IGNORED

It's the End of the World as We Know It

AmazonGrace

An online Christian organization, based in Philadelphia, is warning believers that earth will be 'annihilated' tomorrow.

The eBible Fellowship - which previously predicted the end of the world would fall on 21 May 2011- warn that life as we know it will be wiped out by fire on Wednesday, October 7, 2015. And this time they are sure they have the right date.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3nrDgKb99

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The expectation of the world ending this fall stems from an earlier prediction by Harold Camping, a Christian radio host who was based in California. In 2011 Camping used his radio station, Family Radio, to notify people that the world would end on 21 May of that year. When that turned out to be incorrect, Camping revised his prediction to October 2011. That also turned out to be incorrect, and Camping retired from public life soon after. He died in 2013, at age 93.

McCann believes that Camping’s 21 May 2011 prediction did have some truth, however. That day was declared to be “judgment day†because it was actually the day God stopped the process of selecting which churchgoers will survive Wednesday’s massacre, McCann said.

Following 21 May 2011, God turned his attention to deciding which non-churchgoers to save, according to McCann. The eBible Fellowship believes that God said he would devote 1,600 days to this task – bringing us to 7 October 2015.

“There’s a strong likelihood that this will happen,†McCann said, although he did leave some room for error: “Which means there’s an unlikely possibility that it will not.â€

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... fellowship

Thanks for the company, nice knowing you. That's all folks. (not sure anyone will have time to read this)

Matthew 24:36 ESV

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

Christ's own words. What part of that don't Christians understand?

Oh but it's perfectly compatible, assuming that McCann is God.

It seems some people never learn from others' past mistakes. How many ends of the world came and went without anybody noticing? The least you should do is predict the end of the world vaguely enough that you can't be pinned down on specific dates or far enough in the future that your civilization will have ended by then or at least far enough that you'll be dead and not care if you're wrong.

In the Trinity doctrine, isn't it said that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are basically one and the same God? How is it possible for one to know things that the other doesn't?

My Christian background didn't emphasize the second coming or armegeddon, it wasn't really even touched on that much, and I will admit the bits about "two people will be walking along, one taken the other left" sounds to me like an accident or heart attack as opposed to any mystical swooping up. My fakebook has been an eye opener, as the "blood moons" (AKA series of eclipses) had a lot of people running in circles and frothing at the mouth. THank goodness their religion wasn't calling for human sacrifices, or they'd have been right on it.

I am truly dumbfounded that even after his death, Camping has loyalists.... (fool me once shame on me and all that)

c62773933790309f96d410680038870a.jpg

I'm sitting at work with a horrible hangover, already had a melt down because of my (lack of) love-life and romantic the last two years and feel all in all pretty miserable. so i don't mind if the world ends today. would be kind of a relief.

Dumbasses didn't learn anything the first time.

I remember reading a story about a couple with 3 teenagers. The couple totally believed their own children were going to hell, and stated it regularly. The teenagers were very much over their parents' stupid beliefs and were tired of their parents giving their household goods away. I felt really sorry for the kids and wondered what the fall out in the household was after the end of the world didn't happen.

I tried to convince Fiance to let me stay home today because its the end of the world and all.

I'm at work now. Shall I shun the non-believer?! :nenner:

I tried to convince Fiance to let me stay home today because its the end of the world and all.

I'm at work now. Shall I shun the non-believer?! :nenner:

World still here. I still haven't finished everything on my DVR, especially the 25 eps of MAUDE!. What to do?

The world still seems to be here, but today isn't over yet for me. If they are right can we all agree to meet up in hell to continue the snark?

The world still seems to be here, but today isn't over yet for me. If they are right can we all agree to meet up in hell to continue the snark?

Sounds like a fine plan to me!

I haven't been raptured yet. I'm holding my dog's paw, though, because I believe that if we're physically connected at the time of the rapture, she will be able to come with me. Makes it hard to type.

:animals-dogrun:

I haven't been raptured yet. I'm holding my dog's paw, though, because I believe that if we're physically connected at the time of the rapture, she will be able to come with me. Makes it hard to type.

:animals-dogrun:

I tried to explain your plan to my cats, but they don't appear to be interested in being raptured with me.

I've had suspicions in the past they are actually imps from Hell; I think that's now been confirmed. :shifty-kitty:

I tried to explain your plan to my cats, but they don't appear to be interested in being raptured with me.

I've had suspicions in the past they are actually imps from Hell; I think that's now been confirmed. :shifty-kitty:

Well, it looks like the end of the world is going to be caused by us all dying of laughter! :cracking-up:

It's a great way to go, thanks. :clap:

I'm sitting at work with a horrible hangover, already had a melt down because of my (lack of) love-life and romantic the last two years and feel all in all pretty miserable. so i don't mind if the world ends today. would be kind of a relief.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time, ophelia. Hang in there... Sending you positive vibes. <>

Dumbasses didn't learn anything the first time.

I remember reading a story about a couple with 3 teenagers. The couple totally believed their own children were going to hell, and stated it regularly. The teenagers were very much over their parents' stupid beliefs and were tired of their parents giving their household goods away. I felt really sorry for the kids and wondered what the fall out in the household was after the end of the world didn't happen.

I think about this family periodically (if we're thinking of the same people). Iirc, the parents had quit their jobs, weren't making repairs on their house, and had spent their savings and the kids' college funds. Like you said, the kids were over it and didn't like being forced to hand out leaflets and didn't believe any of it. I'd love to know what the parents' thinking was after the failed armageddon and what their lives are like now. Are their children estranged? Do they embrace reality? I want follow up!

There also was a mom who was traveling in one of the "official" RVs with her daughter to spread the word and the daughter totally bought into the whole thing.

Whenever I read about these predictions, I always think of that scene in The Rapture when Mimi Rogers and her little girl are out in the desert waiting to be taken.

[bBvideo 560,340:3tccpkhc]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rk5ZBhnCA8[/bBvideo]

Sad movie. :(

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3nrDgKb99

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... fellowship

Thanks for the company, nice knowing you. That's all folks. (not sure anyone will have time to read this)

Damn, I didn't see this until it was all over.

Well, it's 4.30 on the 8th here, so I think they're gonna be disappointed...unless Australia survives, or was forgotten about...

I survived. My umbrella did not. It left behind its earthly non functioning shell. (it wont open)

lol faulty umbrella of protection :gay-umbrella:

I think about this family periodically (if we're thinking of the same people). Iirc, the parents had quit their jobs, weren't making repairs on their house, and had spent their savings and the kids' college funds. Like you said, the kids were over it and didn't like being forced to hand out leaflets and didn't believe any of it. I'd love to know what the parents' thinking was after the failed armageddon and what their lives are like now. Are their children estranged? Do they embrace reality? I want follow up!

There also was a mom who was traveling in one of the "official" RVs with her daughter to spread the word and the daughter totally bought into the whole thing.

Embarrassed disappointment that they were so naive, mixed with relief? My parents kinda/sorta bought into the y2k prepping fad. Companies selling prepping supplies had a lot of people freaked out that systems would crash and normal life would be over. Conflicting reports about the test runs just fueled people's frenzy. Our group went ice skating on a farm pond New Year's Eve. When we walked back to the vehicles the lights in town were fine. Proof that it was all hype gave me a strange feeling of gosh we were fools/but mostly relief. Idk why my parents didn't talk about the places that had already switched over to 2000. :lol: The dino days of being less connected. It seems dumb now but when people are determined to believe something they can be convincing. i'm still so naive that following prepping blogs triggers all those scared feelings. :doh: Nothing wrong with being prepared for normal crap life dishes out but good grief the people making money off scare tactics and lies should have to pay for therapy. Getting over the experience of TVP is bad enough.

eta - whoohoo my user title just switched to Swimming in Essential Oils. :cracking-up: Should totally celebrate with some soy eo candles, if they have them in 10 hour.

1:26am October 8 here in Alabama. I'm still here. Hubby and feline headship are asleep

I'm still here... Sitting in bed eating an ebil Halloween pumpkin shaped peanut butter cup!

Archived