IGNORED

Did a Bradrick marry a Jew?

clarinetpower

On the Peter thread I asked, but never heard--did his sister marry a Jew? I'm speaking to the Cohen marriage specifically. Cohen is a very common Jewish name. Since Geoff Botkin talked about covenant marriage and Christian families going back in history, I was wondering if this is a mixed marriage.

Anyone?

Seriously doubt it. Perhaps the Cohen spouse's father is or was Jewish, but I doubt a Bradrick would be willing or allowed to marry anyone who was not a Christian (read: fundie extremist).

A lot of Cohens and Levi/Levy/Levins have intermarried/converted to the point that its not as much of an indication as it was for my grandparents or other older generations. Just going by my own experience.

Eta: small typo.

It is likely that there people have some Jewish ancestry. Wouldn't it be a real feather in the cap of the person whoo converts a Jew?

It is likely that there people have some Jewish ancestry. Wouldn't it be a real feather in the cap of the person whoo converts a Jew?

I would say it's almost certain that they have Jewish ancestry. Unlike precious metal names or -stein, -berg etc., Cohen and Levy (and variations) were, at one point, exclusively Jewish names.

Archived