IGNORED

Donald Trump - Merged

AmazonGrace

As a Muslim, I find Trump terrifying because he's stirring up the hate and seems to like it and nobody is trying to stop it. Whether he quits or not, a Pandora's box has been opened.  Mosques I have gone to have been vandalized, one has been targeted at least 3 times. My husband is called a terrorist or ISIS terrorist on a regular basis both while driving and walking, once while we were walking in a crowd at a Ren Fest of all places. We've been followed around in stores by men staring us down (no, not loss prevention people.) 

I'm a convert and have even had family members call me a brain washed terrorist on Facebook. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Imagine20

I'm so sorry you and your husband have been treated like this.  I can't even imagine what it's like.  I'm so tired of these assholes picking on innocent people.  Whether it's Trump bullying Muslims and immigrants, or just about any Republican demonizing the poor and taking rights away from women, I'm so sick of it.  They're just a bunch of bullies, but they're bullies with power and it's terrifying.  

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

As a Muslim, I find Trump terrifying because he's stirring up the hate and seems to like it and nobody is trying to stop it. Whether he quits or not, a Pandora's box has been opened.

@Imagine20, there are millions of us that will continue to fight this hate. We will challenge the fear-mongers, inform the uninformed, and use our vote to derail this movement of hate. Yes, unfortunately, the box was opened, we simply can't do enough to shut it. 

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

Mosques I have gone to have been vandalized, one has been targeted at least 3 times. My husband is called a terrorist or ISIS terrorist on a regular basis both while driving and walking,

I'm so sorry you've become a victim of these violent acts of hate. I believe I've read a few of your postings addressing your experiences. @Imagine20, my heart truley does go out to you, and your family. As I mentioned above, many of us are working at a grassroots level to stop this insanity. Take care, and my thoughts are with you.

Stephen King said it well.

“Donald Trump is a carnival man, an entertainer, a buffoon. His fans are white, scared, and angry. He will never be elected, not so long as minorities, liberals, and educated people vote, but he has certainly exposed the ugly underbelly of conservatives in America today.”

— Stephen King

Even though it's scary for us, I hope it makes those who disagree with this culture of hatred and fear (of immigrants, African Americans, Muslims, etc) take notice and speak out like some of you have not only at rallies but online, one-on-one with these exclusionary policy supporters, and most importantly at the polls. 

This just in (via gawker)

Jerry Falwell, Jr., president of Liberty University and son of professional television charlatan Jerry Falwell, just officially endorsed man-who-has-definitely-read-the-Bible Donald Trump for President of the United States. Both Corinthians would be proud.

Seriously, does everyone apart from his parents hate Ted Cruz? Because either he or Huckabee should have been the fundies' candidate of choice.

Well Ted has gotten love from Glen Beck, Dana Loesch, Phil Robertson and Rick Perry.

Sounds like the worst dinner party ever!

I just really wonder what his kids think of all this, Ivanka at least SEEMs like a nice person and rational....how do you rationalize her dad?? (and she's Jewish now too...)

If he shoot a black,mexican,or Muslim he'll be held a hero. One less thug,illegal,and terrorist off the street. White privilege at its finest. 

So....Donald Trump played chicken with Fox News. See, he can't stand Megyn Kelly, so he basically told the head of Fox News either she is replaced as a moderator or he will not do the debate. They chose Kelly....and Trump walked. Wonder what this will do for/against him? She's not my favorite either, but geez...way to throw a tantrum! And this guy is supposed to be presidential material?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/26/fox-news-head-ill-let-donald-trump-walk-before-replacing-megyn-kelly-as-debate-moderator/

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

I just really wonder what his kids think of all this, Ivanka at least SEEMs like a nice person and rational....how do you rationalize her dad?? (and she's Jewish now too...)

Sometimes I think Trump is all talk.  Horrible, hateful talk to be sure, but I wonder how much of what he says is actually what he believes.  I'm not sure what's worse, if he actually believes what he's saying or if he's just saying it for attention and because he wants to play President.  Either way he's disgusting.  And it's scary because his supporters are nuts and are being inspired to attack and vandalize.  I guess what I'm trying to say (badly) is that I'm still not sure this whole Trump thing isn't a way to force people to vote for Cruz or Rubio.  Both of whom want to take away rights from women and let the poor die in the streets, among other things.  I don't know, but they are all terrible choices and one of them has to be the republican nominee.  How did we get to this point as a country?

The statement from his campaign is a real piece of work.... Refers to the "very stupid" people running our country, etc. Starts out by detailing all the great things Trump has done...all the iconic buildings and of course his best selling book.

I am so done with this guy.

Trump, yet again, acts like a complete ahole and his supporters praise him for it. How in the hell can Trump be an adequate leader and protect the citizens of the U.S. when he acts like a toddler on meltdown mode when it comes to the oh so scary Megyn Kelly?

Trump is making me side with Megyn Kelly and that alone makes me feel stabby.

Adorable!

Kids dressed up in little outfits being used for a political purpose reciting things they don't understand. Reminds me of someone..Just can't put my finger one who..

images (1).jpg

3 hours ago, AbandonAllHope said:

Sometimes I think Trump is all talk.  Horrible, hateful talk to be sure, but I wonder how much of what he says is actually what he believes.  I'm not sure what's worse, if he actually believes what he's saying or if he's just saying it for attention and because he wants to play President.  Either way he's disgusting.  And it's scary because his supporters are nuts and are being inspired to attack and vandalize.  I guess what I'm trying to say (badly) is that I'm still not sure this whole Trump thing isn't a way to force people to vote for Cruz or Rubio.  Both of whom want to take away rights from women and let the poor die in the streets, among other things.  I don't know, but they are all terrible choices and one of them has to be the republican nominee.  How did we get to this point as a country?

When you start to see Jeb Bush as the sane and sensible option, you know there's a problem....

Love that we're supposed to take him seriously as a presidential candidate when he throw a tantrum because he doesn't get his way.  Leader of the free world material ladies and gentlemen!

In all seriousness.  The GOP field scares the shit out of me.  This election worries me.  And as a Florida resident, I'm super not enthused about the coming onslaught of political commercials.

What the actual fuck was that?  I don't know what's scarier?  Those little girls who are doing what they're told by their parents, or all the morons in that video that think Trump is the best thing ever and want to vote for him.

I think the smiling, approving adults in the back ground are the scariest thing! 

Please, somebody tell me that this CANNOT happen... the same country that elected Obama can't possible elect... sometimes I wake up at night.... 

What's even scarier is to read comments....crazy what his supporters are saying...mean mean Megyn for singling out "their" candidate...when all I think she asked him was if women liked him...or something like that. Regardless of my dislike of Megyn...definite one question does not "singling him out" make. Now I'm stabby for supporting Megyn. 

His supporters don't get that this tantrum looks bad to normal people. How in the world can he be expected to be a cool cucumber with Isis and Putin if he can't let a tv reporter roll off his back? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived