IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

i can't believe they would leave so soon after Jill's delivery. What do I know.

But, if true, and maybe it is not, Cathy will be very sad. I will feel very bad for her. Wow.

And Jessa and Bin can move to the Stonybrook House, leaving Grandma's old house for Josiah and Marjories, who are so very much too young to get married.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF they still go with the show on hold, I doubt it will be for longer than a couple of weeks and certainly not a permanent move.

i can't believe they would leave so soon after Jill's delivery. What do I know.

But, if true, and maybe it is not, Cathy will be very sad. I will feel very bad for her. Wow.

And Jessa and Bin can move to the Stonybrook House, leaving Grandma's old house for Josiah and Marjories, who are so very much too young to get married.

Well, I'd think it likely that they are only going for a few months at the most. But even that will be good for them.

It will be very telling if a film crew goes with them.

It would be very interesting. But also telling......

From the DM article linked above:

Jim Bob and Michelle are genuinely caught off guard by the revelation, according to the insider.

'Jim Bob goes sheet white. It's obvious he wasn't big on this idea and it was meant to be a dramatic moment for the show.'

I CALLED IT YESTERDAY. JB is piiiiiiissed! That's why he's been all passive aggressive and distant from the Dillards. No wonder why Jill seems so sad and uncomfortable around her family lately. Her parents are punishing her and Derick for wanting to be independent and make their own decisions about their own lives. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Poor Izzy. :(

first people were saying what garbage Jill and Derick were spouting about missionary work yet they would never do it. Now, it seems as if they might be doing it and people are not thrilled with that either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.....

I don't know if I feel okay with the fact that they are going to take Izzy to an area of the World that has just had a devastating Earthquake. I went through Katrina and although my kids were 11 and 9 at the time, they went to St. Louis to my sister's for a month to get away from the catastrophe (it was the hardest thing for me to do) but since I'm a first responder and had to work and my home did not have electricity for over 20 days, I had to do what was best for them. It took a long time to get the situation under control here, I can imagine it will take a lot longer in Nepal to get conditions back to normal. I bet there are a lot of parents who would love to get their kids out of there until things improve, so I just don't know if Izzy being there is for the best. But I think Jill and Derick will try their hardest to take good care of him.. Then Jessa deciding not to do a "theme" name thing, could this be a sign that JB and Michelle are losing some control? I'm kind of excited about this news for the girls and the fact that Joseph is going to college could be another sign that the kids are really starting to shrug off their parents control over their lives. I just hope this trend continues and that this scandal and the possibility of the show canceling does not force the children back until the control of JB and Michelle. I mean lets face it the kids now will not have as many opportunities to get out in the real world now.

first people were saying what garbage Jill and Derick were spouting about missionary work yet they would never do it. Now, it seems as if they might be doing it and people are not thrilled with that either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.....

I think it is just the fact that Izzy is so young and they are taking him to a country that is devastated by a natural disaster and will be for a long time to come. I'm excited that they are moving away from JB and Michelle's control but a little leary that they are going into an area that could have less than desirable living conditions for a newborn.

I think that if it is true, it is incredible. Takes courage with a small baby.

It is very far from Gothardites, Inc. I wonder about Derick's job. Rather soon to get unpaid leave, but he is an accountant and should always be able to find work, sooner or later.

I think that if it is true, it is incredible. Takes courage with a small baby.

It is very far from Gothardites, Inc. I wonder about Derick's job. Rather soon to get unpaid leave, but he is an accountant and should always be able to find work, sooner or later.

I have a feeling Derick, hasn't worked at Wally World for awhile. With all the filming obligations for the show and the travel they've done to different conferences and Jill having the baby, I can't imagine any company would be that generous with leave especially with someone who has very little seniority, unless of course they've been allowing him to work from home.

I think a couple going to do missionary work is quite different from a man,a woman who has just had surgery and a newborn infant going into a disaster zone to help out- If they have already left, Izzy is not even old enough to have received vaccines beyond on 1 dose of Hep B, which Jill probably declined.

I think a couple going to do missionary work is quite different from a man,a woman who has just had surgery and a newborn infant going into a disaster zone to help out- If they have already left, Izzy is not even old enough to have received vaccines beyond on 1 dose of Hep B, which Jill probably declined.

True, but, possibly, they won't be leaving until the doctor gives Jill and the baby the ok. Possibly, lol

So apparently the big news the Dillards had was they are planning to go to Nepal for missionary work. This is from the Daily Fail so take it with a grain of salt. Jill also had "health issues" after Israel's birth. Not much detail on what they are

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108207/Josiah-Duggar-Marjorie-Jackson-courting-Jessa-hears-baby-s-heartbeat-time-Jill-family-going-Nepal-missionary-work-moments-WON-T-TLC-cancels-19-Kids-Counting.html

while filming a charity scene at the Compassion Center
:lol:

I don't think Jill and Derick have any skills that will be helpful in Nepal right now. If they go, it's just to proselytize. :roll: They might 'clear some debris' for the cameras if they're rolling, but flying halfway around the world to do unskilled labor the locals can do themselves is wasteful. Praying at people who need clean water is...not a good use of anyone's time and energy.

The fact that they have a relatively fragile newborn makes it that much more ridiculous.

True, but, possibly, they won't be leaving until the doctor gives Jill and the baby the ok. Possibly, lol

I think the desire to perform missionary work comes from a lovely and compassionate place. However one doubts if they thought the logistics through, we have already seen what that could be like as the shraders go on a grifting tour through Africa. You wonder how safe a country that does not have stable structures and is on an active tectonic plate, just having two massive earthquakes, is for a couple and a newborn. Not to mention that if they are practicing quiverfull principles, there will likely be another pregnancy and baby. Had this been Derrick and Jill making the choice without being parents to a newborn or practicing quiverfull Christians then awesome have at it, but in this case it is kinda a sketchy decision.

The idea of bringing a child to another country who isn't old enough to receive many important vaccines....wow. Just...wow. Irresponsible.

My initial reaction to them going to Nepal was a positive one. Derick will definitely have to quit his job and they may be giving up the mansion to another sibling for good. Jill was definitely the biggest Kool-Aid drinker and was tied for favorite child with Josh (oops) but maybe now she's seeing the controlling, sociopathic side of her parents.

Having your first child is absolutely life changing. I was the same age as Jill when I had my first child and I wasn't prepared for the sleep deprivation, anxiety over being a perfect parent, or the sudden slap in your face reality that we are mortal and need to give our children the best shot we can. While I don't doubt that Derick loves Jill and I see them always being together, I'm sure there have been some arguments already about how they are going to raise him. I hope they do what's best for them and Izzy and not what's best for everyone else. That pissed off JB look is my favorite for all time! I may have to go against my atheist non beliefs and send some prayer up to the woman upstairs if they're actually stupid enough to take Israel to Nepal without vaccinations. Eeesshhh :hand:

I CALLED IT YESTERDAY. JB is piiiiiiissed! That's why he's been all passive aggressive and distant from the Dillards. No wonder why Jill seems so sad and uncomfortable around her family lately. Her parents are punishing her and Derick for wanting to be independent and make their own decisions about their own lives. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Poor Izzy. :(

You know, when you get married your father is no longer your keeper, your new husband is. In the grand scheme of things this 'rebellion' is small, but JB will have to get used to these things.

Also, Jill can probably be a 'real' midwife there. Might be a good thing for her to do.

I don't see the Nepal w/ a baby thing as that irresponsible, Derrick's not that stupid he'll make sure it's fine.

I think the desire to perform missionary work comes from a lovely and compassionate place. However one doubts if they thought the logistics through, we have already seen what that could be like as the shraders go on a grifting tour through Africa. You wonder how safe a country that does not have stable structures and is on an active tectonic plate, just having two massive earthquakes, is for a couple and a newborn. Not to mention that if they are practicing quiverfull principles, there will likely be another pregnancy and baby. Had this been Derrick and Jill making the choice without being parents to a newborn or practicing quiverfull Christians then awesome have at it, but in this case it is kinda a sketchy decision.

Maybe I'm shitty, but I don't. I think it comes from an arrogant, self-centered, stupid/naive place. They want to go save people who don't need it for Jesus. I can't imagine a fake midwife of Jill's level is needed much in Nepal. They are more than capable of taking care of their own and if anything they probably need actual doctors, medical supplies and medication. IMO, they don't do anything useful when on missions. They try to convert people.

I, for one, have been extremely blunt about my opinion on the type of missionary "work" Derrick and Jill are into--it's racist, culture destroying imperialism. It's why I always disliked them and thought the idea that Derrick would "liberate" Jill was preposterous. Fuck these assholes.

After Jill's questionable decisions on her delivery, she would be the LAST person I would want to see as a midwife... :naughty:

One thing I find hard to believe is that the family found out on camera--that bit makes me question the whole story.

I am not really surprised at all. One of my cousins had boots on the ground as a missionary in Afghanistan just a short while after the fall of the Taliban. His wife's family completely flipped out- understandably so since they were dragging along 3 small children.

I felt awful for the kids. Of course my family had the attitude that lots of children live over there and do just fine. :(

The episode was likely filmed before the earthquake, when they could easily find a nice place to live while they tried to change people's belief system. Now, people need more than to hear they are going to hell of they don't believe. They are already in hell. They need food, shelter and clean water. What can the Dillards do? They have no skills to help and I am not sure they want to do anything other than make people change their religion. Plus, even if they went I am sure it is for a short stint and was originally going to be filmed by TLC. Is Jill going to help everyday with Izzy strapped to her back? Who will take care of him while she is in the field? A sister who came along but is never shown?

Archived