IGNORED

Michelle has jury duty... great!

YourGodIsNotMine

I'd love a fundamentalist, scary, uneducated person to decide my fate. Then again, maybe she'd side with the criminal like she did with Josh.

Oh, and the Duggar facebook page equates her jury service to President George W. showing up for his own in Texas. Cause Michelle is SUCH a celebrity.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt she would be seated on a jury. Her religious views are very public, I bet the attorney's will reject her, if it comes to that.

I'm actually surprised that the Duggars support women serving on a jury.

So am I. They probably rationalize it by saying that in an ideal, quiverfull world, women would be shielded from the vulgarity of the political process, but until then, "godly" women like Michelle Duggar need to vote and be on juries to influence the current political environment as much as possible.

I doubt she would be seated on a jury. Her religious views are very public, I bet the attorney's will reject her, if it comes to that.

I agree. The Duggars seem like they are trying to show how Godly they are. They're so godly that Michelle was chosen for the great honor. And then if/when she isn't selected they will say it was G-d'a plan, because she can't be around heathens or something.

I don't see how she is allowed to be on the jury since she's a public figure who's very open about religious views. I don't think she'll make it onto the actual jury.

In LA County they show videos and have posters of celebrities congratulating us for having jury duty, claiming they've done it too. It's one of the parts that I find most annoying about having to sit in that room all day. We all know that Harrison Ford does not sit in that room every year and stare at his own poster telling him to be happy he's there. laist.com/2015/05/12/were_bad_at_jury_duty.php

"Uh... Judge? I just can't come for jury duty because:

1. Someone might say something that is defrauding to me.

2. Someone might be dressed inappropriately in the courtroom.

3. The topic might be about: homosexuality, gender transitioning, abortion, or something else that is against God's law.

4. I wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom, since heathens use it.

5. My husband might need to have sweet fellowship with me, and I can never refuse him."

I don't think Michelle should be serving on a jury. There's no way she can be impartial. What if she finds out the person on trial is an atheist? Or a Muslim? What if it has to do with domestic violence? Or a hate crime based on someone's sexuality?

Nope, nope, nope.

What would be even more interesting to me is -- what about the adult children getting called to jury duty?

Are they registered to vote? We know Smuggar and Anna are, because he (illegally, I believe) posted a photo of her voting screen during a recent election. And are voters the pool the jury duty roster pulls from? I can't remember if it's voters or those with driver's licenses, or what.

How would the J'adults deal with being called and with all the potentially defrauding/politically objectionable stuff they might see and hear? What about being able to understand the judge's instruction? Following the lead of the jury chairperson even though they might be irreligious or female or both? Not being able to have an accountability partner? Not being legally permitted to talk about the case to their family?

In LA County they show videos and have posters of celebrities congratulating us for having jury duty, claiming they've done it too. It's one of the parts that I find most annoying about having to sit in that room all day. We all know that Harrison Ford does not sit in that room every year and stare at his own poster telling him to be happy he's there. laist.com/2015/05/12/were_bad_at_jury_duty.php

I Have seen this video too. I read somewhere that the celebs are actually kept on a separate room until their group is called. I vaguely recall that Caroline Kennedy actually served on a jury in New York. It was a short trial and I don't recall if civil or criminal. No way is Michelle as big a celeb as the daughter of an assassinated President, so no way can she be as big a former President.

I can see some attorneys wanting Michelle on a jury. If a woman wearing a short skirt, a drunk woman or even a woman Michelle would see as having a Scarlett A, accuses a man of rape, Michelle may be a good juror for the defense. We know she is of the belief that a woman's actions and clothing causes abuse and stirs up "lustful" urges in a man that he cannot control. He will have no choice if someone isn't their to scream Nike.

Don't her children at home need her? :D

Exactly! All that homeschooling to attend to!

Gaah, if she is chosen she will probably try to start the jury deliberations with a group prayer.

Gah! As I write this, I have been sitting in the "cattle call" room in my own local civil courts building (for more than 6 hours.... waaaa), whiling away my time perusing FJ, among other things. I desperately hope I'm dismissed, as I would rather be at home, as my child's primarily caregiver. Alas, this is not hardship enough to be excused.

Do you think Michelle wants to be picked for a break in the routine, or to exert her views on others, or do you think she'd rather be dismissed?

I don't think Michelle should be serving on a jury. There's no way she can be impartial. What if she finds out the person on trial is an atheist? Or a Muslim? What if it has to do with domestic violence? Or a hate crime based on someone's sexuality?

Nope, nope, nope.

I don't ask for much in life, but I would be thrilled if J-Chelle ended up in voir dire with a judge/defense attorney that is not having any of her crap. The prosecutor would probably love her due to her black and white view of what life is. And I agree with the poster that stated she'll find herself challenged right out of a jury seat ASAP.

Maybe it's the short haircut (in the jury selfie), but to my eye JB's hair seems to have gained a lot of gray fleck since May 17.

Josh's outing and the fallout are turning the hairspray helmet white.

No way can she serve since Boob's umbrella of protection supersedes all civil & judicial authority. Surely he wouldn't allow her to answer to another man.

Yeah, depending on the type of case and the people involved, I can see one side or the other wanting Michelle as a juror.

True, but then the other side would want her off for the same reasons. She'll be dismissed.

Here's some information about how people get pulled for jury duty. I had thought it was from voter registration lists, but apparently not (link to lifehacker unbroken):

http://lifehacker.com/eight-myths-about ... 1538152456

She looks overwhelmed and exhausted in nearly every photo taken since the scandal broke, not the least of which is this one.

I don't know how I feel about her being on Jury Duty since plenty of people feel very strongly about things, which may or may not be religion, but I agree that I don't think she'll make it on the actual jury. Perhaps they think this is a good way to get some press- serving the country like they always say others should do? Here's to hoping it's not a case any of their hot topics.

Archived