IGNORED

Michelle has jury duty... great!

YourGodIsNotMine

how can she be alone without her overwatchers? can you imagine her alone in a jury room with males?

She's be concerned she's defrauding them since they'd all be lusting after her, of course.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Boob looks like SHIT. He loves his helmet, I mean, hair. What happened? Did he shave his head in a breakdown?

It's called falling off your high Horse.

Stress does horrible things to our body.

The thought of Jana or Jinger in a jury pool is kind of terrifying. I doubt either has ever been in a group of nonfundies alone before.

Well, I kinda like the thought. Just imagine Jana or Jinger in a jury pool in a case so complex that they need weeks, months to come to a conclusion. Just imagine those two sitting amongst educated, critically thinking people for what feels like an eternity without mommy, daddy, or accountabilibuddy shifting everything into Gothard-perspective for them?! I wonder about the outcome. :lol:

I,gratefully, never get called for jury out of a jury pool because I worked in a maximum security forensic psychiatric institution. Neither side wants me on that pool.

Well, I kinda like the thought. Just imagine Jana or Jinger in a jury pool in a case so complex that they need weeks, months to come to a conclusion. Just imagine those two sitting amongst educated, critically thinking people for what feels like an eternity without mommy, daddy, or accountabilibuddy shifting everything into Gothard-perspective for them?! I wonder about the outcome. :lol:

I'd worry about them in particular if the case involved any type of violence. Or rape/sexual assault. Or drugs.

They'd probably have to get the replacement jurors.

Of the eight or more times I've been called for jury duty, I've been selected for and empaneled in a jury once. It was a bit scary looking at the defendant from the #1 spot. The defendant must have thought the jury looked pretty scary, too, because when we broke for lunch, he pled out! :lol:

I've always spent the entire day waiting to be chosen, or until the last jury case of the day was called. No getting loose after one voir dire. Of course, my city is quite a bit larger than Tonitown.

Well, I kinda like the thought. Just imagine Jana or Jinger in a jury pool in a case so complex that they need weeks, months to come to a conclusion. Just imagine those two sitting amongst educated, critically thinking people for what feels like an eternity without mommy, daddy, or accountabilibuddy shifting everything into Gothard-perspective for them?! I wonder about the outcome. [emoji38]

Worse imagine them trying to convert everyone instead of deciding a case

I'd worry about them in particular if the case involved any type of violence. Or rape/sexual assault. Or drugs.

They'd probably have to get the replacement jurors.

They're so brainwashed they probably wouldn't raise their hands when the lawyers ask if anyone has ever been sexual assaulted.

Often times during jury selection they will ask the person if they, or anyone they are close to, has been the victim of a crime. They also ask if there is someone they are close to who is in jail or has committed a crime. Considering Michelle's son sexually abused her daughters, and she was involved in covering it up, I couldn't imagine that would go over well.

But would she come forward? After all, Josh was never charged with a crime...

I would assume that there are lots of fundies that end up on juries. There are a lot of fundies and some regions have them as a larger percentage of the population than others.

I imagine there must be some sort of protocol for dealing with them? Or maybe some regions have juries filled with Fundies.

Imagine if Michelle gets sequestered?? hee :lol:

Wow. Boob looks like SHIT. He loves his helmet, I mean, hair. What happened? Did he shave his head in a breakdown?

With Jessa and Jill out of the house, maybe they're training Hannie to cut hair and she just totally messed up....

My husband was called for jury duty once. Luckily(?) it was also for the day of my scheduled c-section, so he didn't have to go.

If Meechelle's god-given sole purpose on this earth was still functional, that might have been a great excuse.

I wonder if they're now paranoid about requesting an excuse due to fear of more FOIA requests. Might as well spin it as a positive. Duggars fulfill civic duties.

It looks like jury duty may not be for consecutive days in her county. She may either still be in the pool or she ended up on a jury already and it's done. The last time I had jury duty the judge actually asked if anyone had proof that they had purchased a plane ticket prior to the summons. I knew I was flying somewhere that Saturday but coming back that night, so I didn't try to get out of it. I ended up having to go back the next day but then I didn't make it on the jury and got dismissed. Every other time I've only had to go in the one day.

I wonder if they're now paranoid about requesting an excuse due to fear of more FOIA requests. Might as well spin it as a positive. Duggars fulfill civic duties.

It looks like jury duty may not be for consecutive days in her county. She may either still be in the pool or she ended up on a jury already and it's done. The last time I had jury duty the judge actually asked if anyone had proof that they had purchased a plane ticket prior to the summons. I knew I was flying somewhere that Saturday but coming back that night, so I didn't try to get out of it. I ended up having to go back the next day but then I didn't make it on the jury and got dismissed. Every other time I've only had to go in the one day.

When I lived in Kansas, it was "one day, one trial". If you didn't get picked for a jury on that first day, you were excused. Once I was picked and once when I wasn't picked I was sent to another room, where they were eliminating a lot of potential jurors; didn't get picked there either and I was done.

Now I live in a state, where you go for two weeks until you're picked. Being eliminated from one jury, just puts you back in the pool. There are ways to get out (e.g. already scheduled trip, primary caregiver for family member), but they will definitely put your name in for duty the next year.

Honestly, I think the Duggars are a ball of contradictions because they see everything as black and white. Obviously rapists, molesters and incest should be reacted to with capital punishment (in JB's opinion). There is no room for emotional judgment in such a situation, THEREFORE, not only must JB view Josh's actions as mild, but his victims must also view it as mild. It's either not worthy of a second thought or it's incest worthy of being executed. For the Duggars, there is no other option. Regardless of how hypocritical it might seem to the outside world, who has views of rape and molestation and victimization that don't necessarily include violent, penetrative rape, the Duggars themselves have to make these arbitrary distinctions so that they don't condemn their own child, so that he can be forgiven in the eyes of god, and so that they aren't breaking rules for him. Their entire worldview relies on these arbitrary rules. And they will abide by them wholeheartedly no matter how anyone else (including the victims) view what happened. If Jessa or Jill or Joy or Jinger ever say otherwise, in the view of JB and the rest of the family, they're basically saying Josh deserves to be stoned to death for what he did. Because there is no Biblical leeway here.

And that also makes all the Duggars totally inappropriate for any kind of jury service. Hopefully the world can recognize that, because jesus. Anyone who has a Duggar determining their fate, even as a single vote, is in hot water.

Archived