IGNORED

Lina Is Now Officially Engaged

longskirts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are the most glaring examples. I've also yet to find a Messianic who shows some interest for secular Jewish culture, or for anything not specifically related to ritual and prayer that's not Fiddler on the Roof. I'm assuming I.B. Singer's already off limits

Even Sholem Aleichem stories that weren't included in Fiddler on the Roof. I've read the stories about Tevye's two youngest daughters. They are SAD.

Lots of people are asking on her blog about the two weddings, and Lina's not answering yet.

I have been informed (by a real-ass Jew) that Purim is a time to "drink until you no longer know a blessing from a curse". So not a fast then :p

From Jamie's blog "Purim is a fast day, right'"

jamiesbloggerblog.blogspot.com/search?q=purim

This same Jamie once asked Lina what was the difference between Askhenazic and Sephardic Jews in a comment, I can't find the link now.

The Dixons also apparently start the Shabbat by blowing the shofar, isn't that only for kippur?

dixonhomestead.com/rachel/?p=6743

Those are the most glaring examples. I've also yet to find a Messianic who shows some interest for secular Jewish culture, or for anything not specifically related to ritual and prayer that's not Fiddler on the Roof. I'm assuming I.B. Singer's already off limits.

Actually, the shofar is blown every day during the last month of the Jewish year Elul, as well as on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. It may be blown on other times, but I do not know and I have to go to class right now. But you definitely, definitely don't blow it to start off Shabbat. That's just crazy messianic bullshit.

"(It's) worth being gay" -- the slogan from Tel Aviv Pride 2011.

As for the shofar, the Dixons really blow, don't they?

I love your avatar.

I have nothing to add, except: bitch crazy! Keep this thread updated for those of us who cannot read her blog without throwing things. I can't wait to see her justification for the two weddings, etc., and more Fun with Taliban Tony, Love machineto-be. It's my fundie watching trash. Some people watch The Bachelor; I read about Lina.

I love your avatar.

I have nothing to add, except: bitch crazy! Keep this thread updated for those of us who cannot read her blog without throwing things. I can't wait to see her justification for the two weddings, etc., and more Fun with Taliban Tony, Love machineto-be. It's my fundie watching trash. Some people watch The Bachelor; I read about Lina.

I second everything Angri-la says, :)

THey are getting married on the 20th of this month. Search for "AJ N Paulina" on facebook, they have a new combined page which seems partially open to the public.

Can't stand it when couples create a shared profile. Something tells me they didn't go to "Marshfiled High School." (Is TT's favorite book "Lord of the Files?")

Can't stand it when couples create a shared profile.

Ugh me too. Seems pretty pointless...plus you never know which is commenting (unless they say their name). Also, if you wanted something JUST for the ladies...well, too bad.

Purim itself isn't a fast day, but there is a fast day associated with the holiday (Ta'anit Esther). Mostly it's about dressing up in silly costumes, eating triangle-shaped cookies, and getting really effing drunk.

Guest Anonymous
Purim itself isn't a fast day, but there is a fast day associated with the holiday (Ta'anit Esther). Mostly it's about dressing up in silly costumes, eating triangle-shaped cookies, and getting really effing drunk.

Hamentashen....in my best Homer Simpson donut voice :mrgreen:

Ta'anit Esther is supposed to commemorate Esther fasting before approaching King Achashverosh, but I think the real purpose is to get the alcohol to hit you harder.

Anyone else annoyed that she doesn't respond to comments on her blog like 90% of the time? Even when it was private she never bothered. Rude! C'mon Lina, I need to know about the two weddings!

HAHA!! We will keep you posted.

I DO watch the Bachelor and DH and I actually ran into Casey (gag) and Vienna (double-gag) at EPCOT last Saturday. I took a picture with them and got a high5 from Casey. I'm such an ass.... :idea: (that smilie looks like a butt to me)

I wonder if they're having handsex like Smuggar and Anna.

To be fair, they've also carressed. Her touching is not limited to the Smuggar edition of purity by only having pre-marital handsex.

Does anyone else hate how TT calls her Paulina? I recall a post where she gave her pretty involved reasons for going by "Lina".

Her reason for going by Lina boils down to "I can't do anything without a deep religious reason". Regular people decide they want to go by nicknames because they like it better this way, Lina needs to liken herself to Abram becoming Abraham and Sarai becoming Sarah. Just as regular people decide they want a nose piercing because they like it, Lina needs to say she's doing it because of Isaac and Rebecca.

Does anyone else hate how TT calls her Paulina? I recall a post where she gave her pretty involved reasons for going by "Lina".

On the FB page it looks like she's started calling herself Paulina again too. I like "Lina" a lot better.

Guest Anonymous

On the FB page it looks like she's started calling herself Paulina again too. I like "Lina" a lot better.

And we get to witness Taliban Tony and his newly renamed "Paulina's" first steps on a road that ends in him controlling every. damn. thing. she. does. I feel sick.

Hah! I grew up in a reform temple which is in many way culturally closer to the protestent approach to worship, very dignified and reservered. I had no idea how much Orthodox Jews can PARTY until I got to college and watched orthodox Jews at hillel house celebreate Simchat Torah with kegstands and shots (to be fair these were college students but the act of bering alchohol to your place of worship and partying there is unfathomable to most religious groups) My Orthodox friend told me even in a regular orthodox temple you see a lot of fun and craziness, her rabbi used to get drunk and do stage dives off the bimah.)

Somehow I don't think fake Jews growing up in a Protestant tradtion (paticuarly the southern baptists who believe drinking is a sin) would respond well to that aspect of religion. I don't know if they can grasp that Judaism is more than being fundier than thou, it's also a religion that celebrates earthly joys, joys of the flesh.

Yes, the Protestant fundie demonization of alcohol for instance doesn't really fit well with Judaism, for one thing (nor with the Gospels, really, don't tell me all the fuss at the Canaan wedding was over grape juice).

Archived