skimpy!

I'm going to get myself in so much trouble for this, I'm sure. I won't divulge too much information because I'm sure he's actually a nice guy now and I'm scared the fires of hell will open up and swallow me whole just for finding this forum and laughing over the fascination Steve has inspired in others, but... Steve and I went to school together for many, many years. I actually knew him well. He's definitely brilliant - no doubt about that. But he was also a sarcastic, quick-witted smart a$$. He was never particularly inclined to debauchery, but he was by no means an angel. All in all, he was a pretty normal guy. If he deemed you intelligent to converse with, you probably might have even liked him. I guess he had some major religious conversion while at Princeton of which I don't know all (or any, really) of the details. Suffice it to say that we (his former classmates) were all shocked to hear of this whole story. I mean, his own mom went to a prestigious university and has a career! I do hope he's happy though. If this is what he wants, well, I might not agree with it, but I also probably shouldn't be one to judge. Meh.

I'm going to get myself in so much trouble for this, I'm sure. I won't divulge too much information because I'm sure he's actually a nice guy now and I'm scared the fires of hell will open up and swallow me whole just for finding this forum and laughing over the fascination Steve has inspired in others, but... Steve and I went to school together for many, many years. I actually knew him well. He's definitely brilliant - no doubt about that. But he was also a sarcastic, quick-witted smart a$$. He was never particularly inclined to debauchery, but he was by no means an angel. All in all, he was a pretty normal guy. If he deemed you intelligent to converse with, you probably might have even liked him. I guess he had some major religious conversion while at Princeton of which I don't know all (or any, really) of the details. Suffice it to say that we (his former classmates) were all shocked to hear of this whole story. I mean, his own mom went to a prestigious university and has a career! I do hope he's happy though. If this is what he wants, well, I might not agree with it, but I also probably shouldn't be one to judge. Meh.

This sounds exactly like my cousin, right down to the personality (except for the marrying part)

He was brought up in a non-religious household, and went off to university to become a doctor. He somehow became friends with a born-again Christian group, and totally changed. He fell for one of the girls in the group, and started getting right into church and youth groups/camps etc. In our family this is totally out of character and his parents became very worried. He dated Heather, the girl for quite a while. She ended up splitting up with him and marrying one of his best friends instead. My cousin never finished his degree and has kind of become a recluse ever since, except for occasionally hanging out with his new Christian friends and volunteering at the local church. Thankfully he is going back to uni next year

Guest Anonymous

OMG - I am sorry if you get into trouble for this but, if it is any consolation, you just made a woman on the other side of the Atlantic spit gin and tonic at at a netbook screen!

This has made my day - please tell us more! What does Stephen's family make of his conversion. We saw his brother's wedding and it was really glam and normal! :D

Archived