IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds

happy atheist

I remember an old 17 or 18 Kids episode where JB and Michelle had gone to NYC to be on a talk show and the kids at home dragged out a tiny old TV with an antennae to watch their parents on the show live. Joy was sitting in front of the TV covering up commercials with her hands, explaining to the camera that she was covering things that "are bad for them to see", as a group of Howlers sat sadly in a row, obviously (to me, at least) wanting desperately to see what Joy was hiding with her hands. Poor little Howlers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

One of my college professors bragged about meeting Wishbone, lol

I have a signed bookmark somewhere from Wanda and Wishbone. Truth.

10 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

"On Bin's twitter he quoted the following from Benjamin Watson (New Orleans Saint TE) "As a nation we have collectively prayed for Paris this week, yet as a nation we suspend a football coach for praying after a game...we must choose." "

Aha! They have a TV.

Politicians and churches and individuals prayed for Paris. I didn't.

The nation didn't suspend coach Kennedy - his school (which is near me) did, because he wouldn't follow the law as interpreted by multiple Supreme and lower court justices, as is proper Constitutional procedure.

Darn fundies are so eager to call themselves Constitutionalists and so reluctant to understand it...

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If their faith was as strong as they purport, they could have both TV and Internet and leave the rest to God.

Isn't this the line those Westboro loonies take? 

There is a difference between having a television that is only connected to a DVD player, a computer (no/very censored internet), or a VCR and having a television that is connected to a signal from an antenna, cable, or a satellite dish. (As far as limiting what can be watched, I mean.) Far be it from me to defend any Duggars, but back when I watched the show, (I was genuinely clueless about their true nature--pity me) I always understood them to say that their television sets weren't connected to a television signal. Hence, the acceptable big screen tv in Anna and Smuggar's living room (no signal), and the little tv with rabbit ear antennae (poor signal, limited access) that Joy got to censor for her brothers so that they could view their parents on "The View". As to their sneaky viewing habits when no one is watching? Who knows? (Sorry that got so long.)

Side note--I think the episode with Joy on censor duty was the episode when I started pitying Jana. She got to explain "Nike!" in her TH. I just thought she looked so pained in that segment. 

On 2.12.2015 at 3:12 AM, princessmahina said:

I wear skirts almost exclusively, and I'm healthy as a horse. It's not the skirt wearing that makes them weak- it's the rhetoric and the practices around it. 

And Jessa looks great to me- tired, and like a young, brunette Dolly Parton, but happy.

That is what I meant with "cult of skirt wearing". Of course wearing skirts doesn't make you weak. But using skirt wearing to make a child be lady-like all the time does. 

On 7.12.2015 at 4:03 AM, SassyPants said:

But give it ten years, folks.

Poor

Lots of mouths to feed

Sex is old

The bodies are older

No media presence

He'll be pissed, and she'll be mouthy.

This is like an awesome Duggar-inspired poem! 

Daniel Webster is a U.S. Congressman, Dr. Pain works as a prison doctor, and Gil Bates has his own tree business. He is also on the IBLP BoD with Dr. Paine. These people are important to Gothard, and the some of the rules don't apply to them. He needs people like them to help lure in new people.

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Daniel Webster is a U.S. Congressman, Dr. Pain works as a prison doctor, and Gil Bates has his own tree business. He is also on the IBLP BoD with Dr. Paine. These people are important to Gothard, and the some of the rules don't apply to them. He needs people like them to help lure in new people.

I feel like people named Payne/Paine/Pain either should totally go for or totally reconsider careers in medicine, or any job that would give them specific titles (Coach Paine, Officer Paine, Sergeant Paine), depending on their personalities.

22 hours ago, withaj said:

I have a signed bookmark somewhere from Wanda and Wishbone. Truth.

This is so great!  :tw_grin: Loved that as a kid!

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like people named Payne/Paine/Pain either should totally go for or totally reconsider careers in medicine, or any job that would give them specific titles (Coach Paine, Officer Paine, Sergeant Paine), depending on their personalities.

High school football coach seems to be a vocation of choice for proselytizing Christians in recent news....

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Could the place not hire Doctor Torture? Or Doctor Death?

On 12/2/2015 at 11:58 PM, Raecheal said:

has this been shared?

Photo Nov 05, 7 38 37 PM

On 12/2/2015 at 0:11 AM, Dandruff said:

Great pic - where did you find it?

Their Flinkr account- it's public...I accidentally clicked on the pictures of precious spurg from the blog and it brought me to the flickr account.

I do want to say, we NEVER see Michelle show that kind of sincere emotions.... 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 0:44 PM, herpderp said:

Off topic: why did FJ change my subheading to "Bathroom Baby?" That's hilarious but also creepy because I'm a lifelong laughingstock in my family for spending way too much time in the bathroom.

Really? http://www.freejinger.org/topic/14030-your-handy-guide-to-free-jinger-user-titles/ (found in the SOTDRT section)

9 hours ago, Raecheal said:

Their Flinkr account- it's public...I accidentally clicked on the pictures of precious spurg from the blog and it brought me to the flickr account.

Truth. I'm glad both Spurgeon and Israel have such caring, involved paternal grandmothers who are so clearly over the moon about getting to be grandmas. Michelle just seems so checked out and barely engaged, even though she talks so much about how much she loooooooves babies.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Truth. I'm glad both Spurgeon and Israel have such caring, involved paternal grandmothers who are so clearly over the moon about getting to be grandmas. Michelle just seems so checked out and barely engaged, even though she talks so much about how much she loooooooves babies.

That's the thing, she loves babies, it just doesn't matter who's baby it is. Then, once not longer a baby, she doesn't care.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Yep. I'm glad the grandbaby boys have that going for them at least. It might help water down the crazy a bit :P
Also I think Jessa having Guinn for a MIL might be a good thing in Jessa's life too..she probably has a more authentic relationship with her than Michelle does with her kids.

Ok this is my first time posting since the new FJ format. Hope this is on the right topic. How did you all get that pic of Jessa in such agony?? I'm shocked she would even allow herself to be seen like that. Now that's what I call "reality tv". That was some real shit she was experiencing!  Does she have the emotional & physical strength to do that 18 more times?! Cute baby...but dang he has a big head! Didn't realize how big he was until I saw saw Ben's mom holding him. How long does it take for stitches to heal after that?! I bet she has better respect for Anna now. Will never forget how snobby she was looking at Anna while she was in labor with the 3rd baby. It's like she didn't believe Anna was in that much pain. Well now she knows! 

I would love to have coffee with Cathy B. I wonder what she really thinks of all of this? The Seewalds wanted to be famous...I hope infamous was considered a possibility as well.

I hope the remaining babies are fewer in number and smaller in size. I cannot imagine birthing a near 10 lber on my first go around.

So much dysfunction

17 hours ago, Raecheal said:

She completely reminds me of Priscilla's blank stare. Not much behind those eyes. I should add, she could be a brain surgeon for all I know, just going by the look in her eyes.

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ok this is my first time posting since the new FJ format. Hope this is on the right topic. How did you all get that pic of Jessa in such agony?? I'm shocked she would even allow herself to be seen like that. Now that's what I call "reality tv". That was some real shit she was experiencing!  Does she have the emotional & physical strength to do that 18 more times?! Cute baby...but dang he has a big head! Didn't realize how big he was until I saw saw Ben's mom holding him. How long does it take for stitches to heal after that?! I bet she has better respect for Anna now. Will never forget how snobby she was looking at Anna while she was in labor with the 3rd baby. It's like she didn't believe Anna was in that much pain. Well now she knows! 

it;s in the link provided somewhere : )

she is getting paid to do deliver - it's her only source of income - 

in one still from the clip - she looks at Anna not with respect - but more confusion.  

On 12/11/2015 at 4:22 PM, twinmama said:

Could the place not hire Doctor Torture? Or Doctor Death?

I once saw a doctor called Dr. Slaughter. True story.

1 hour ago, bingbangboom said:

When I was a child, our Dr. was Dr Reckless.

11 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

I once saw a marriage announcement for a guy whose last name was McDoom. He had just gotten his PhD. Dr. McDoom.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived