IGNORED

27-year-old SAHD grounded

Rachel333

My parents essentially treat me the same way they did when I was fourteen: they let me do whatever I please. I don't recall being punished in any way or ordered to do anything after that age (although they may have suggested/advised more often than they do now).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think when someone else is paying the bills they have the right to say, stop paying for texting because the bill was too much.

She always has the option of getting an income. It isn't like it is impossible to get a job. And I am pretty liberal.

Personally if I had my 34 year old daughter living at home with no education, no income and 3 kids I wouldn't be paying her cell phone bill. Food, clothing and shelter and needs. Cell phones aren't.

I agree if someone is paying a cell phone bill they have the right to stop for paying for texting if someone is texting too much. A few years back, my cousin's twin sons were 16 and she agreed to get them cell phones to have for emergency purposes and one of her rules was no texting. She told them that texting wasn't a need. Now they are older and paying for their own cell phone bills, they text like crazy.

Archived