IGNORED

Ashley Madison email finder

countressrascal

FYI this article is saying some sites to check addresses or names on AM are actually phishing data themselves (presumably for nefarious purposes, obviously)

http://news.sky.com/story/1538685/ashle ... ogus-sites

Foolish me; I hadn't considered that when I entered all of my late father's known email addresses. Oh, well--I'm sure it will make things interesting for his (failed) gold-digger of a widow if I did inadvertently use a phishing site... :lol:

I also read that Ashley Madison didn't require email verification. So it's possible people signed up with completely fake email addresses (perhaps other people's actual email addresses!). So the real confirmation would be less in finding an email address, and more in finding a credit card tied to an address related to the person (i.e. what people dug up on Smuggar).

So true, my husband ISN'T on the AM list, but ended up on an email list for an elementary class. He'd get reminders about field trips and snacks days. It was a bit scary to think if it had ended up in the wrong inbox, but he just kept asking to be taken off the list.

Can't help thinking that anyone who goes looking for their partner on this has got a problem even if they don't find them.

Josh is the result of infantilising fundie parenting. Keep them ignorant and marry them off as young as possible.

I am not surprised at all, 28 and 4 children, never explored anything, let alone sexuality.

That said, the audacity to be the mouthpiece of moral christian marriage and scorn same sex marriage as a subversion of it, is beyond comprehension.

latraviata, I love how you put all those long explanations for a fundie's weird behavior, into a spot-on two sentence post. :clap:

I agree -- where is the apology to his wife?

And I'd like some clarification on how far his cheating went. He had an account (or two?) on this Ashley Madison site but did he actually meet up with women and have "experimental" sex with them? I read somewhere that part of his profile said he was looking for something "experimental".

I'd never heard of Ashley Madison before. It sounds like a maker of fine home furnishings.

I'd never heard of Ashley Madison before. It sounds like a maker of fine home furnishings.

As a name nerd, I noticed the joining of two perceived hot-young-woman names. Ashley started peaking in the mid-'80s, followed by Madison. Ashley and Madison aren't names you'd find among old, boring wives who expect you to be faithful. [/sarcasm]

I'm just glad they didn't name M4 Madison. I guess there was no way Josh would've let that happen, and Anna would have just agreed with him, but still...it was one of the names I would have expected them to use (in a half hearted way...I really don't follow them much. Rodriguiii and Maxwells and others are way more interesting)

Archived