IGNORED

Donald Trump - Merged

AmazonGrace

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that! Most hilarious fake-doctor note ever - it's like something Homer would write about himself in the Simpsons!!!

:giggle:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watch the Republican debate last night? There were times when it felt just like an SNL show. Hilarious but distressing.

The CNN moderators lost control several times; there was a classic moment where Trump, Rubio and Cruz were all talking at once, each trying to out shout the other.

It was striking how much the strident and truly ugly Sen. Red Cruz was channeling Sen. Joe McCarthy ("commie hater" and blacklister from the 50s)

Poor Ben Carson pleading "Could someone please attack me?" In order to get a minute of time.

On 25.2.2016 at 7:34 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

To me, the real problem is that many working class white voters see racism as a zero sum game. Either non-whites gain at the expense of whites or whites gain at the expense of non-whites. Everyone's boat can't rise at once. Thus, candidates and politicians have to appeal either to whites or to non-whites, but not to both. Frankly, there are many whites who don't want to invest in an America in which they will be a minority. Thus, they support policies that keep minority communities in ingrained States of dysfunction, because they feel it is their right to do so, as America exists for them and only them. Donald Trump is using overt white nationalist language and getting away with it, which speaks volumes about the state of our country. 

That surely is a huge problem, but I think that is more an effect than a cause. The roots of the problem are in the government system itself.

And of course politicians will try to pit people against each other, that is one of the basic principles of campaigning.

Newest example of how egocentric most politicians (who get way too much power over the lives of people) are: Christie is now supporting Trump. And you can't tell me that he is doing that because he honestly believes that Trump would be the best option for your country. I wonder what's in it for him?

15 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

That surely is a huge problem, but I think that is more an effect than a cause. The roots of the problem are in the government system itself.

And of course politicians will try to pit people against each other, that is one of the basic principles of campaigning.

Newest example of how egocentric most politicians (who get way too much power over the lives of people) are: Christie is now supporting Trump. And you can't tell me that he is doing that because he honestly believes that Trump would be the best option for your country. I wonder what's in it for him?

VP nom perhaps?

The GOP has lost all control. Seriously. We are seeing the Republican Party implode right before our very eyes. Lindsey Graham said today that Hillary will probably be the next President because the party is bat shit crazy. 

Christie's endorsement could be due to a number of things. I personally think the timing was to deflect the shit show of last night's debate and to try and put out the fire Rubio is starting with Trump. I also think Christie was promised a spot as Attorney General or VP. A VP spot would give him a better chance for running in the future. I know Christie truly dislikes Rubio and Cruz, but he basically has thrown out his own policies and opinions he ran on to back Trump.  

Such a freaky day in politics. I am sure Cruz is fuming since he is being ignored and off the radar today. 

Can I get an AMEN from heretics here? (And, FWIW, I've declared as Republican since 1976, wherever I HAD to claim a party to vote in primaries.)

Little Donnie Trump is a blustering lying blowhard, a hypocrite of the highest order, and has absolutely NO comprehension about separation of powers or the limits of Presidential power. In 40+ years, have NEVER followed election news so closely--but I am really fearing for my poor nation if that Blithering Idiot gets elected--and may all the deities protect and shield America if that evil happens, because that damned fool is appealing to Boobus Americanus.

Pro-torture " 'cause they deserve it!", while mocking McCain (OK, I don't LIKE McCain, but I respect the combat vet who was wounded and survived torture)? Fail. Someone who has no concept of what the blessed First Amendment protects?--FAIL  Some damned nitwit who wants a Wall (which we can name after him, hooray!) when we've got bridges in serious need of repair? Fail. 

Where the heck is the "I CAN'T EVEN" icon?

9 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

Can I get an AMEN from heretics here? (And, FWIW, I've declared as Republican since 1976, wherever I HAD to claim a party to vote in primaries.)

Little Donnie Trump is a blustering lying blowhard, a hypocrite of the highest order, and has absolutely NO comprehension about separation of powers or the limits of Presidential power. In 40+ years, have NEVER followed election news so closely--but I am really fearing for my poor nation if that Blithering Idiot gets elected--and may all the deities protect and shield America if that evil happens, because that damned fool is appealing to Boobus Americanus.

Pro-torture " 'cause they deserve it!", while mocking McCain (OK, I don't LIKE McCain, but I respect the combat vet who was wounded and survived torture)? Fail. Someone who has no concept of what the blessed First Amendment protects?--FAIL  Some damned nitwit who wants a Wall (which we can name after him, hooray!) when we've got bridges in serious need of repair? Fail. 

Where the heck is the "I CAN'T EVEN" icon?

I have dipshit relatives preaching Trump all over Facebook (I'm not even friends with them, but they spam my aunt's wall with it then her and my mother's idiot cousin shares it all and I end up seeing it...UGH--the chain of stupid). One of their talking points is that he will "protect the Constitution" by which they mean the Second Amendment. And I want to say to them, forget about the Second, he is going to attempt to destroy the First Amendment and that is the one that really matters to the freedom they claim they value. 

The way he talks of trampling on the First Amendment terrifies me. More than any other part of his rhetoric. 

The Great Law of the USA has survived demagogues and dictators who would overrule it (Tricky DIck NIxon, I am looking at you!). Nonetheless, I must pray in desperation for my nation, that we are spared the horror of tyranny.

The Second Amendment is a Very Big Deal---but so is the First Amendment and the other nine amendments that make up our Bill of Rights. Torture is OK?--not in MY holy book. Freedom of speech, even if offensive: you HAVE state libel laws---but mind you, truth is a complete defense.

My grade-school teacher for social studies HAS GOT to be spinning in his grave like an express-wagon axle to see this insanity we face here.

Everybody, ANYBODY, no matter what native land you claim: can you spare prayers, good thoughts, hopes for the USA, so we will not be led by madness?

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God!"

Just read an article about Trump and here is a roughly translated quote from it:
"Sometimes one asks, if all that still has to do with politics, but then one thinks: Well, we are in the US."

I can only repeat what I wrote: It is a huge real life comedy show for us* across the pond.

*Me and everyone I talk with.I can't speak for everyone here. 

It's a scary as hell show. Hell, even 3 or 4 months ago, would we have believed this complete asshole would have achieved this much traction? That he is looking, in all probability, like the next Republican candidate for President? I can't even.........

*huddles next to sawsadee and begs for good strong tea, or even a nice STIFF whiskey, even though supposed to be all temperance*

What terrifies me so is that he's pulling so much in the polls---and in state elections, even more so! Dear Blessed Eternal, have so many people forgotten to learn about our dear Constitution and our protections?

Honestly, I ask all folk, in your good will, from all lands, to pray honestly for my nation. What I see frightens me beyond belief---and that's as a native-born white Protestant (i.e., WAY privileged class).  Born in the USA of American-born parents, who came from naturalized citizens---but I have NEVER been so afraid for my land, and for our blessed freedoms, as what I see in the horror that is Donnie Trump.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:20 AM, roddma said:

Ugh my neighbor put a Trump sign in their yard. I can't believe DH is thinking about him either. Im not gonna divorce him or anything but dang

My father in law's got one in his yard now. I don't know how he got it, he's over 80 and can't drive anywhere anymore, so has to depend on family to take him places. I can't wait to find out who was responsible for this.:my_dodgy: 

I try to imagine what would happen if people here put signs in the front yard of the parties/people they support. We have official signs from the different parties in the weeks before a election (and it is illegal to destroy them) but I haven't seen a private person but something up. Actually there is a federal election coming up and directly in front of our house is a official sign from a right wing party. I could barf every time when I see it. 

Do you get those signs for free or do you have to buy them? Do supermarkets sell them? Haha, I have no idea how that works. 

36 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

I try to imagine what would happen if people here put signs in the front yard of the parties/people they support. We have official signs from the different parties in the weeks before a election (and it is illegal to destroy them) but I haven't seen a private person but something up. Actually there is a federal election coming up and directly in front of our house is a official sign from a right wing party. I could barf every time when I see it. 

Do you get those signs for free or do you have to buy them? Do supermarkets sell them? Haha, I have no idea how that works. 

You typically just request one on the politician's website and enter your address. A volunteer will come out for free and put it up. They want to make it as easy as possible for you to have one and display it. Occasionally in areas that are very clearly in support of one candidate, a volunteer will sometimes go door to door with signs asking homeowners' permission to put one in their yards.

Also, I think Chris Christie is endorsing Trump because he wants the role of Attorney General. Christie as Trump's VP is just too much East Coast, loud mouth, "You Talkin' to Me?" swagger for the world to take on one ticket.

And I lost any shred of respect I had for Christie with that endorsement. He knows Trump is insane. He just is so grasping for some bigger role (rather than to, I don't know, go to his home state and be the governor he was elected to be) that he'll not only let the world burn but help it along.

Trump is a huge embarrassment, but also very revealing. He's bringing out the crazies and exposing them. I would rather have Bernie or Hillary than Trump.

If I were to find out that any of my real-life friends were Trump supporters, I honestly think it would be deal-breaker for me. It would mean that they embraced idea thats were absolutely abhorrent to me and that's something I'd have a hard time accepting.  Trump used to be kind of amusing, but now that he's on the brink of being the nominee, there's nothing even remotely funny about it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Not that the rest of the Republican field is anything to crow about but Trump is truly in a category by himself.

And of course The Huckster doesn't think Der Trumpenführer is racist...

thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271125-huckabee-i-dont-know-of-anything-that-indicates-trumps

Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) on Monday said that white nationalist David Duke’s support of Donald Trump does not make the GOP presidential front-runner racist.

“I’ve read some of the things he said and it looks to me that he totally disavowed the endorsement,” he told Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe."

“Does anybody think Donald Trump is a racist?” Huckabee asked. "I don’t. I mean, I really don’t. I don’t know of anything in his life that indicates that this man has racist tendencies.”

Trump has come under fire from his rivals for the GOP presidential nomination and a host of other Republicans for not disavowing Duke's endorsement during a CNN interview on Sunday. Trump distanced himself from Duke at a Friday news conference, but did not do so on Sunday. 

If anyone doesn't think Trump is racist, I have one of these for sale.  Cash or paypal. 

JDBridge.jpg

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And of course The Huckster doesn't think Der Trumpenführer is racist...

Love that. Racist Trumpet that he is.

OMG we just watched that tonight. And, Der Trumpenführer is brilliant. I wish everyone could see how insufferably bad he is. It really boils my blood that they don't. 

Glad to know the Drumpf extension works!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived