IGNORED

Everything Josh Duggar, Child Molester - Part 7

happy atheist

Off Topic:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the newbies who register here are "blanket trained"? By that I mean we get a verbal slap the second we crawl off the FJ rule blanket.

Maybe that's why, after about 30 posts you get the level header "blanket trained."

:whistle:

This site is primarly geared toward people who are opinionated, sarcastic and thick skinned. It might take some people a while to learn to roll with the punches.

Just ignore anyone who offends you. They are only a screen name on a snark forum.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This site is primarly geared toward people who are opinionated, sarcastic and thick skinned. It might take some people a while to learn to roll with the punches.

Just ignore anyone who offends you. They are only a screen name on a snark forum.

EXCUSE me?

I am also an awesome avatar, thankyouverymuch.

Yes, but regarding their belief system I think they were really convinced they handled it well and prayed it away.

I agree and that's why I tread lightly on speaking of victims. Yes, the girls were violated, but if they do not consider themselves victims, that's all that matters.

However, I do think JB handled the situation as to protect himself, first.

You don't have religious freedom at work in any state if it is seen as offensive to anyone else. You should be allowed to have passive objects such as a small cross hanging from your lamp, or bible sitting on your desk. But you can't have a poster with scripture or anything overtly preachy.

I however agree that in most circumstances it is best to steer clear of Politics or religion at work unless you really know your coworkers.

When I say "advertising" that I was Pagan, I meant that when people asked me what church I went to, I told them I didn't and why. I promise, there were no religious artifacts in my cubicle, let alone any voodoo dolls. But when another coworker mentioned my religion to her, she'd been getting sick a lot lately. I don't quite know if she was joking when she said the reason she was searching my cubicle was to see if there were any voodoo dolls of her, but she did search it and no one else's.

When I say "advertising" that I was Pagan, I meant that when people asked me what church I went to, I told them I didn't and why. I promise, there were no religious artifacts in my cubicle, let alone any voodoo dolls. But when another coworker mentioned my religion to her, she'd been getting sick a lot lately. I don't quite know if she was joking when she said the reason she was searching my cubicle was to see if there were any voodoo dolls of her, but she did search it and no one else's.

Oh hell I would have made a federal case out of that crap. It might have served no purpose but to give me someone to ruin but I would have had fun doing it.

I would have also probably done stuff to further scare the little shit about voodoo too. But then that is just me. :D

I agree and that's why I tread lightly on speaking of victims. Yes, the girls were violated, but if they do not consider themselves victims, that's all that matters.

However, I do think JB handled the situation as to protect himself, first.

I agree as well. Personally, even if speculation about the fifth victim was allowed I wouldn't take part in the discussion. I'm curious, but I feel that person has a right to privacy. The other victims do as well, but unfortunately their privacy was violated by the person who failed to redact the identifying information (to be fair though, there are so many siblings listed and they have the same town listed - it would have been extremely difficult, if not impossible, to keep those victims private).

As for your other post, I would say that if the speculation is based on known facts and doesn't involve asking about the fifth victim's identity, you should be ok. For example:

Ok Speculation: Jim Holt was a Minister at Boob's Church when this was happening. Could he have known about the abuse and would he have been required to report it by law?

Not Ok Speculation: knows the Duggars. Is it possible they are the fifth victim/are the parent of the fifth victim?

Would you guys say Jana is the most involved with Gothard's organizations?

We have been talking like Jana has just never met someone she wants to marry, or doesn't want to marry or wants to stay home and protect kids but now I'm wondering if she isn't being kept pure for a political pairing much the way Michael Bates was. I just keep thinking about Josh, betrothed at 14 and again a year later. Obviously they marry off kids for alliances,

Like ABD said, you might have a Title VII action there. Might want to talk to an attorney.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers with at least 15 employees, as well as employment agencies and unions, from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin. It also prohibits retaliation against persons who complain of discrimination or participate in an EEO investigation. With respect to religion, Title VII prohibits:

treating applicants or employees differently based on their religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – in any aspect of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignments, discipline, promotion, and benefits (disparate treatment) (http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html)

I am also Pagan, but I never, ever tell anyone at work that. When asked about my religion, I say I'm Jedi. (Yes, I really do.) It tends to put people off balance so they shut up, or they laugh it off as a joke. And it's close to the truth.

~Furbabies, JD (but not Esq.)

Ok- not to speculate, but if you read the information from the lady who attended the church and victims she references, + the elder it's all tied together.

So are people just supposed to unsee that big, fat, pink elephant in the room? Talk about this part and then skip over this part and then talk about that part. It's all connected.

In a way, that's what many people have done in terms of Josh and the Duggars for years, and now look.

The old seeing and reading but not seeing and reading is counterproductive.

I do not care about the who, I was just wondering if there were actually more incidents outside of the home.

I'll admit, I found the ramblings of the lady who attended the church hard to read.

I understand it *is* really hard to dance around such an elephant. When I started trying to Google to see who might have been chaplains at Piney Ridge, I didn't even know the elephant existed (haven't been a huge Duggarite), and didn't know the chaplain in question would be a public figure like Holt. When I did another search to see if anyone had already connected Holt to the mysterious "elder" mentioned in the police report, though... I nearly didn't post my suspicions.

But keeping people from covering up child abuse is more important... so I did.

I wonder if Jim Bob purposely left out the names of the elders because one was Jim Holt or if the police report just didn't summarize the names.

Because you would think the cop would have asked and it is odd Jim Bob didn't say.

We have been talking like Jana has just never met someone she wants to marry, or doesn't want to marry or wants to stay home and protect kids but now I'm wondering if she isn't being kept pure for a political pairing much the way Michael Bates was. I just keep thinking about Josh, betrothed at 14 and again a year later. Obviously they marry off kids for alliances,

I think she's been the most involved for a purpose, that's for sure. I think this is their idea of therapy and helping... or fixing her 'impurity' now...

The way She and Jinger looked when asked that question from Josh if they were about to announce a courtship makes me think they are not interested in getting married.

I don't think Jim Bob would force a marriage on them.

And I don't think the response was because Josh was asking.

I think they just don't mind the way their life is now and see no reason to marry and start being baby factories.

rumors around town that a brother was molested by Josh?

There are also rumors circulating in their neighborhood, before they were famous, that Josh molested one of his siblings - most say sister, but I saw one person who said they heard it was a brother.

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/90328795510/when-i-was-googling-josh-duggar-josh-duggar

I wonder if Jim Bob purposely left out the names of the elders because one was Jim Holt or if the police report just didn't summarize the names.

Because you would think the cop would have asked and it is odd Jim Bob didn't say.

It's noted in the police report that they interviewed an older son in the home (I presume John-David) and asked him who the elders might have been.

"Inv. Taylor asked who [redacted] told in the church. [redacted] said that they told the elders of their church. Inv. Taylor asked for their names. [redacted] said that [redacted] did not want to tell. [redacted] said that she needed to ask [redacted] father."

So they might not have specifically said that Jim Bob was stonewalling, but it looks like they tried to get the information out of the kids. Why they'd do that if Jim Bob was being forthright, I don't know. So I suspect he'd been cagey already about their identities.

Hi everybody, longtime lurker here, I hope I don't screw up my first post... I just wanted to let you know that the josh news was covered in a German Newspaper. It's a magazine with a focus on economics and politic so the article focusses on consequences for conservative politicians. It's fairly detailed, so maybe members here who understand German are interested to have a look:

Handelsblatt.com/politik/international/josh-duggar-politisches-und-gesellschaftliches-debakel/11828836-3.html

Totally unrelated: Cynthia Jeub made a new post on her blog about how abusers are seen. She doesn't mention Josh or sexual abuse, but I think she makes some interesting points. Let me know if that is not the right thread to post this.

Collusion?

We know the cop at skeletons and I think JB approached the issue from how to best protect JB- he was a politician at the time.

It's noted in the police report that they interviewed an older son in the home (I presume John-David) and asked him who the elders might have been.

"Inv. Taylor asked who [redacted] told in the church. [redacted] said that they told the elders of their church. Inv. Taylor asked for their names. [redacted] said that [redacted] did not want to tell. [redacted] said that she needed to ask [redacted] father."

So they might not have specifically said that Jim Bob was stonewalling, but it looks like they tried to get the information out of the kids. Why they'd do that if Jim Bob was being forthright, I don't know. So I suspect he'd been cagey already about their identities.

Ah good point. I forgot about that in th report.

So now it seems Jim Bob was cagey and probably coached the kids to be as well.

Well my next angle of attack is going after Det Hignite because his investigation skills seem lacking from what little we know.

Hi everybody, longtime lurker here, I hope I don't screw up my first post... I just wanted to let you know that the josh news was covered in a German Newspaper. It's a magazine with a focus on economics and politic so the article focusses on consequences for conservative politicians. It's fairly detailed, so maybe members here who understand German are interested to have a look:

Handelsblatt.com/politik/international/josh-duggar-politisches-und-gesellschaftliches-debakel/11828836-3.html

Totally unrelated: Cynthia Jeub made a new post on her blog about how abusers are seen. She doesn't mention Josh or sexual abuse, but I think she makes some interesting points. Let me know if that is not the right thread to post this.

Thanks for posting the link :)

very good article with lots of background knowledge...

makes me wonder if the author is reading here? 8-)

So I know people were speculating in the last thread that Holt had violated mandated reporter laws? But if people are already contacting news outlets by directly e-mailing them isn't it also relevant to discuss that he may be connected to one of the victims?

In fact, this information not being discussed may actually serve to out the victim. I'm not sure we know that he violated mandated reporting laws considering the possibility potentially that he considered the police already involved? But if the news media runs with this story that may ultimately put the girl at the forefront.

I'm more interested in the fact that Hold worked as a counselor for underage sexual offenders at Piney Ridge? WTF does that have to do with any of is vocational interests and its weird that its another random connection to underage sex abuse.

Again, feel free to censure me if I'm off base. I do tend to shoot from the hip when on the internet commenting which is why I basically lurked here for so long.

Off Topic:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the newbies who register here are "blanket trained"? By that I mean we get a verbal slap the second we crawl off the FJ rule blanket.

Maybe that's why, after about 30 posts you get the level header "blanket trained."

Part of the problem, I think, is that so many of us have been on here for so long and know so much that we get exasperated with newbies who ask "searchable" questions. And, as has been pointed out, the mods have clearly posted a list of Does and Don'ts, and several newbies have so obviously not read the list that we just get downright annoyed. We're not generally mean, though, except an occasional spat among oldtimers.

OT to the Holt discussion, but relevant to the cover up speculation. I've been trying to keep up and I haven't seen this posted yet. Apologies if it's a duplicate. Apparently, there are now investigations into the Arkansas DHS system:

rawstory.com/2015/05/not-just-the-duggars-arkansas-dhs-keeps-giving-christian-conservatives-a-pass-on-child-abuse/

I'd be interested to see what, if anything, these investigations turn up.

So I know people were speculating in the last thread that Holt had violated mandated reporter laws? But if people are already contacting news outlets by directly e-mailing them isn't it also relevant to discuss that he may be connected to one of the victims?

In fact, this information not being discussed may actually serve to out the victim. I'm not sure we know that he violated mandated reporting laws considering the possibility potentially that he considered the police already involved? But if the news media runs with this story that may ultimately put the girl at the forefront.

I'm more interested in the fact that Hold worked as a counselor for underage sexual offenders at Piney Ridge? WTF does that have to do with any of is vocational interests and its weird that its another random connection to underage sex abuse.

Again, feel free to censure me if I'm off base. I do tend to shoot from the hip when on the internet commenting which is why I basically lurked here for so long.

Evidence suggests he was a chaplain at Piney Ridge, not a counselor.

Hi, thanks for the answer. I'm not offended and am quite snarky myself. I just think older members need to be cognisant of the fact that this forum is not easy to navigate for new users. The GUI is based off a 1998 message board. And there is an OVER-ABUNDANCE of text in every corner of this site. Nothing really stood out for me. I see the warning now (duh), but before I was flying through pages using the ctrl+F feature to search for keywords. So I wasn't even really looking at the beginning of the threads. A little understanding goes a looooooong way

Off Topic:

Nicely done! I still can't quite figure out how to break links correctly...

Archived