IGNORED

Bakery in gay wedding cake case sends gifts to LGBTQ groups

doggie

I am sure people haven o idea what christianity is about and really appreciate being told how god wants them to change to fit these two idiots faith. These people are real assholes really gonna rub it is and don't feel bad about what they did. I hate christians who think the world needs to conform to their faith.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/conten ... aign=share

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The owners of a Portland-area bakery who were fined for denying service to a same-sex couple have sent cakes and copies of a Christian film to 10 LGBT groups on the West Coast.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, told The Oregonian (http://bit.ly/1J8LHx8 ) they sent the custom-designed cakes and copies of the movie "Audacity" to the groups as "an expression of love."

The packages also included $25 restaurant gift cards provided by Ray Comfort, a New Zealand evangelist and the film's executive producer.

The theme of "Audacity" is that Christians who speak up about their belief that homosexuality is a choice aren't trying to spread hate or hurt someone, but are doing it to warn people and save them from God's wrath.

The cakes, which have a red heart on top with 'We really do love you!' written across it in frosting, were sent to organizations in California and Nevada.

One of the groups that received a cake Thursday, Equality California, said it considered the package a publicity stunt. The group was planning to invite gay-friendly faith leaders to share the cake, spokesman Jason Howe said.

"I think the Kleins are continuing a false narrative that there's a conflict between LGBTQ and Christianity," Howe said. "There's a mainstream that thinks discriminating against people in places of business is wrong."

So gods love is to change gay people to straight people and call it love. and of course a ray comfort video should really change all those gays.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/conten ... aign=share

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The owners of a Portland-area bakery who were fined for denying service to a same-sex couple have sent cakes and copies of a Christian film to 10 LGBT groups on the West Coast.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, told The Oregonian (http://bit.ly/1J8LHx8 ) they sent the custom-designed cakes and copies of the movie "Audacity" to the groups as "an expression of love."

The packages also included $25 restaurant gift cards provided by Ray Comfort, a New Zealand evangelist and the film's executive producer.

The theme of "Audacity" is that Christians who speak up about their belief that homosexuality is a choice aren't trying to spread hate or hurt someone, but are doing it to warn people and save them from God's wrath.

The cakes, which have a red heart on top with 'We really do love you!' written across it in frosting, were sent to organizations in California and Nevada.

One of the groups that received a cake Thursday, Equality California, said it considered the package a publicity stunt. The group was planning to invite gay-friendly faith leaders to share the cake, spokesman Jason Howe said.

"I think the Kleins are continuing a false narrative that there's a conflict between LGBTQ and Christianity," Howe said. "There's a mainstream that thinks discriminating against people in places of business is wrong."

Melissa Klein said the cakes were not meant as a publicity stunt.

"Our purpose is to express our love for them as a Christian," Klein wrote in an email. "We don't hate them."

Oh for God's sake, just own it for what it is: a hate message.

You know what I hate? When Christians do something bitchy and then say, "BUT I'M DOING IT IN LOOOOOOOVEEEE YOU CAN'T ME MAD AT ME."

We really do love you buuuuuuuuuuuuut you're going to burn in hell. So when we don't bake you a cake except for this one, which we're totes only doing for attention and to show how Christian we are, its because we don't want you to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

For some reason, I'm not buying it.

Oh hell no. Random cake from aggrieved Christian activist goes right into the trash.

I bet they sent gift cards because in their mind money would be a donation. If any of the orgs that got the gift cards are 501c3 they should send a letter thanking this couple for their tax deductible donation.

Wow. The passive-aggressive is strong in those two.

There's no way in hell I'd eat that cake. That shit is sketchy.

I think it's really pretentious of the Kleins to say that their belief system is the only thing that can save me or anyone else from God's wrath.

I hope the group that is sharing their cake with other supporters sends a bunch of pictures to the Kleins.

I would not accept cake from these people.

Me neither. In fact, I would not accept any cake from anyone who doesn't really want to serve me, but is forced to, because some law says so.

But wasn't this the couple who wasn't even convicted because they refused to serve cake, but because they published some people's names and addresses? Or am I mixing something up?

What the hell are they doing? On top of everything, they send a film called "Audacity".....they have some audacity. :roll:

It's like passive-aggressive harassment almost.

What the hell are they doing? On top of everything, they send a film called "Audacity".....they have some audacity. :roll:

It's like passive-aggressive harassment almost.

Anything with banana man is like getting slapped with A glove that's something to fight over.

I thought of this thread last night when John Oliver made a joke about a baker who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding may contaminate his cake.

youtu.be/5d667Bb_iYA?t=9m16s

Oh hell no. Random cake from aggrieved Christian activist goes right into the trash.

Random cake from self-proclaimed "Christians" could also be donated to a soup kitchen.

Random cake from self-proclaimed "Christians" could also be donated to a soup kitchen.

There is absolutely no way I would allow anyone to eat an unsolicited cake that I received. I would never feel ok about letting anyone eat something that could be tampered with or contaminated. And in this scenario, I find that cake highly suspicious. If I were to make a personal donation to a soup kitchen it would be cash, not sketchy baked goods or homemade anything.

There is absolutely no way I would allow anyone to eat an unsolicited cake that I received. I would never feel ok about letting anyone eat something that could be tampered with or contaminated. And in this scenario, I find that cake highly suspicious. If I were to make a personal donation to a soup kitchen it would be cash, not sketchy baked goods or homemade anything.

Archived