IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

53 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

more likely, she IS making them for the older girls and doesn't want to admit it. i mean karen is going to be 18 this year right? it's one thing to post detailed schedules for your pre-teens, and another to post them for your (nearly) legal adult child. 

i really hope one of her fans asks her when the girls are allowed to start making their own schedules. although it'll probably be deleted. 

Yep. I mean, Erika schedules herself so she definitely will expect her graduates to keep a schedule as well. I really doubt she would let them have much input in the schedule beyond a few minor choices ("do you want to practice your cello, or work on your art from 9:30-10:00AM? Those are your two choices."). If someone asked, she'd probably mention that her daughters are still under the guidance of their parents since they are unmarried. I just wonder when/if Erika is going to introduce Karen to eligible boys. While Erika certainly has her faults, I think she is definitely more interested in having her kids socialize with others compared to, say, the Maxwells. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They get to socialize plenty on Sundays. The rest of the week they belong to Erika.

19 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

While Erika certainly has her faults, I think she is definitely more interested in having her kids socialize with others compared to, say, the Maxwells. 

And her husband works!  A real novelty.

I have a soft spot for Erika , with her micromanaging OCD lifestyle. Not a large spot, but a spot.

Are the Shupes ATI?  I'm just wondering now that their girls are starting to come of age if they'll go to Big Sandy and hope to find courting partners for the girls (or push herself into fame-- ie promise Karen to a Duggar boy).

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Are the Shupes ATI?  I'm just wondering now that their girls are starting to come of age if they'll go to Big Sandy and hope to find courting partners for the girls (or push herself into fame-- ie promise Karen to a Duggar boy).

You know, I have no idea if they are ATI. I know she is a big fan of the Duggars, though.

2 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Nope. Not ATI

In answer to earlier questions, I think Erika said somewhere that she expects that her kids will be scheduling themselves once they're 18, i.e. out of school. My guess is that Karen will take over the homeschooling supervision. She already helps a bit, e.g. with stuff like cracker math, but I reckon she'll take over a lot more. Currently, Erika mainly supervises kids (especially the youngest four) and does stuff like reading etc, and 'facilitating' playtimes. If Karen takes over homeschooling supervision, Erika will have more 'free' time. Who knows what she'll do with it...

Erika with more free time? She'll probably try and start a fantasy scheduling league or some awful thing.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of Erika presiding over a Fantasy Scheduling League had me cackling of my keyboard.  She'd be in hog heaven.  

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, Jingerbread said:

They probably stopped going since Erika knows better than anyone else ever, ever could.

Erika and Lori Alexander could be the unstoppable force and the immovable object.

5 hours ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

And her husband works!  A real novelty.

I have a soft spot for Erika , with her micromanaging OCD lifestyle. Not a large spot, but a spot.

I have a spot for Erika, too, but it's a black spot in my toilet.  Pardon me while I go "take care" of said spot...

I didn't know Erika was investigated by CPS. Interesting.

As far as the schedules go, I think it does give away too much information about how little they homeschool. But I'm sure she is still doing it. I bet she is chomping at the bit to get Karen finished with school so she can be a full time helper, with maybe 1 hour of personal time to herself, provided she wakes up before 5 am like Erika. 

9 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

ie promise Karen to a Duggar boy).

I don't think that would happen - the TV crew would have some measure of control over the proceedings and we all know that Erika is the only one who can control schedules, locations, food and bathroom times. 

1 hour ago, Foudeb said:

I don't think that would happen - the TV crew would have some measure of control over the proceedings and we all know that Erika is the only one who can control schedules, locations, food and bathroom times. 

Ooh God, pitching Michelle and Boob against Erika...  *grabs popcorn for hypothetical situation*

I'm just imagining the future blog posts about how a LARGE family plans their daughter's wedding ON PURPOSE! First a stop at Value Village for wedding clothes! Instead of a typical reception, it's back to the Shupes' 11,000 square foot home to make fruit loop necklaces and fellowship. *smile* *wink* If guests are lucky, Erika will give a demonstration of how one should clean out their linen closet. *blessed*

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm just imagining the future blog posts about how a LARGE family plans their daughter's wedding ON PURPOSE! First a stop at Value Village for wedding clothes! Instead of a typical reception, it's back to the Shupes' 11,000 square foot home to make fruit loop necklaces and fellowship. *smile* *wink* If guests are lucky, Erika will give a demonstration of how one should clean out their linen closet. *blessed*

11,000 square feet? Erika would be dying. So much to clean. 

Imagine Sierra trying to help plan the reception. Erika would have everything scheduled precisely and Sierra's eyes would pop out of her head in disbelief. Maybe she would hand dip froot loops for Karen and JBoy to feed each other instead of cake. 

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

Can President of the Fantasy Scheduling League (or some such thing) be a user title, pretty please? @happy atheist

Should it be Presiding Infallible Empress of the Fantasy Scheduling League?  I mean, we need to show that this position is the most godly and correct of all the positions!  

ETA: Just noticed that Happy Atheist has already taken care of this is spectacularly perfect fashion!  

11 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I think Erika would give that up for her 15 minutes of fame.

2 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I think Erika would give that up for her 15 minutes of fame.

I think you're giving her more credit than she deserves. After all, the woman practically scheduled her own husband (I know she said she didn't, but I think we all know Bob keeps to the schedule Drill Sergeant Erika created).

Anna Marie's made golf clubs out of paper, as well as a bag with strap. Did she make little paper balls and play mini golf round the house? Inquiring minds want to know...

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Anna Marie's made golf clubs out of paper, as well as a bag with strap. Did she make little paper balls and play mini golf round the house? Inquiring minds want to know...

I don't really understand what the point of that was. What can one actually do with paper golf clubs besides take pictures?

49 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I don't really understand what the point of that was. What can one actually do with paper golf clubs besides take pictures?

Anna Marie can't do a whole lot of anything, so the whole point was making the golf setup, not actually using them.

8 hours ago, Granwych said:

Anna Marie can't do a whole lot of anything, so the whole point was making the golf setup, not actually using them.

You can play paper indoor golf. It wouldn't break anything. 

Also, did anyone notice that comment underneath from the person who thought it was a quiver of arrows? Given that this is a fundie family we're talking about, I'm kind of squicked by this. It COULD be a bow-and-arrow comment, but Anna Marie is a girl and we all know fundie girls aren't allowed to play with such manly toys.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived