IGNORED

Fairies and Pixies and Trolls, oh my!

salex

I wonder how they handle the portion of scripture where Paul tells a young Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach ailments?

Pa Keller would insist that Paul was REALLY telling Timothy to drink Welches Concord grape juice.

There's a fine art to making the Bible say what a person wants it to say. Because, of course, those people know exactly what God was trying to say. :roll:

Probably. Wine really means "new wine" (it's in the Greek, ya'll) which is freshly pressed grapes before they ferment, and that's why it was okay for Jesus to turn water into wine.

Except when people are getting hammered off the stuff, because then it's obviously fermented demon juice (word for word Greek translation) and no honorable person would touch that stuff.

At least that's what I've been told, more or less.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their other problems with Narnia include a paralyzing fear of anthropomorphism. Animals do not talk and saying that they do is telling a lie. Also, magic!!!!11!!1 Horrors! It will tempt all children to witchcraft.

I am now a believer.

I thought of this thread a couple of times this week because it's been one weird, kind of minor but annoying, never before seen IT issue after another...definitely a gremlin infestation in my network.

This place doesn't need an IT it needs a exorcist.

Archived