IGNORED

Bates Family Part 13: Like Lipstick on a Pig

Boogalou

I think the public grad party is about grifting more than anything else.  Trace and Carlin will probably get enough cash to cover at least a semester at Crown/PCC and enough gift cards for Bed, Bath and Beyond (common HS grad gift) to outfit a new household.

I think courtship partners are a few years away for both of them (although I see Trace possibly ending up with Carlin's BFF Joy Duggar)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, infooverload said:

I have to wonder what Zach ' s thoughts are regarding his parents posting the public invite. As a law enforcement officer he has to have concerns about his family's safety.

He's probably the one running security.

41 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Alyssa just posted this from Allie's birthday:

Shoulders and knees...NIKE!!!!! :playful2:

I think we can rule out Alyssa being pregnant again, from those photos. 

Also, Alyssa's really got the politician's wife look down pat. I wonder if John wants to go into politics in a few years. Does he have a college degree?

I have never gotten the point of giving a child a cake just to smash and play with. Why not just cut a piece for the kid to play with? Smash cakes seem to be everywhere now. 

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I have never gotten the point of giving a child a cake just to smash and play with. Why not just cut a piece for the kid to play with? Smash cakes seem to be everywhere now. 

Facts. Who has the time to bake a whole cake and then have a baby ruin it. I would just cut a small slice so the rest of the guests can actually enjoy the cake.

23 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Noooooo! We haven't picked up on them yet, but I live in hope!!! :D

Why give a kid a miserable little slice, when she could have a whole one to herself, just for one day of her little life?! 

Every FJer should follow the Lord's leading for their own family, of course, but with my particular gift of prophesy, I feel led to share this word with you, @formergothardite.

And take with thee ten loaves, and cakes, and a cruse of honey, and go to him: he will tell thee what shall become of the child. 1 Kings 14:3

The plural cakes clearly suggests that it is the Lord's intention for there to be one smash cake and one family-sized cake for sgaring.

35 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I don't think it's a new thing. My mom had a separate smash cake for my baby brother's first birthday. He turned 30 last year. Personally I don't care for pictures of babies covered in food of any sort, but I know some people find them inexplicably adorable, and I think first birthday parties are mostly about the parents and what they want.

14 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

Noooooo! We haven't picked up on them yet, but I live in hope!!! :D

Why give a kid a miserable little slice, when she could have a whole one to herself, just for one day of her little life?! 

Every FJer should follow the Lord's leading for their own family, of course, but with my particular gift of prophesy, I feel led to share this word with you, @formergothardite.

And take with thee ten loaves, and cakes, and a cruse of honey, and go to him: he will tell thee what shall become of the child. 1 Kings 14:3

As someone with the gift of mercy, I prayed and prayed and prayed some more and the Lord has placed it upon my heart to remind you that basically baking a cake to toss in the garbage is not being a wise steward of God's money and resources.

God also wanted me to tell you that you probably should read a bit more about that verse cause shit went really bad after they tried to trick God's prophet with some cakes. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

Alyssa just posted this from Allie's birthday:
12677221_1007557442644661_115697271_n.jp

Barf.  I'm sorry, but barf!

John seems like a good dad from the few things that I see. Like he actually changes diapers and watches her or something amazing like that. 

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

God also wanted me to tell you that you probably should read a bit more about that verse cause shit went really bad after they tried to trick God's prophet with some cakes. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

It's a good job my Gift of the Day is irrefutability. 8-) Humility is way over-rated.

6 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

It's a good job my Gift of the Day is irrefutability. 8-) Humility is way over-rated.

My gift is not spraying the laptop screen with water after reading this conversation.

You guys can bask in the glow of how awesome and humble I am now. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I think we can rule out Alyssa being pregnant again, from those photos. 

Also, Alyssa's really got the politician's wife look down pat. I wonder if John wants to go into politics in a few years. Does he have a college degree?

No-- Based on their wedding annoucement, John seems to have gone straight from School of the Dining Room Table into the family HVAC business.  His father, on the other hand, has a degree from Georgia Tech.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My gift is not spraying the laptop screen with water after reading this conversation.

You guys can bask in the glow of how awesome and humble I am now. :pb_lol:

The Lord encouraged me to confess my iniquity via a discrete and time-limited status update.  Isaiah 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone

The birthday pictures are very cute. Allie with her birthday hat and all of that icing on her face and hands. "So, um, what do I do now, mom?"

45 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

Personally I don't care for pictures of babies covered in food of any sort,

44 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

the Lord has placed it upon my heart to remind you that basically baking a cake to toss in the garbage is not being a wise steward of God's money and resources.

I had forgotten that you people do that

I was imagining a time of Godly encouragement and gentle exhortation to the infant, as dramatised in the KJV skirts-only version of the Christian film Matilda.

1 Cor 10:31   Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

It seems all the family went to Florida to be at the birthday(Michaela shared some pictures in instagram), they are lucky to have all that realityshow money with all the travelling they do.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Ha, I tried the smash cake thing with my twins. My husband made two small themed cakes (Dr Seuss) and we set them in front of our kids. They had NO Idea what to do and had no interest. They were 2.5 months early so basically 9.5 months old on their first birthday and didn't even like the taste of frosting we gave them. So we ditched the smash cakes and all the adults enjoyed the crazy chocolate cake my husband had also made.

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Facts. Who has the time to bake a whole cake and then have a baby ruin it. I would just cut a small slice so the rest of the guests can actually enjoy the cake.

My sister gave each of my nieces a cupcake to have at on their 1st birthdays.

It seems no first birthday is complete without the kid smashing cake.

1 hour ago, blessalessi said:

Every FJer should follow the Lord's leading for their own family, of course, but with my particular gift of prophesy

You must be a false prophet because gluttony is not acceptable:

He who keeps the law is a discerning son, But he who is a companion of gluttons humiliates his father. Proverbs 28:7

Do you know what the bible says about false prophets?

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. Deuteronomy 18:20

I hope the tutu on the high chair is because the birthday was filmed and that isn't going to be Alyssa's standard type birthday.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived