IGNORED

Michelle has jury duty... great!

YourGodIsNotMine

True, but then the other side would want her off for the same reasons. She'll be dismissed.

One would hope. But my former prosecutor, previously worked with the prosecutor in the case and fully disclosed all of this to the court friend got picked for a criminal jury. Apparently, for whatever reason, the defense attorney wanted to save his limited strikes for other jurors he was more worried about.

Here's some information about how people get pulled for jury duty. I had thought it was from voter registration lists, but apparently not (link to lifehacker unbroken):

http://lifehacker.com/eight-myths-about ... 1538152456

I do wonder what would happen if any of the eleventy billion kiddults living at home with drivers licenses got called in. Sitting through a day waiting to see if you're picked for a jury and then listening to a criminal trial would be a real eye-opener for them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't get at all comparing her to GWB having jury duty. "Everyone was surprised he showed up!" So now everyone will be so surprised to see the celebrity that is Michelle? Were they trying to be funny or do they seriously think they are on the same level of "celebrity?"

Good Lawd, heaven help us all from Michelle Dugger deciding anyones fate. No matter what the wretched soul did no one deserves that. :pray:

I was called recently but there is a check little box on there for metal disability. My doctor filled it out and then I’m exempt. I have PTSD and anxiety so I know its not a good idea for me to serve and my Doc agrees. her extreme beliefs have to be just as bad if not worse reason for someone not to serve.

Edit Riffles.

If somehow she did serve, it would be interesting to know that she will be instructed to determine guilt or innocence of somebody without any consideration of "Gods grace and mercy". That Jesus=\= automatically everything is alright.

I really didn't get at all comparing her to GWB having jury duty. "Everyone was surprised he showed up!" So now everyone will be so surprised to see the celebrity that is Michelle? Were they trying to be funny or do they seriously think they are on the same level of "celebrity?"

I think they're that delusional that they believe they're on the same level of "celebrity" as GWB and others in that LA County video which I've seen. I wonder how quickly the prosecutor would dismiss her if the case was about child molestation.

"Uh... Judge? I just can't come for jury duty because:

1. Someone might say something that is defrauding to me.

2. Someone might be dressed inappropriately in the courtroom.

3. The topic might be about: homosexuality, gender transitioning, abortion, or something else that is against God's law.

4. I wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom, since heathens use it.

5. My husband might need to have sweet fellowship with me, and I can never refuse him."

6. I'm ovulating and can't miss this chance to make a baby, we reallly want a baby.

Well, good news for the defendent: all he or she has to do is say she asked Jesus for forgiveness, and Michelle won't be able to vote for a guilty verdict.

:angry-banghead: I really feel for the other members of the jury pool being stuck in a room and having to listen to the baby voice for a solid week. Just imagine how much quality time she can fit in witnessing to a captive audience.

"Uh... Judge? I just can't come for jury duty because:

1. Someone might say something that is defrauding to me.

2. Someone might be dressed inappropriately in the courtroom.

3. The topic might be about: homosexuality, gender transitioning, abortion, or something else that is against God's law.

4. I wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom, since heathens use it.

5. My husband might need to have sweet fellowship with me, and I can never refuse him."

1-2 wouldn't apply to her cause she's a woman. It's the men who cant control their urges.

3 she'd definitely try to serve on cause you gotta damn those heathens to hell!

4-5 are appropriate Michelle responses.

I think it would be interesting if the Duggar girls were called for jury duty. Here, the prospective jurors all sit in a room together waiting for their group to be called. You can't be in the room unless you are a juror. So, a Duggar girl would be forced to be alone with strangers most of the day. Sure a sibling could sit outside the room and have lunch with their sister but they would be separated from their for hours. I wonder if they would spend the time listening to sermons on their phones or reading how to catch Prince Charming. I am sure they wouldn't pass the time actually talking to the heathen masses. They might even end up on a jury. Can you imagine if they got stuck on a jury where the judge has the jury sequestered for the length of the trial with limited access to family and Gothard? Would they be considered tainted by fundies because there was no accountability partner with them during sequestration?

What would be even more interesting to me is -- what about the adult children getting called to jury duty?

Are they registered to vote? We know Smuggar and Anna are, because he (illegally, I believe) posted a photo of her voting screen during a recent election. And are voters the pool the jury duty roster pulls from? I can't remember if it's voters or those with driver's licenses, or what.

How would the J'adults deal with being called and with all the potentially defrauding/politically objectionable stuff they might see and hear? What about being able to understand the judge's instruction? Following the lead of the jury chairperson even though they might be irreligious or female or both? Not being able to have an accountability partner? Not being legally permitted to talk about the case to their family?

They've made a point of informing us that all Duggar kids 18 and older are registered to vote. After all, isn't that part of the point of their movement? To outvote everyone else to force their views on us?

I would love to see how Jessa would handle being a juror...

I think it would be interesting if the Duggar girls were called for jury duty. Here, the prospective jurors all sit in a room together waiting for their group to be called. You can't be in the room unless you are a juror. So, a Duggar girl would be forced to be alone with strangers most of the day. Sure a sibling could sit outside the room and have lunch with their sister but they would be separated from their for hours. I wonder if they would spend the time listening to sermons on their phones or reading how to catch Prince Charming. I am sure they wouldn't pass the time actually talking to the heathen masses. They might even end up on a jury. Can you imagine if they got stuck on a jury where the judge has the jury sequestered for the length of the trial with limited access to family and Gothard? Would they be considered tainted by fundies because there was no accountability partner with them during sequestration?

I'd love it if someone had Michelle cornered and told her off while she didn't have anyone to back her up!

It's publicity though! Cameras, attention, name in the news. JB may think he can further his cause.

On the other hand, the non-fundies of the world (if they know who he is) probably think he should be in a court of law to be prosecuted, not taking selfies. JB is sooo dodgy.

They've made a point of informing us that all Duggar kids 18 and older are registered to vote. After all, isn't that part of the point of their movement? To outvote everyone else to force their views on us?

I would love to see how Jessa would handle being a juror...

I saw Josiah listed as registered republican on the voter roles, so I'm sure everyone else is as well.

Here are the only ways one can be excused from serving jury duty in Arkansas.

An individual may be excused if the judge finds that either the state of the juror's health or the juror's family reasonably requires his/her absence; or when, in the opinion of the judge, the juror's interests or those of the public will be materially injured by the juror's attendance. The law does not allow excusal because of occupation or employment. A request for excusal must state the nature of your conflict or the hardship. You must appear in person in the courtroom unless the court has excused you.

I saw Josiah listed as registered republican on the voter roles, so I'm sure everyone else is as well.

An individual may be excused if the judge finds that either the state of the juror's health or the juror's family reasonably requires his/her absence; or when, in the opinion of the judge, the juror's interests or those of the public will be materially injured by the juror's attendance. The law does not allow excusal because of occupation or employment. A request for excusal must state the nature of your conflict or the hardship. You must appear in person in the courtroom unless the court has excused you.

That's only for the judge to dismiss you from the pool to begin with. I've done jury duty, and was picked in the second round to enter the jury booth to be interviewed. 2 rounds later, I was dismissed by the prosecuting lawyer.

ETA: where is the selfie? I went to the family instagram and couldn't find it.

In LA you can often call in the night before you're supposed to appear and find out if they need you. Most of the time they don't. And I don't imagine they'd put her on a jury.

On the other hand, I love the idea of Michelle Duggar having to show up at the courthouse at 8 am--not on Duggar time--and having to sit in a big room full of other potential jurors for hour after hour every day, even for a short period, waiting to see if she's called. Last time I served I saw people reading and knitting and using laptops. Does she know how to read? Does she know how to knit? If she brought a laptop in she could look at Free Jinger all day long. Hiya, Michelle, ya great big hypocritical, lyin' moron wife of Jim Boob!

I wonder what she'd expect? For the other potential jurors to gaze at her admiringly and approach for the benefit of her words and smile? Maybe once. I suspect she wouldn't get that treatment now.

Does anyone have a choice about showing up? If anyone would have a choice about showing up, I think it would be a sitting President.

I am not under the impression that people are allowed to just blow off jury duty. I could be wrong...

I think it could be argued that Michelle or any Duggar on a jury could materially injure the interests of the public.

If I was the defence lawyer I might want Michelle on the jury. It opens a hole for later to ask for a mistrial if things go bad. It will also attract attention to a trial that would have otherwise have no attention and that could influence how the trial proceeds and possibly the outcome if the defendant starts growing a fan base.

In LA you can often call in the night before you're supposed to appear and find out if they need you. Most of the time they don't. And I don't imagine they'd put her on a jury.

On the other hand, I love the idea of Michelle Duggar having to show up at the courthouse at 8 am--not on Duggar time--and having to sit in a big room full of other potential jurors for hour after hour every day, even for a short period, waiting to see if she's called. Last time I served I saw people reading and knitting and using laptops. Does she know how to read? Does she know how to knit? If she brought a laptop in she could look at Free Jinger all day long. Hiya, Michelle, ya great big hypocritical, lyin' moron wife of Jim Boob!

I wonder what she'd expect? For the other potential jurors to gaze at her admiringly and approach for the benefit of her words and smile? Maybe once. I suspect she wouldn't get that treatment now.

In San Jose, they have you call every morning for the week you're summoned. If your number isn't called, you don't have to go in. If it is, then you only go in for the day it was called.

Does anyone have a choice about showing up? If anyone would have a choice about showing up, I think it would be a sitting President.

I am not under the impression that people are allowed to just blow off jury duty. I could be wrong...

Not so much a choice in blowing it off, but a good enough excuse is needed to avoid jury duty. In my county and state, you can be exempt if you are a college student and currently enrolled. You can also be exempt if you are caring for a critically ill minor child. I've submitted both excuses when summoned, and was granted the exemptions. I was completely honest, but I get the feeling the county also doesn't check that closely for proof of exemption. I could have provided proof both times, but was never asked for it. Which now makes me wonder how often people lie on exemption forms to avoid jury duty.

:angry-banghead: I really feel for the other members of the jury pool being stuck in a room and having to listen to the baby voice for a solid week. Just imagine how much quality time she can fit in witnessing to a captive audience.

not to mention if its a case where the verdict has to be all or nothing, and there can be anonymous holdouts :angry-banghead:

That's only for the judge to dismiss you from the pool to begin with. I've done jury duty, and was picked in the second round to enter the jury booth to be interviewed. 2 rounds later, I was dismissed by the prosecuting lawyer.

ETA: where is the selfie? I went to the family instagram and couldn't find it.

It's on facebook. Duggar Family Official is the name.

Archived