IGNORED

Donald Trump - Merged

AmazonGrace

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I have a cringe just stuck on my face. The Young Turks have a point though, he did steal the news cycle with this story. His tactics are disturbing, but what's more disturbing is that they're working. 

God, other countries have to be looking at America like :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):... again 

I think he was playing chicken with Fox News, and was confident they would remove Megyn rather than have him miss the debate*. If he can't even read that situation right, I  don't give him much chance in the real world of diplomatic relations.

* I hate having to approve of something done by Fox News.......

3 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

<snip>

God, other countries have to be looking at America like :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):... again 

Some of us are looking at America, and the many sensible, intelligent  Americans, with great sympathy. If you are a Republican, who the heck do you vote for in the primary?  Fundamentalism, in one form or another, seems to be running rampant, Trump is a nutcase, and Bush has turned out to be a nonentity.

It reminds me of when Blair was PM in the UK, and I found myself looking back at Tory PM Ted Heath as more radical.....then the question  was who can I vote for as a Labour Party member.

In all honesty, every time I see this video it reminds me of this song except they seem to miss the point that it is WTF horror snark...

Not defending Trump, but I can't stand Megyn since her Duggar interview and that she constantly has Tony Perkins on her show.

Fox is smart to keep her because controversy makes good ratings. FoxNews is in between HGTV and Bravo so I'll admit when I flip by if I see Megyn and Tony I'll stop for a minute to see what crazy stuff he is preaching and she is agreeing with. A few years ago I would never have stopped to watch for a few minutes.

The debates need an overhaul. Our high school debate coach could do a better job of keeping the candidates within their allotted time and regular people could ask more relevant questions with passion for the subject. I know plenty of  teachers that are struggling do to their health deductibles going from $1k to $7500k this year or the monthly fear that the government will be shutting down our electricity co-op which would lead to 1,000 of people lose their homes.

I don't think it would be an entirely bad thing if Donald Trump got the nomination.

Because, barring any scandals/sudden economic slumps/repeats of 9-11, it could lead to record minority(especially Latino)/female voter turnout, and thus, him getting absolutely slaughtered in the polls. I couldn't necessarily predict the same thing with Cruz or Rubio.

That said, I do have to wonder if he's basically trolling the Republican establishment. I mean, he's basically catering to their base without coating what he says in nice-sounding rhetoric about "making America great again" or "family values."

This morning I heard that Trump said something about how Fox wouldn't make money off the debates without him (paraphrase of something I was half listening to, so feel free to correct me or link). What gets me is the fact that the debates are being held to make money. 

We need to return the debates to being run by a non-partisan organization. 

http://www.npr.org/2004/09/29/4052162/connie-rice-top-10-secrets-they-dont-want-you-to-know-about-the-debates

28 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

This morning I heard that Trump said something about how Fox wouldn't make money off the debates without him (paraphrase of something I was half listening to, so feel free to correct me or link). What gets me is the fact that the debates are being held to make money. 

We need to return the debates to being run by a non-partisan organization. 

http://www.npr.org/2004/09/29/4052162/connie-rice-top-10-secrets-they-dont-want-you-to-know-about-the-debates

I heard that without Trump the ad rates drop by more then 50%. Trump and his antics have made fox lots of money off of ads. Weren't debates on PBS years ago? or they were shorter and commercial free if they were on regular networks. With debates on FoxNews and CNN how many people do not even get to watch. I would think the people struggling the most that want change in policies , aren't able to pay for cable or a dish right now

That video was flat out terrifying. They cannot possibly comprehend what they are singing. Children should not be used as political props. Full stop. 

I have noticed that with many of people I know that are supporting Trump, they love to preach about family values to everyone that will listen to them but seem to have thrown out their family values love when it comes to Donald. Now we have Falwell Jr. throwing love at Trump. Donald Trump is everything they say that hate, but it proves how much they may have in common with Trump's values. Basically, do as we say, not as we do. 

I swear, seeing Cruz at a rally wanting to have a one on one throw down with Trump looks more like WWE. Maybe they can wrestle for a huge belt. I mean, basically the whole Republican side of this situation appears to be a three ring circus so it could happen. 

What a mess. Watching this all go down just proves that the GOP is a wreck and severely fractured. It is only going to get worse. 

I hate Faux News with a white-hot hate. And I have never been a Megyn fan.

But this episode is very telling in that it shows that a woman will be disrespected for the same things a man gets a way with. I hope women voters realize the implications involved.

Disgusting.

I can't imagine that Trump will skip the debate. The thought of not being the center of attention is probably just eating away at him. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't decide two show up at the last minute and make yet another ridiculous excuse that yeah, he said he wasn't going to show but we heard it wrong. Because HE'S never wrong, it's always us…

Gah! I wish he'd be swallowed up by a sinkhole. And Cruz can follow…

What an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

I can't imagine that Trump will skip the debate. The thought of not being the center of attention is probably just eating away at him. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't decide two show up at the last minute and make yet another ridiculous excuse that yeah, he said he wasn't going to show but we heard it wrong. Because HE'S never wrong, it's always us…

Gah! I wish he'd be swallowed up by a sinkhole. And Cruz can follow…

What an embarrassment.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but in a way he still so the center of attention because the focus is now on him and not the debate.

I thought my fellow FJers would appreciate this: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/millions-resent-being-put-in-horrible-position-of-siding-with-megyn-kelly

Andy Borowitz is too good at his job. All of his satire seems too real lately.

I love Andy Borowitz but, yeah, the line between satire and real life is very blurry these days. 

This is an embarrassment. Will he refuse to go to conferences, refuse to sign a popular bill, or enter into treaty negotiations because someone doesn't kiss his ass? He needs to grow up. 

Politics is a brilliant game that requires brilliant players. Trump just doesn't belong and so he's in the corner having a tantrum threatening to take his toys and taking them home if nobody will play by his rules. And then he just doubles down on the hate to get the base riled up. 

14 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

refuse to sign a popular bill

Have you met Maine's governor, Paul LePage?

I swear, he's like the poor man's Trump.  If people don't take LePage as the canary in the mine . . . . . 

Please excuse my swearing and all together  weirdness, but I am soooooo angry, and I ended up jumping up out of my seat to throw punches in the air after I watched an interview with a Trump supporter. 

Holy hell fire and fuck nuts! The guy said....  is everyone sitting down?.... that he supports Trump because as a white Christian male, he was sick of facing discrimination and having a current president that only cares about "the blacks." What the everloving shit?!? We all knew that was what many where thinking, but to go on record as that big of a dumbass? My heavens, if someone is stupid enough to say those words if front of me.... so help me....

I'm wondering why DonnieBoy is willing to consider doing anything for veterans.  After all, there's probably a couple that were POWs, and he likes people who weren't captured.

Although I am TOTES sure that his experience in a RichBoysMilitarySchool gives him major credibility against common folk who, like, actually risked their lives and well-being in combat zones. (Lt.Colonel Tammy Duckworth, raising a glass in your honor. Second toast to John McCain.)

A couple interesting links, for Inquiring Minds Who Want to Know: 

http://newsexaminer.net/politics/donald-trump-the-least-charitable-billionaire/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/20/what-donald-trump-was-up-to-while-john-mccain-was-suffering-as-a-prisoner-of-war/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/for-years-trumps-charity-gave-veterans-little-more-than-peanuts/article/2000776

This is a Very Rich Manhattanite who threw down a whole $1000 USD, five years after 9/11, to a marginalized Scientology group that was "helping" firefighters. (OK: full disclosure: with the tremendous public response after 9/11, I can sorta-see Major Financial Players waiting to throw money in the pot, to see if there were gaps that needed filling. Neither Trump, nor his foundation, really stepped up to the plate after that, IMNSHO.)

(Weekly Standard link) >>As Emily Canal of Forbes reported in October: "The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit's 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump's foundation gave to in that time period."<<

Excuse me, puuuhleese: $57K USD will probably rehab ONE house for handicapped-access, and provide replacement prosthetics for maybe two people for 10 years. 

On 1/27/2016 at 8:18 AM, sawasdee said:

Some of us are looking at America, and the many sensible, intelligent  Americans, with great sympathy. If you are a Republican, who the heck do you vote for in the primary?  Fundamentalism, in one form or another, seems to be running rampant, Trump is a nutcase, and Bush has turned out to be a nonentity.

It reminds me of when Blair was PM in the UK, and I found myself looking back at Tory PM Ted Heath as more radical.....then the question  was who can I vote for as a Labour Party member.

Thank you so much sawasdee, for saying that. Honestly I feel like going around to the entire world, apologizing. I feel guilty paying attention to him. But he's kind of like when you find an exceptionally creepy bug in your bathtub or something. One part of you just wants to get it outside as fast as you can and out of your house. The other part just keeps looking at it, thinking "What in the hell is that thing.....

On 1/27/2016 at 11:18 AM, sawasdee said:

I've identified as Republican since old enough to vote in federal elections (circa 1976). (N.B. to non-US readers: sometimes you HAVE to declare a party preference before you can vote in a primary (candidate-choosing) election. Grrrr.) 

Someday, somehow, somewhere, we are going to find a couple of sensible Republican candidates who are pro-choice, who realize that laws are wayyyyy dynamic (i.e., the U.S. Constitution isn't graven in stone Forever and Evar!), and who can actually look beyond party lines. 

"Who do we vote for in primaries?" My household's choice, alas, is "pick the best of a bad litter in the primaries".  Under normal circumstances, a politician who works/votes AGAINST abortion-on-demand is going to be downvoted. We're holding our noses and gagging at supporting Kasich, who is totally against women's rights and choices...but he's the least horrible Republican around.

But come the November elections to choose a president...barring a miracle, here's two votes from serious Republicans for Hilary Clinton. 

Non-US posters: can we here in the USA possibly hold our heads high if Donnie Trump manages to win?

2 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

<snip>

Non-US posters: can we here in the USA possibly hold our heads high if Donnie Trump manages to win?

I can't even ....:pb_surprised:

My only hope is that if Trump will win, he won't turn out as crazy as he acts now. This guy is a lot of things, but he isn't completely stupid, and I somehow still hope that some of his statements are more for show and polls than his real opinion. I see him as an opportunist rather than a true fanatic.

This is an interesting article about Trump: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/13/imagine-if-donald-trump-ran-as-a-democrat-its-not-too-hard-to-do/

Yes, the interesting thing is that Trump used to be quite pro-choice, and openly said that the Republican party was supported by stupid people.

Which makes me almost want to believe that he's a deep cover liberal.

But whether or not he is, I don't want a rape apologist in the White House. Or someone who'd openly say "i'd bang my daughter if she wasn't related to me"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived