IGNORED

Lockwood Blog Update

church_of_dog

Jaynee Lockwood has made a blog post: http://www.lockwoodfamilytomexico.com/2016/01/the-only-problem-with-them-coming-home.html

She talks about her two older sons being home for the holidays and now them getting ready to leave again, to go back to school.  In the photo she posts, it looks to me like the boy (is that Timothy?) is wearing a jacket with a McDonald's logo on it.  I suppose that means he has a job there?  I'm not overly familiar with the Lockwoods -- is this a big deal for him to have that much worldly interaction or is it consistent with their family's teachings?

Also, Jaynee made a previous blog post around New Year's, but it didn't have much content to it so I didn't think it was worth starting a thread for.

Not sure why these guys have tripped my curiosity meter.  I think it's because they landed not too far from me geographically when they returned from Mexico.  But other than being curious about whatever Daniel's "fall from grace" was about, I don't really know much about them.

Thanks for posting.  I think many of us assume Daniel's fall was related to inappropriate physical conduct....aka sex with a local....but Jaynee stuck with him even though they were kicked out of Mexico.

Thanks for the update. 

I've always been curious about this family as Jaynee was always a frequent commenter on the Maxwell blog (although I don't think I've seen her name there recently).

I don't know if sending the older boys away to school, or having one of them work at McD's is a change in philosophy for them.

I guess since I don't see her commenting on the Maxwell blog I was kind of hoping they lightened up a little bit, and maybe those things are part of that?

Do we know what Daniel is doing to support the family?

Jaynee seems like a very broken person to me. I just feel sad reading her blog. I get the impression that Daniel cheated on her, but she "did the right thing" and stood by him. 

Jaynee did undergrad and grad at  Shasta Bible College so at least understands the value of education at the higher levels.  Will see what happens when the girls get to college age. 

The oldest boy is at "Master's Baptist in Fargo, ND majoring in missions."  Not sure where the next oldest is going.  Yes, for sure the boys have to work for college tuition, if nothing else.  

Jaynee had half of her teeth pulled a few months ago and it sounded horrible and painful.  Things are more current on her fb. 

She is praying that this is the year that Jesus returns. 

While googling "Master's Baptist, ND", I came across something about Steve Anderson (yes, THAT Steve Anderson), who preached a sermon taking a Fargo preacher (Tony Scheving) to task over something or other.  Things got pretty heated in the comment section of the YouTube of Steve's sermon.  

If you dare:  youtube.com/watch?v=zz4JRSzT5uA

According to FB they had a washer but no dryer, so she would wash clothes and then take them down the road to dry them. When she had her teeth removed Daniel had to do this, suddenly buying a dryer was important. He reminds me a lot of John Shrader. 

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

The oldest boy is at "Master's Baptist in Fargo, ND majoring in missions."  Not sure where the next oldest is going.  Yes, for sure the boys have to work for college tuition, if nothing else. 

I believe the blog post mentioned Pensacola Christian College. Hmm. :sad:

She says on her FB page she had 13 upper teeth removed -- yikes!  That sounds just awful.  And now she has dentures.  She must have really been in a dire situation to do that. 

36 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

According to FB they had a washer but no dryer, so she would wash clothes and then take them down the road to dry them. When she had her teeth removed Daniel had to do this, suddenly buying a dryer was important. He reminds me a lot of John Shrader. 

They have so many people in their family. I bet she had to do that at least once a day. 

I'll be the terrible bat in this thread: I feel very limited compassion for Jaynee or her husband.

I hope, that whatever her husband did in Mexico, that they at least provided for the people they hurt and did what they could to correct the mistake before they left.  Those people went to some of the most vulnerable people in the world and basically "bought" converts.  They undermined the work of legitimate social institutions, counselled women to stay in abusive homes/relationships, and advocated that they stay pregnant instead of working to feed their families.  And how did they get Church members?  Because if people agreed to follow them they fed them, gave them clothes and shoes, and allowed them to get education.  They looked in the eyes of mothers with starving children and told them that they could help feed them...for the price of their souls.  That's more the work of the Devil than the work of Christ.  

If karma is real, then Miss Jaynee Lockwood has a lot more suffering coming her way.  And I don't blame her for looking to Jesus to get out of it.   Evil people can't do too much on their own without faithful lieutenants like Himmler, Yezhov, or Jaynee.  And it sure was terrible the way Stalin turned on Yezhov, but I can't feel bad for the man.  He very enthusiastically carried out some terrible orders.  He was not innocent.  Nor is Jaynee.   Jaynee told women for YEARS to live the hell she is living now, but what's more, she held the very wellbeing of their children over their heads as the price for not complying.  At least no one is honestly threatening Jaynee with her children's starvation if she leaves.  

I just hope there isn't a poor mother in Mexico with a half Lockwood baby who now has nowhere to go.  Because you know for a fact that worm Daniel Lockwood isn't doing the right thing.

When Jaynee posted the Jesus is coming soon post, I replied with the verse from Matthew 24:36 and she replied how wonderful it would be if he did come. I think she is very depressed and needs some non-Christian counseling. I am pretty sure that Dear Daniel wouldn't allow that. If she's waiting for the end of the world, she's not enjoying her life. 

This sentence from a couple of posts ago seems to confirm he cheated:

During the past 20 years there have been soooooo many "better" times. The Lord is so good and gracious and has daily poured out so many of his blessings upon us.
But, like in any marriage, there have been some "worse" times. A married couple walking in the Spirit together is beautiful! A married couple walking after the flesh...whether it's one or the other or both...isn't so beautiful!

Reading that, I thought "yep. He sure did cheat".

And I agree totally with the people upthread who said she seems sad and kind of broken. It's rather awful to read her blog, despite her protestations that staying with Daniel and God and blah, blah is all sooo good. 

It really makes me wonder when these put-upon, beaten down, fragile QF women are going to one day say "Enough!". Anna Duggar and Jaynee Lockwood are prime examples. They followed it all hook, liner and sinker. If you be submissive enough, they said. If you give your fertility over to the Lord they said. If you have a servant's heart, they said, every happiness will be yours. And that system and in particular their husbands, failed those women completely, and yet, they go back for more, because they are conditioned to believe they have no other options.

And their children watch, and hopefully learn, this is NOT how to live a life.

3 hours ago, SledCat said:

I believe the blog post mentioned Pensacola Christian College. Hmm. :sad:

For son #2?  I know the oldest boy started at Pensacola Christian College, but now Jaynees facebook sounds like he is at Master's Bible College in (I think) Fargo. The college is tuition free and charges minimally for the dormitory.  It also assumes that the student will work to cover expenses, mostly buying their own food.   From the college's web site:  

Master’s is under the direct authority of a Scriptural local church.  This provides consistency in leadership and a distinctly personal touch in teaching, similar to the model found in the New Testament. 

Master’s has unique hours of study.  One-week modular consecutive courses are held each weekday evening and Saturday mornings, enabling students to work regular day jobs.  

Master’s is unique because it is extremely practical.  Any fluff that won’t actually be used in ministry is excluded.  Students get just what they’ll need to equip them to effectively serve the Lord. 

Master's follows the New Testament model of training nationals (converts of the missionary) to pastor their own churches, rather than the missionary serving in the pastorate.  A unique "indigenous missions" program has been established to give potential/future missionaries and pastors "on-the-job training" in multiplying churches on the mission field.

Master’s is unique because of its minimal cost (tuition-free!).  Single students are housed in beautiful dormitory apartments with private kitchens and bathroom facilities for only $900 per year.  Students are able to provide their own meals according to their own dietary needs. 

@Georgiana I like Jaynee and feel sympathy for her but agree with your points at the same time.  I like Jaynee because she strikes me as a deeply spiritual woman stuck with a truly crappy religious theology.  There's something about her recently that seems a bit harder edged, maybe a bit less tender hearted, although I think she does truly love her husband (who doesn't deserve it) and her kids (who do). 

This whole loss of teeth, though....sad lack of dental care and poor nutrition due to having to put herself last behind 13 other people (doesn't she have 12 kids and husband?).  No person in this country should be losing half of their teeth at that age. I can't imagine that Daniel has health insurance for the family, but I hope for their sakes he does. 

27 minutes ago, Howl said:

For son #2?  I know the oldest boy started at Pensacola Christian College, but now Jaynees facebook sounds like he is at Master's Bible College in (I think) Fargo. The college is tuition free and charges minimally for the dormitory.  It also assumes that the student will work to cover expenses, mostly buying their own food.   From the college's web site:  

Yes, the blog post said:

Getting ready to say goodbye to Elijah as he heads back to Pensacola Christian in a couple weeks.

40 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Did she every say why she had to get so many teeth removed that sounds so painful. 

First:

I have a great deal of sympathy for Jaynee. I believe that she is a battered woman - possibly not physically beaten, but "battered" in every other way - mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially, even physically in the sense of worn out completely by the endless pregnancies. I agree with the person who said she sounds depressed, too.

Obviously, no inside information, but - For someone as young as she is to lose that many teeth, it likely it was -

- A large amount of decay following years of lacking professional dental care to repair/restore each issue, one at a time, to the point that to repair it all may have been inordinately expensive so a decision may have been made to take the cheaper (extractions and dentures) option, or

- Serious gum disease, or

- Both of these reasons. Pregnancy can take a very large toll on teeth and gums for many women. And I would be willing to bet that Husband Dear couldn't see making dental care a priority. 

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

.../snipped

- Both of these reasons. Pregnancy can take a very large toll on teeth and gums for many women. And I would be willing to bet that Husband Dear couldn't see making dental care a priority. 

Agree with all you said @apple1, but this in particular.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Husband Dear ever makes a priority is himself and his wants and needs.

15 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

This sentence from a couple of posts ago seems to confirm he cheated:

Reading that, I thought "yep. He sure did cheat".

And I agree totally with the people upthread who said she seems sad and kind of broken. It's rather awful to read her blog, despite her protestations that staying with Daniel and God and blah, blah is all sooo good. 

It really makes me wonder when these put-upon, beaten down, fragile QF women are going to one day say "Enough!". Anna Duggar and Jaynee Lockwood are prime examples. They followed it all hook, liner and sinker. If you be submissive enough, they said. If you give your fertility over to the Lord they said. If you have a servant's heart, they said, every happiness will be yours. And that system and in particular their husbands, failed those women completely, and yet, they go back for more, because they are conditioned to believe they have no other options.

And their children watch, and hopefully learn, this is NOT how to live a life.

The problem is, by the time they are in a position to have had enough and see through the BS, well, they're up the creek without a paddle. Where do Anna, or even more so, Jaynee, go from here. If they're depressed, they're lacking energy and confidence. If they're finally seeing the light, then they are realizing how ill-prepared they are to function in the adult world, and how much their homeschooling is worthless. 

Daniel must be supervising the blog again and perhaps reading here. . My comment is deleted. Oh well, people don't like to read the reality of life. 

Repeated pregnancies + lack of preventive care probably doomed Jaynee's teeth.

To be fair, also, dental care is very expensive, even for people who have insurance coverage. It's so expensive that it can actually be cheaper to have diseased teeth pulled & replaced with dentures rather than trying to pay for restorative treatments (e.g., crowns) in order to keep one's teeth.

From watching Jaynee's blog during Daniel's moral lapse down south, I don't think that she'll ever change.  She dug deep into bible and faith to get through that episode, and I think she continues to dig deep to keep going; I suspect her beliefs will continue to harden as time goes on and her inherent spirituality is abused.  

In a facebook (?) post, she noted (paraphrasing here) they finally found a church where the pastor really sticks to the Gospel basics, and we all know what that means. 

• 9 months later...

Bumping this old thread because I think the blog is gone. At least I can't find it. It says the domain has expired. Anyone know what's going on? Has Jaynee quit blogging? Did something else happen?

Looks like she forgot to renew it.  She can still do that.  She may have decided to stop blogging - and the title of that blog (to Mexico) was out of date anyway.  She still has an active Facebook.  

Archived