IGNORED

Law and Order: Duggars

Kira

So excited!!!! I tweeted Dick Wolf & SVU way back in June asking for this. Thank you, little baby Jesus. I know it's not going to be exact. I am most hoping for the creepy Michelle voice and a smug son.

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Little Baby Jesus brought me to Butter Jesus and I had to share. https://youtu.be/6Mf2u9VWAhM

Sorry if I did it wrong.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the not-Duggars are going to NYC to film a talk show of some sort, the host gets an anonymous note that the thirteen year old is pregnant, calls in SVU, and the rest of the plot unfolds from there.

I can totally see a plot line like that!!

I can totally see a plot line like that!!

What if they include the Oprah storyline, complete with the Alice scenario. Of course, Oprah doesn't film in nyc, but something like that could work.

SVU hasn't been sane or straightforward in a long time. Brother molesting sisters is only going to be part of it because its too simple. I wonder what the crazy twist will be. Please make JB some serial killer or something.

SVU hasn't been sane or straightforward in a long time. Brother molesting sisters is only going to be part of it because its too simple. I wonder what the crazy twist will be. Please make JB some serial killer or something.

Maybe the not-JB could claim that his "seed" is pure and has to be kept in the family. This is the rationale for why the Kingstons and some of the other extreme Mormon fundamentalists marry close relatives. I can also think of several true crime storied where a meglomanical father did commit incest with his daughters for precisely this reason (the names escape me). Or maybe they'll being in Gothard somehow when the not-J'parents claim they were only following his "non-negotiable" rules for life.

I'm going to predict that the Michelle character will claim the 13 year old is a virgin pregnancy. "She wasn't raped! It's God's Will! Just like Mary and Jesus!"

Perhaps the not-Duggars are going to NYC to film a talk show of some sort, the host gets an anonymous note that the thirteen year old is pregnant, calls in SVU, and the rest of the plot unfolds from there.

I like this idea. A son from the family rapes his sister. She ends up pregnant. While the family is doing a talk show, the host discovers one of the girls is pregnant and calls SVU. They can throw in the son is actually a pedophile, and the family has been covering it all up because of their reality show.

Now I need to go throw up and take a hot shower.

My guess:

A large family comes to NYC to film a segment on a morning show. WHile in NY the underage child gives birth and hides the baby in the studio/under a desk/walks on set bleeding holding the child. The family is investigated and it turns out ma and pa knew about it and did nothing, allowing older sibling to tag along (he was there on the shoot). The child is interviewed, its still going on...

That gives NYC venue for the investigation and "walla" an SVU episode is born!

The baby is adopted by a loving, gay couple and all 3 are arrested and convicted.

One thing that is important to remember about SVU is that they rarely do one "ripped from the headlines" story per episode anymore. Their Casey Anthony episode became about anti-vaxxers halfway through; they combined the Paula Deen racial tirade with the murder of Trayvon Martin and threw in the controversy over stop and frisk to boot; they managed to combine the Solange/Jay-z elevator fight, Ray Rice domestic violence case, and Donald Sterling racial tirade into one bonkers episode.

There is a very real possibility that this episode will incorporate other well known scandals. Honey Boo Boo is an obvious choice, but maybe too obvious.

That's a good point.

I wonder if it could somehow be combined with polygamists or something....though I think they already did that once.

I'm disappointed that there always has to be some unreal twist. I think focusing on Gothard, Fundies, JttH, ALERT, etc., in addition to the molestation would be extremely unsettling. The parents enabled the abuse through their reactions once they found out about it, but they also created an unhealthy environment by teaching that men can't control themselves, but they're always in charge. I just wish the episode would explore the creepiness of Gothardites, without throwing in an unnecessary pregnancy twist. Of course, I'll still watch it.

I'm disappointed that there always has to be some unreal twist. I think focusing on Gothard, Fundies, JttH, ALERT, etc., in addition to the molestation would be extremely unsettling. The parents enabled the abuse through their reactions once they found out about it, but they also created an unhealthy environment by teaching that men can't control themselves, but they're always in charge. I just wish the episode would explore the creepiness of Gothardites, without throwing in an unnecessary pregnancy twist. Of course, I'll still watch it.

I think for many people, the way the real Duggar scandals have unfolded is extremely disappointing, at least in the sense that Josh was never held legally responsible for what he did and the family remains fervently attached to Gothardism. With L&O SVU we can at least know that someone will most likely end up in prison by the end of the episode.

Yeah, I'm hoping they make it a good episode, but I'm not expecting realism from SVU.

At the very least, the little FakeDuggar girls will have advocates who aren't afraid of their parents.

Yes... Physically. Mentally though?

Referring to them as girls removes their accountability. They are adult enough to be wives and mothers. I don't think they should be let off the hook, which calling them girls kind of does. The younger ones are the real girls.

Referring to them as girls removes their accountability. They are adult enough to be wives and mothers. I don't think they should be let off the hook, which calling them girls kind of does. The younger ones are the real girls.

Good point.

Praying to the spaghetti monster thingy that Buzzard does a recap!

It says "the squad investigates a famous reality TV family" so I'm not sure they will include religion in the story.

It would be nice if they did take that angle, but even if they did, I'm not sure a fundamentalist Christian storyline would work in the setting (unless, as a poster earlier said, they find some reason to investigate something happening in northern New York state) A fundamentalist / Hasidic Jewish storyline would probably work better.

I've never seen Law and Order but this all sounds excellent and I'm looking forward to it!

Suggestion to the producers if they're reading here:

1. Gotta keep Michelle's crunchy hair and baby voice in

2. Please show the golf course humping scene. Viewers not used to the Duggars may consider it gross and unrealistic that parents would do that in front of their children but hey, it is what it is.

3. Tater tot casserole/chickenetti MUST feature.

Apart from the above, I'm open :D :D

This may just kick the Robin Williams episode out of my favorite slot for SVU

Hell hath no fury Like Olivia Benson and Stabler ( he will be back for Duggar episode)

Really? I miss him!

I remember an SVU episode about the FLDS several years ago. Kids escaped or were booted from the compound in Utah and came to the NYC area.

The writers will find some excuse for them to be in NYC. Murder, mayhem or sexual ickiness will follow.

I'm pretty sure that one wasn't svu. I avoid svu because, although I've never been assaulted in any way, that show makes me uncomfortable. I did see the flds episode not long ago though, it was regular l&o. I may make an exception for this episode though.

I'm pretty sure that one wasn't svu. I avoid svu because, although I've never been assaulted in any way, that show makes me uncomfortable. I did see the flds episode not long ago though, it was regular l&o. I may make an exception for this episode though.

You may be right. It's been a while since I saw that episode and all 3 L&O sort of blend for me.

Oddly enough, one of my neighbors was an actor and appeared in all 3 L&O in various rolls.

Archived