IGNORED

Everything Josh Duggar, Child Molester - Part 7

happy atheist

!  {TEXT1}:
Please do not start threads for every random article about this.

BREAK LINKS to non-news sources.

Do not speculate about the 5th victim (the non-Duggar). She deserves her privacy.

Keep other speculation reasonable. Yes, there were most likely other crimes committed, but a random person on the internet with a gut feeling is not the same as someone with actual knowledge, and is not going to prompt an investigation or charges.

Read before you post. Yes, the thread is moving fast, but suck it up and read at least a page or two. The conversation runs a lot more smoothly when new people aren't popping up to post the same link over and over and over. Nobody earns any prizes for being the first to post something.

And if you refuse to read the thread before you post, don't act butt-hurt when other people call you out on it.

Police Report: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26063

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26047

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26066

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26077

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26105

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26130

Part 6: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26169

People Magazine thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26184

Scandal Fallout Mega Merge thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26106

Josh, the oldest Duggar child, admitted to molesting five young girls when he was 14 years old.

It's clear that 4 of his victims were his sisters, who, at the time, ranged in age from 4 - 12.

19 Kids and Counting has been pulled from the air, but not officially cancelled (yet). A lot of advertisers are dropping out.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MORIAH

Well said on your letter to Jim Holt you posted on thread 6.

I am going to email the Nwa dem gazette. I am just going to put the basic info and ask them to do some investigative reporting.

Bringing this over from Topic 6

I'm glad it's hit the Australian news sites, I've looked like a weirdo all week wanting to talk to people about the Duggars and most people in Australia have no idea who they are. Which is good. The only appeal of the Duggars here is 'only in America' or people like me who are fascinated by such things (and a few weirdos I guess) I do love that we have the irreverence here, America was founded on fundamentalism, Australia was founded on convicts and the first church ever built the convicts promptly burnt down :lol:

There is an IBLP section in Australia, actually. There's a following there. I've seen this referenced in other topics... Just not sure where at this point. I've read so many FJ topics :lol: But the website is here: iblp.org.au

I'm at work and our filter blocks Reunion.com:

relay08.reunion.com/jamesholt/

James Holt @ Reunion.com

relay08.reunion.com › ... › Holli Holt - Jill Holt

Find James Holt @ Reunion.com - Now part of Mylife. ... I am a chaplain at Piney Ridge Center which is located inside Charter Vista Behavior Hospital.

Regarding the discussion about the People magazine article:

Just want to point out that People likely isn't identifying the victims because the victims have not identified themselves. It seems to me that a lot of media outlets try not to identify victims unless the victim provides a statement or an interview with permission granted to identify them.

As for the copyright issue, I think I would err on the side of caution. I don't know enough about copyright laws to say whether posting it in full here is a copyright infringement, but I think it would be.

Regarding the discussion about the People magazine article:

Just want to point out that People likely isn't identifying the victims because the victims have not identified themselves. It seems to me that a lot of media outlets try not to identify victims unless the victim provides a statement or an interview with permission granted to identify them.

As for the copyright issue, I think I would err on the side of caution. I don't know enough about copyright laws to say whether posting it in full here is a copyright infringement, but I think it would be.

I read an "Online People" version of the article, though I can't recall whether I got the link from here, Twitter or Tumblr. Either way, it's not hard to find the article.

@MORIAH

Well said on your letter to Jim Holt you posted on thread 6.

I am going to email the Nwa dem gazette. I am just going to put the basic info and ask them to do some investigative reporting.

Thank you. I have to admit, I feel sorry for any parent who realizes their child has committed a heinous crime, and I really wish that Josh had been sent to Piney Ridge for some real treatment, which could have helped him immensely. Far too many children who act out sexually have had sexual offenses committed against them as well, and need both "sex offender" treatment as well as "sex abuse victim" therapy. I sincerely hope he has not continued to abuse children without real treatment, but hiding it did a grave disservice to everyone, including Josh himself. He deserved to get real help, not be sent to do remodeling and have his head shaved.

I have just sent off emails to several news orgs with Jim HOLT info linking to the Police Report with the AR MANDATE REQ.

Let's see if anyone picks up on it.

Here is a page from his old website in January 2004:

web.archive.org/web/20040110081818/http://jimholt.us/MoreInfo.htm

Public Service

Current Arkansas State Representative

Member of Aging, Children & Youth, Legislature & Military Affairs Committee

Member of Public Transportation Committee

Member of Joint Performance Review Committee

Member & Elder of Bible Grace Fellowship

First time poster...but I've been really into reading all these threads for the past few days. I don't know much about Fundie's or anything like that, but I think I just woke up in the twilight zone. I knew the people who owns my company were strange, but upon doing a bit of research about their schools and such, they are Fundie's! So just for giggles, I ask the wife, "What do you think about this whole Duggar thing?" She says, "Oh...I think it happened a long time ago and it's fine." That was it. She wanted to discuss it no further! I have so many opinions going through my head about it. I feel so badly for the girls involved and truly hope something great comes from all this. No new news or anything in this posting, but I had to share with SOMEONE who would understand the shock I just felt finding out these people are Fundie's. It's a small company and they treat me really fairly, but wow. Super wow. :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

Jim Holt, Republican challenger

Born: January 17, 1965; Camden, AR

Education: Attended University of Maryland

Military: U.S. Army, 1987-1996

Family: Married (Bobye Barenberg); 8 children

Hometown: Springdale, AR

Religion: Southern Baptist

Career:

U.S. Army, 1987-1996;

Youth Counselor and Chaplain, Piney Ridge Center for Juvenile Sex Offenders, 1996-99;

Arkansas State Representative, 2000-2002;

Arkansas State Senate, 2003-present

cbsnews.com/htdocs/politics/campaign2004/senate.pdf

Thank you. I have to admit, I feel sorry for any parent who realizes their child has committed a heinous crime, and I really wish that Josh had been sent to Piney Ridge for some real treatment, which could have helped him immensely. Far too many children who act out sexually have had sexual offenses committed against them as well, and need both "sex offender" treatment as well as "sex abuse victim" therapy. I sincerely hope he has not continued to abuse children without real treatment, but hiding it did a grave disservice to everyone, including Josh himself. He deserved to get real help, not be sent to do remodeling and have his head shaved.

I completely agree with you. The actions of the parents, elders and investigators are the ones who have my anger.

Josh I think is a sad product of his horrendous upbringing and I hope he got help and never even thought to do this again.

Has anyone contacted Gawker/jezebel with the Jim holt info? They'd love it. I'm on my phone so I can't

First time poster...but I've been really into reading all these threads for the past few days. I don't know much about Fundie's or anything like that, but I think I just woke up in the twilight zone. I knew the people who owns my company were strange, but upon doing a bit of research about their schools and such, they are Fundie's! So just for giggles, I ask the wife, "What do you think about this whole Duggar thing?" She says, "Oh...I think it happened a long time ago and it's fine." That was it. She wanted to discuss it no further! I have so many opinions going through my head about it. I feel so badly for the girls involved and truly hope something great comes from all this. No new news or anything in this posting, but I had to share with SOMEONE who would understand the shock I just felt finding out these people are Fundie's. It's a small company and they treat me really fairly, but wow. Super wow. :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

They might be considered Fundie-lite, which means they're not super, super into all the teachings. (Like, if the women wear pants, then they might not be a hardcore Fundie like the Duggars/Bateses/Kellers/etc.) At least they treat you well! I suppose just avoid mentioning birth control, among other topics :lol:

I completely agree with you. The actions of the parents, elders and investigators are the ones who have my anger.

Josh I think is a sad product of his horrendous upbringing and I hope he got help and never even thought to do this again.

Can you help me for a sec? I lost the thread somehow. The Jim Holt issue - is he suspecting of being the clergy cover-upper?

Can you help me for a sec? I lost the thread somehow. The Jim Holt issue - is he suspecting of being the clergy cover-upper?

Yep. It appears that he was an elder in the Duggar's church at the time of the incidents, as well as being a chaplain at Piney Ridge. That describes one of the "church elders" in the police report who knew about the abuse but did not report it to the Hotline.

They might be considered Fundie-lite, which means they're not super, super into all the teachings. (Like, if the women wear pants, then they might not be a hardcore Fundie like the Duggars/Bateses/Kellers/etc.) At least they treat you well! I suppose just avoid mentioning birth control, among other topics :lol:

The women don't wear pants, BUT I'm allowed too! They encourage the wearing of dresses in the summer for MY comfort though. Even tho I'm in the office 99% of the time alone, it is requested I always have my shoulders covered, no cleavage, nothing above the knee. It's interesting because obviously I knew their beliefs were different than mine, but upon discovering this site and reading as much as I have, I've realized they are indeed Fundies. I researched the college they attended, West Coast Baptist College, in addition to their church, and all signs point to yes.

From Holt's website in 2004:

~ Jim has been happily married ... They are members of Bible Grace Fellowship in Springdale, Ark. where he serves as an Elder. He was ordained as a minister in 1996 through the Southern Baptist Church.

web.archive.org/web/20040623085054/http://www.jimholt.us/official_bio.htm

Josh was a victim of his parents too.

And if he needed treatment for a medical ailment would they have ignored that too?

I totally get and accept that bad things happen everywhere, but how this was handled, barely skirting legal and not really helping any of the victims, but more to protect JB, is BS.

The fact that JB then went on to sell his morally superior ways and Christian family to the media, UNCONSCIONABLE.

Also, failing to protect the children within your home and give them the necessary time and individual attention that most kids need, while at the same time procreating like rabbits to continue the AND COUNTING gravy train- perverse!!!

JB's decisions were akin to the leadership of the RCC who moved offending priests around instead of dealing with the issue.

The women don't wear pants, BUT I'm allowed too! They encourage the wearing of dresses in the summer for MY comfort though. Even tho I'm in the office 99% of the time alone, it is requested I always have my shoulders covered, no cleavage, nothing above the knee. It's interesting because obviously I knew their beliefs were different than mine, but upon discovering this site and reading as much as I have, I've realized they are indeed Fundies. I researched the college they attended, West Coast Baptist College, in addition to their church, and all signs point to yes.

Not so Fundie-lite after all then :lol: At least they don't try to force you into dresses and skirts. All the power to you to be working for some Fundies. I don't know if I'd be able to!

I ask the wife, "What do you think about this whole Duggar thing?" She says, "Oh...I think it happened a long time ago and it's fine."

My young co-worker (early twenties) said the same thing, practically word for word! My response was, "it's not fine for the victims."

:angry-banghead:

Yep. It appears that he was an elder in the Duggar's church at the time of the incidents, as well as being a chaplain at Piney Ridge. That describes one of the "church elders" in the police report who knew about the abuse but did not report it to the Hotline.

And isn't he the one with the daughter the woman mentioned?

Another parent burying stuff?

:pink-shock: Was he then one of the elders in "concerned mom's" post complaining about tight blouses? Wasn't that around the same time?

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but I can't get past it. I pulled this post from Part 6:

Holt, 38, was elected to the state Senate in 2002, after serving one term in the state House of Representatives. He is a U.S. Army veteran who is a Christian youth counselor at the Piney Ridge Center in Springdale. He and his wife, Bobyecq, have "seven children who are born and another child who's not been born yet," Holt said.

Is this woman's full name really a cutsie spelling for "Barbecue"? Please tell me that the quoted website just got that wrong.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but I can't get past it. I pulled this post from Part 6:

Is this woman's full name really a cutsie spelling for "Barbecue"? Please tell me that the quoted website just got that wrong.

I thought her name was just Bobeye. That's how it's spelled on their shared personal Facebook page.

Archived