IGNORED

Buy a sweet treat, help a child

Terrie

After the Emma drama and the invasion of RAD MYTH, I thought that people might like to hear something positive about adoption. This weekend (June 18-19), Wendy's will donate 50 cents to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. They promote adoption of children in foster care - kids who would otherwise be left with no one once they reach 18. I have two good friends who were adopted from foster care, so this is an issue near and dear to my heart.

It's one dollar at my local Wendy's (but unlike last time, they don't give you a coupon book for 6 Jr. Frostys nad 6 small fries... sad). Great cause and I'm glad Wendy's is supporting it.

Definitely a fan of this. Lately I've been reading the blog of a girl who aged out of foster care and the difficulties she's dealt with as a result of being alone. I love the idea of helping foster care kids get the forever families they deserve. Thanks for sharing this bit of good, Terrie. :)

It's going to be 103 degrees tomorrow in my neck o' the woods. And this is for a good cause. Frosty it is!

Wendy's founder Dave Thomas was a devout Catholic, and his adoption agenda is also an anti-abortion agenda. Just sayin'.

Wendy's founder Dave Thomas was a devout Catholic, and his adoption agenda is also an anti-abortion agenda. Just sayin'.

But at least he is doing something to help unlike most of the anti-abortion crowd.

Yay adoption!

I didn't get any help with any of mine, and I think I probably could own a fancy house and several cars outright, trying to have a child any way I could. I don't care; it is priceless, and I am so glad, no matter what his reasons, Dave Thomas is donating to help families find each other. One week from today I bring my girl home, so I think I am especially emo about the topic. Buy frosties so others can experience the joy of bringing home the child they never thought they would have, and to give children the home they always hoped for.

Guest Anonymous

The sad irony is that dairy production creates "unwanted" babies who are then separated from their mothers.

Really, that makes about as much sense as the Pepsi diabetes fundraiser that made the rounds on the series of tubes a few days ago.

Like :) and even if it has anything to do with a pro-life agenda, at least it actually is pro-life - giving a shit about kids after they're born, rather than just yelling at those considering abortion to surrender them for adoption instead

The sad irony is that dairy production creates "unwanted" babies who are then separated from their mothers.

Really, that makes about as much sense as the Pepsi diabetes fundraiser that made the rounds on the series of tubes a few days ago.

Well, if you're referring to Frosties it's not actually ironic since frosties are non-dairy products. And, while I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals in food production, I find it a bit offensive to liken human children without parents to livestock.

The Dave Thomas adoption foundation is specifically geared toward encouraging people to adopt foster children. I don't see a connection between this and an anti-choice agenda. It also supports same-sex parents adopting kids... this is definitely not a crazy-fundie organization.

I will buy a Frosty. Dave Thomas was not a foaming-at-the-mouth antichoice fundie. The kids he concerned himself with are kids living without families. Already alive, already-born kids, which to me makes ALL the difference.

And I have to ditto grace on the livestock point. Why drag nonhuman animals into this? What has one to do with the other?

Archived