IGNORED

Everything Josh Duggar, Child Molester - Part 7

happy atheist

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but I can't get past it. I pulled this post from Part 6:

Is this woman's full name really a cutsie spelling for "Barbecue"? Please tell me that the quoted website just got that wrong.

Spouse: Bobye Holt

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone contacted Gawker/jezebel with the Jim holt info? They'd love it. I'm on my phone so I can't

I will try - never contacted either before.

I emailed several Arkansas papers, I am nkw tracking down nwa tv news. Also contacted Cnn, fox, and msnbc and NBC news and Today.

Not so Fundie-lite after all then :lol: At least they don't try to force you into dresses and skirts. All the power to you to be working for some Fundies. I don't know if I'd be able to!

Well, I just realized exactly what they were, like today. It's not that I'm dumb, I just had no idea what a Fundie was exactly. As far as the family I work for (the company is family owned, father and son, so I literally got a whole family here) they are okay. The son is a bit more progressive I would say than the father. He is who I work with on more consistent basis. Perks: when we go out of the office together, no matter the day, he never ever ever ever expects me to pay for lunch, he is super respectful of me and there is no issue with me bringing my son to work in case of babysitting issues, and if I have an emergency, I can 100% count on his wife coming to my rescue. Cons: Language, watching things I say, I bit my tongue often, even before I knew it was a "cult" I knew some things were better left unsaid, the fact the wife is obsessed with pregnancy and with only one child, has enough children's clothing to cloth the local elementary school which she stock piles for "future children," and the extreme conservatism.

On a side note, she LOVES hearing my "When I was young and in the army..." And about my previous boyfriends. She comes to my office and just sits to listen, almost like she is living vicariously through me.

Now I understand why her and her husband never were allowed to hang out in the dorm room without the door open and a room-mate present!!!

I read an "Online People" version of the article, though I can't recall whether I got the link from here, Twitter or Tumblr. Either way, it's not hard to find the article.

The article about The Duggar's Dark Secrets? I checked out the People website - it's listed as a People Premium story at the moment. You need to subscribe in order to view it online or sign up for a free 30 day trial period. So unless you sign up and cancel the free subscription you won't be able to view it online. I think that means that posting the article in full on the internet could be a copyright infringement (I could be wrong though).

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but I can't get past it. I pulled this post from Part 6:

Is this woman's full name really a cutsie spelling for "Barbecue"? Please tell me that the quoted website just got that wrong.

I don't know why that site spelled it that way. I have always known it to be bobye.

Hi All, sorry to ask,

I'm sorry you asked too. You violated like three rules with this post and you didn't bother to read the thread.

My young co-worker (early twenties) said the same thing, practically word for word! My response was, "it's not fine for the victims."

:angry-banghead:

I agree, we have "Voxer" to speak back and forth quickly and I responded with, "But, "insert her name here" I've been reading about it and I really wanna talk to someone about it and we always talk about stuff." I got no response.

I think she'll be to the office sometime today, when I'll approach the conversation again.

I agree, we have "Voxer" to speak back and forth quickly and I responded with, "But, "insert her name here" I've been reading about it and I really wanna talk to someone about it and we always talk about stuff." I got no response.

I think she'll be to the office sometime today, when I'll approach the conversation again.

Why are you talking about child molesting fundies at work? Are you trying to get fired? Keep it on FJ.

Apropos of nothing, but I heard from the owner of fakejoshduggar.wordpress.com. He says he's not the same person as our old fakejoshduggar, but I have no way of verifying. I still would love to see him here, but he's not interested at this time.

Carry on with the Jim Holt revelations! :clap:

Well I'm the office manager, and I don't take a "lunch break" instead I take breaks when I run home (just 5 minutes away) or when the bosses wife comes down to visit, so we often talk of headlines or what's going on in town. BUT I'm surely not mentioning FJ, just going to get her reaction if she'll discuss it.

I'm sorry you asked too. You violated like three rules with this post and you didn't bother to read the thread.

This thread just started! I was directed here from another thread. I couldn't find the thread where the Jim Holt comments were initially coming from. I just keep getting lost in all these threads and can't find what I'm looking for. After 25 minutes of searching I thought I'd ask. You people are really mean

Well I'm the office manager, and I don't take a "lunch break" instead I take breaks when I run home (just 5 minutes away) or when the bosses wife comes down to visit, so we often talk of headlines or what's going on in town. BUT I'm surely not mentioning FJ, just going to get her reaction if she'll discuss it.

It's your prerogative to discuss what you feel you can at your job.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the news. Would rather my employees and coworkers discuss that than the latest episode of the Bachelor or some other nonsense that doesn't actually affect our lives like these political gothardites do.

Just my opinion of course.

Why are you talking about child molesting fundies at work? Are you trying to get fired? Keep it on FJ.

It's a current event? Or do you just mean because she works for fundies? Just thought it was an odd statement is all.

:wink-kitty:

This thread just started! I was directed here from another thread. I couldn't find the thread where the Jim Holt comments were initially coming from. I just keep getting lost in all these threads and can't find what I'm looking for. After 25 minutes of searching I thought I'd ask. You people are really mean

The issue, I imagine, is that at the top of each thread on this incident is a reminder not to speculate about the identity of the non-family victim. Whoever she is, she deserves her privacy. The fact the Duggars put themselves on TV so much that we know the identities of the family victims is bad enough.

It's your prerogative to discuss what you feel you can at your job.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the news. Would rather my employees and coworkers discuss that than the latest episode of the Bachelor or some other nonsense that doesn't actually affect our lives like these political gothardites do.

Just my opinion of course.

Well since discovering this morning that this entire company is owned and operated by Fundamentalists, I feel I'd like to explore her reaction to this situation further. They certainly aren't going to fire me for starting a discussion about, maybe terminate the discussion, but not me.

Well since discovering this morning that this entire company is owned and operated by Fundamentalists, I feel I'd like to explore her reaction to this situation further. They certainly aren't going to fire me for starting a discussion about, maybe terminate the discussion, but not me.

You're lucky there. I live in a right-to-work state, and after a supervisor searched my cubicle for voodoo dolls of her, I stopped advertising that I was Pagan at work. I discuss neither religion or politics around the water cooler now. And when my boss asked us to start using Facebook to network with our clients, I made a specific list for discussing any type of touchy subject so only my friends would see my weird opinions, not my clients.

Off Topic:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the newbies who register here are "blanket trained"? By that I mean we get a verbal slap the second we crawl off the FJ rule blanket.

Maybe that's why, after about 30 posts you get the level header "blanket trained."

:whistle:

I'm sorry you're upset, but Idolatry has a point. There is a warning box at the start of each thread concerning this subject warning posters not to speculate about the identity of the fifth victim. The box also encourages posters to read through the previous few pages of the thread before posting, just to get caught up on the current discussion. There are even links to past threads concerning this subject (check the first post on this thread - links for parts 1-6 are included there). Additionally, there is a warning on the first post not to get offended if someone calls you out on something.

If you want to know more about a particular person or event, use the Search Function at the top of the page. Type in what you want to search for (example, Holt or Duggar) and click search. It'll pop up results to threads mentioning whatever you want to know more about and it'll prevent you from asking questions that may violate any rules.

First post included below for your convenience.

Please do not start threads for every random article about this.

BREAK LINKS to non-news sources.

Do not speculate about the 5th victim (the non-Duggar). She deserves her privacy.

Keep other speculation reasonable. Yes, there were most likely other crimes committed, but a random person on the internet with a gut feeling is not the same as someone with actual knowledge, and is not going to prompt an investigation or charges.

Read before you post. Yes, the thread is moving fast, but suck it up and read at least a page or two. The conversation runs a lot more smoothly when new people aren't popping up to post the same link over and over and over. Nobody earns any prizes for being the first to post something.

And if you refuse to read the thread before you post, don't act butt-hurt when other people call you out on it.

Police Report: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26063

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26047

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26066

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26077

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26105

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26130

Part 6: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26169

People Magazine thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26184

Scandal Fallout Mega Merge thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26106

Josh, the oldest Duggar child, admitted to molesting five young girls when he was 14 years old.

It's clear that 4 of his victims were his sisters, who, at the time, ranged in age from 4 - 12.

19 Kids and Counting has been pulled from the air, but not officially cancelled (yet). A lot of advertisers are dropping out.

ETA: Just want to point out that the first part of your initial comment was fine. It was the second part that ventured into iffy territory. I promise most of us are nice enough people - if you have questions feel free to ask or private message someone who may know more. :)

You're lucky there. I live in a right-to-work state, and after a supervisor searched my cubicle for voodoo dolls of her, I stopped advertising that I was Pagan at work. I discuss neither religion or politics around the water cooler now. And when my boss asked us to start using Facebook to network with our clients, I made a specific list for discussing any type of touchy subject so only my friends would see my weird opinions, not my clients.

This is a right-to-work state as well, BUT I run everything. Sure, they could and would live without me, but not voluntarily. I do far to much for the company. I feel your pain on the Facebook thing as I often customize my list so the wife can't see my postings.

Off Topic:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the newbies who register here are "blanket trained"? By that I mean we get a verbal slap the second we crawl off the FJ rule blanket.

Maybe that's why, after about 30 posts you get the level header "blanket trained."

:whistle:

Nice seague to Duggarville. I agree.

You don't have religious freedom at work in any state if it is seen as offensive to anyone else. You should be allowed to have passive objects such as a small cross hanging from your lamp, or bible sitting on your desk. But you can't have a poster with scripture or anything overtly preachy.

I however agree that in most circumstances it is best to steer clear of Politics or religion at work unless you really know your coworkers.

Well, I read all the threads and I was still confused about precisely why people are calling on the media about Jim Holt and I had to ask. I somehow missed the Piney Ridge connection.

Ok- not to speculate, but if you read the information from the lady who attended the church and victims she references, + the elder it's all tied together.

So are people just supposed to unsee that big, fat, pink elephant in the room? Talk about this part and then skip over this part and then talk about that part. It's all connected.

In a way, that's what many people have done in terms of Josh and the Duggars for years, and now look.

The old seeing and reading but not seeing and reading is counterproductive.

I do not care about the who, I was just wondering if there were actually more incidents outside of the home.

I'll admit, I found the ramblings of the lady who attended the church hard to read.

Josh was a victim of his parents too.

And if he needed treatment for a medical ailment would they have ignored that too?

I totally get and accept that bad things happen everywhere, but how this was handled, barely skirting legal and not really helping any of the victims, but more to protect JB, is BS.

The fact that JB then went on to sell his morally superior ways and Christian family to the media, UNCONSCIONABLE.

Also, failing to protect the children within your home and give them the necessary time and individual attention that most kids need, while at the same time procreating like rabbits to continue the AND COUNTING gravy train- perverse!!!

JB's decisions were akin to the leadership of the RCC who moved offending priests around instead of dealing with the issue.

Yes, but regarding their belief system I think they were really convinced they handled it well and prayed it away.

Archived