IGNORED

Michelle has jury duty... great!

YourGodIsNotMine

Michelle doesn't even know what a crime is. She covered up sexual abuse and didn't do shit to protect her daughters or her son. So imagine if she was serving on a case about sexual abuse.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Duggar should be on a jury...EVER! I was called to jury duty once and was quickly dismissed. My cousin was the arresting deputy in a theft case. Even if that wasn't a known fact, I would have come forward.

Often times during jury selection they will ask the person if they, or anyone they are close to, has been the victim of a crime. They also ask if there is someone they are close to who is in jail or has committed a crime. Considering Michelle's son sexually abused her daughters, and she was involved in covering it up, I couldn't imagine that would go over well.

This is as big a pile of bullshit as when JimBob said he would be proud to have any of his sons serve in the US Military.

No way would they ever let any of the kids go without an accountability partner. Seriously, how do you think they handle this?

No way would Michelle genuinely go in, open to serving on a jury.

I think people exaggerate on her not wanting to answer to other men or heathens or whatnot. I think, JB and Michelle, being the suckers for fame and publicity that they are, are probably thrilled to be deemed important enough for jury duty.

As someone said, there are people with extreme views on just about anything serving in court every day. It's not more valid to be a left wing extremist than right wing, as the Duggars are. The ideal would be that a jury consists of educated, unbiased, critically thinking individuals but that does not reflect reality.

Let's think about cases in which it would be acceptable to have Michelle partake in jury. Are there any?

Not so much a choice in blowing it off, but a good enough excuse is needed to avoid jury duty. In my county and state, you can be exempt if you are a college student and currently enrolled. You can also be exempt if you are caring for a critically ill minor child. I've submitted both excuses when summoned, and was granted the exemptions. I was completely honest, but I get the feeling the county also doesn't check that closely for proof of exemption. I could have provided proof both times, but was never asked for it. Which now makes me wonder how often people lie on exemption forms to avoid jury duty.

Thats a good question. Perhaps it is best that people that lie to get out of jury duty would not be good jurors. I wouldn't want to be a defendant who had to rely on the verdict of jurors that tried to lie their way off the jury but were caught and forced to serve anyway.

Not so much a choice in blowing it off, but a good enough excuse is needed to avoid jury duty. In my county and state, you can be exempt if you are a college student and currently enrolled. You can also be exempt if you are caring for a critically ill minor child. I've submitted both excuses when summoned, and was granted the exemptions. I was completely honest, but I get the feeling the county also doesn't check that closely for proof of exemption. I could have provided proof both times, but was never asked for it. Which now makes me wonder how often people lie on exemption forms to avoid jury duty.

In LA county they expect you to defer until a school break. I had to start serving over Winter break, and they put me on call after classes started, even though the school was in another county. This was before the current system where you call the night before, we only got an hour's notice. I've had to report for at least one day every time I've gotten a summons, too. I did request a hardship once. They didn't respond by the day before, so I had to call, defer, and then it was accepted before the second date. I haven't been summoned since, not sure if that's the reason.

Often times during jury selection they will ask the person if they, or anyone they are close to, has been the victim of a crime. They also ask if there is someone they are close to who is in jail or has committed a crime. Considering Michelle's son sexually abused her daughters, and she was involved in covering it up, I couldn't imagine that would go over well.

I answered no. Then people said yes to things like having your car keyed, wallet stolen from gym locker, rock thrown through window. I've had my car damaged in parking lots, my car broken into and items stolen and been pick pocketed and even once robbed by a taxi driver and never considered myself a victim. To me, they wanted to know if someone had been stabbed or shot. It wouldn't necessarily be accurate, but I could see where Michelle would answer no to that question and honestly believe that was an accurate answer. And it would be up to the attorneys to use a challenge to get rid of her. Or, maybe it's a civil case.

That's only for the judge to dismiss you from the pool to begin with. I've done jury duty, and was picked in the second round to enter the jury booth to be interviewed. 2 rounds later, I was dismissed by the prosecuting lawyer.

No attorney can exempt anyone from serving jury duty. S/he will however seek jurors s/he wants from the pool as everyone wants a jury that will be as favorable as possible to their client's particular position. Entirely different things.

Michelle Duggar probably cannot claim any sort of of exemption from service. (even though she equates getting notice to a former president of the United States being summoned for jury duty. The hubris of these people!) And it's certainly possible there is a scenario in which she lands on a jury. Depends on the case and the size of the pool available that day. She could be the lesser of a number of bad options depending on the situation.

No attorney can exempt anyone from serving jury duty. S/he will however seek jurors s/he wants from the pool as everyone wants a jury that will be as favorable as possible to their client's particular position. Entirely different things.

Michelle Duggar probably cannot claim any sort of of exemption from service. (even though she equates getting notice to a former president of the United States being summoned for jury duty. The hubris of these people!) And it's certainly possible there is a scenario in which she lands on a jury. Depends on the case and the size of the pool available that day. She could be the lesser of a number of bad options depending on the situation.

But I think that type of situation would end up being Change of Venue'd.

Aren't the Duggars pro-death penalty for everyone else in the world but them, the "forgiven ones?"

Don't forget Jim Bob on the campaign trail trying to rustle up support for the death penalty for rapists and incest, at the same time his own idiot son was molesting his sisters.

jim-bob-kittens-1024x512.png

Does anyone have a choice about showing up? If anyone would have a choice about showing up, I think it would be a sitting President.

I am not under the impression that people are allowed to just blow off jury duty. I could be wrong...

here, if you blow off jury duty, they send you a second notice. if you blow that one off, they put a bench warrant out for your arrest.

here, if you blow off jury duty, they send you a second notice. if you blow that one off, they put a bench warrant out for your arrest.

I don't know if you get a 2nd chance here but I do know a BW will be put out for your arrest. And here you call in the night before to see if your group is picked. If your group is picked you have to go to the courthouse. Then there are levels within your group. Last time I was called I was in level 7 or something like that, we were brought into the courtroom after lunch because they needed to pick 2 more jurors. They did general questions first (crime, know the attorneys or defendant, etc) and dealt with those and then they started in the first seat and started bringing them up one at a time to answer questions. They sat the entire juror before they got to me and then the rest of us were dismissed. The 14 picked had to serve until the end of the trial. I work at the court so I wonder if they would ever pick me to sit on a jury. It wouldn't be a big deal for me since my employer (the county) gives us full pay for doing our civic duty.

But I think that type of situation would end up being Change of Venue'd.

A venue wouldn't be changed because Michelle Duggar is in a jury pool.

Because as a D-list celebrity the details of Michelle's political views and personal life are well known, she probably wouldn't be picked to sit on a jury involving a drunk driver or an accused child molester.

However I don't see why she wouldn't be perfectly qualified to sit on a case involving a traffic accident. In fact, I don't see why she couldn't sit on most types of civil suits.

A couple of things strike me about the FB post. JimBob refers to Michelle as a "girl". Surely a person who has had that many inhabitants in utero qualifies to be a "woman".

Why can't Michelle drive herself to the courthouse? JB can't sit in on the selection process. He is there to be a fame whore for publicity. The family will perform its civic duty when it's to their benefit. :cray-cray:

She will be struck for cause. She will say that it is against her religion to sit in judgment of another. They'll try and keep her by asking "If you come into the kitchen and find the cookie jar open and no cookies in it, then see three of your children, but only one has cookie crumbs on his chin, can you determine that child is guilty?" She'll refuse to answer the question, or they wont ask it because no one wants a fame whore on their jury and she'll go on her merry way.

From the comments on their FP picture. Josh didn't molest his sisters, it was inappropriate touching.

post-760-14452000635257_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to use a thumbnail or spoiler tag. Apparently it's not

A couple of things strike me about the FB post. JimBob refers to Michelle as a "girl". Surely a person who has had that many inhabitants in utero qualifies to be a "woman".

Why can't Michelle drive herself to the courthouse? JB can't sit in on the selection process. He is there to be a fame whore for publicity. The family will perform its civic duty when it's to their benefit. :cray-cray:

Or at the very least he should her a womb-an.

I'll show myself out.

I think people exaggerate on her not wanting to answer to other men or heathens or whatnot. I think, JB and Michelle, being the suckers for fame and publicity that they are, are probably thrilled to be deemed important enough for jury duty.

As someone said, there are people with extreme views on just about anything serving in court every day. It's not more valid to be a left wing extremist than right wing, as the Duggars are. The ideal would be that a jury consists of educated, unbiased, critically thinking individuals but that does not reflect reality.

Let's think about cases in which it would be acceptable to have Michelle partake in jury. Are there any?

But... being on a jury doesn't mean you're important. It's something literally every adult citizen is qualified for. :lol:

From the comments on their FP picture. Josh didn't molest his sisters, it was inappropriate touching.

[attachment=0]IMG_2360.jpg[/attachment]

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to use a thumbnail or spoiler tag. Apparently it's not

"Mild inappropriate touching" is like the new horror tag line. Gives me chills.

Well if it's a civil case at least Michelle's ignorance can't cause a hung jury by one juror.

JB probably went with her to try to listen through the walls.

The thought of Jana or Jinger in a jury pool is kind of terrifying. I doubt either has ever been in a group of nonfundies alone before.

Wonder if JB dropped her off and picked her up to save her the hassle of parking? Isn't the parking fee usually wavered for JD? Then again, it's a red state. Maybe JB did not know one way or the other and wanted to save the difference? Plus, he doesn't have anything better to do...gets him out of chores and childcare.

Well if it's a civil case at least Michelle's ignorance can't cause a hung jury by one juror.

The thought of Jana or Jinger in a jury pool is kind of terrifying. I doubt either has ever been in a group of nonfundies alone before.

Jinger Duggar!

Yes, Your Honor. I see here you are asking to be dismissed from service. Yes, my dad and Mr Gothard say I need an accountability buddy at all times. I see here that you are 21 years old and unemployed. Yes, Sir. Are you in school? No, Sir.

Judge gives a puzzled look ,knowing there's not enough time to fix this CF.

Ok, you're dismissed.

How could then girls go alone? Imagine them saying they need a buddy and the looks they would get

Maybe it's the short haircut (in the jury selfie), but to my eye JB's hair seems to have gained a lot of gray fleck since May 17.

Josh's outing and the fallout are turning the hairspray helmet white.

Wow. Boob looks like SHIT. He loves his helmet, I mean, hair. What happened? Did he shave his head in a breakdown?

Archived