IGNORED

National Dog Day!

FundieFarmer

I'll start the party. This is my girl. She is 5 years old, and she's adopted. I was her fourth home in four years, so she has major anxiety issues. She's just now coming around, and we are very proud of her. She will finally be away from you- when we first got her, she had to be literally touching you at all times- and is comfortable enough to chase lizards and squirrels. She loves to snuggle and love and definitely needs it in return.

Happy National Dog Day, y'all!

post-10965-14452000793417_thumb.png

I'm just cuddling with my dachshund, who is all snug under her blankie. She's got security issues, too and for a lot of the same reason as your sweet doggie does, FundieFarmer. Trinket was rescued from a hoarding situation at the age of 10 months and I think the only reason they could catch her was she didn't want to leave her puppy. There was another dog in the cage next to her that was part dachsie and was already bigger. I'll bet that was her puppy. Trinket obviously has nursed pups.

I wish I had a picture handy to post, but Trinket is a small standard smooth chocolate (and tan) dapple. Smooth is Dachsie talk for short-haired and dapple is merle in other breeds like Great Dames and Aussies. Standard means that she weighs 15 to 30 pounds. If she were a little smaller, she'd be a tweenie.

Our other doggie is a Shih tzu was is also a rescue. She was found in the middle of the freeway and was very badly matted. I hear that they had to cut about 10 pounds of fur off. She used to be mom's dog and I inherited her when my mom had to go in to a nursing home, so she's been re-homes twice. She is very sweet, but she does have bad skin which is helped by a grain free dog food and a good groomer and dry eye. She is also not completely potty trained although she is almost 10.

zf2rj2r.jpg?1

Dexter and Phoebe on an outing!

All our fur babies are rescues. Dex is 135 lbs of goofy toddler and Phoebe is his very patient big sis (not in size, though.)

• 4 months later...

Archived