IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Responding to things from the previous thread....

I say "little man" about baby/toddler boys. But I also have been known to say "little lady" about girls.

I'm sure to Jill, the whole birthing thing is all about her. So if Derick is nervous and needs to crack jokes? Well, too bad, Derick. It's not about you. It's pretty ridiculous.

I think it would be hard to have a very different sense of humor from your spouse.

Lucy H, we referred to our boys as little men and we also call our grandson our little man. It's just cute. We also call him our little guy, our little fellow and our little chap. It means nothing. We don't call our new granddaughter our little woman because it sounds silly. Although my Dad calls her his little lady (he's totally enamoured with her). Anyway, I think you're reading too much into it. They look like little men. It's cute. No biggie.

Well, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that giving birth is all about the mother, rather than the partner...

Izzy's weight doesn't seem weird to me but then my 8lbs, 13oz, 21" at birth son weighed 15 lbs 2 oz, 24.5" by two months. He was always in the 95% or above until he started crawling. Even now at almost 6 he's fairly tall and heavy but built skinny.

Lucy H, we referred to our boys as little men and we also call our grandson our little man. It's just cute. We also call him our little guy, our little fellow and our little chap. It means nothing. We don't call our new granddaughter our little woman because it sounds silly. Although my Dad calls her his little lady (he's totally enamoured with her). Anyway, I think you're reading too much into it. They look like little men. It's cute. No biggie.

I call my ten week old rabbit "little man". I am not favoring him because I anticipate him growing into a man, since he is not human. He is just going to grow into a larger than he is now rabbit.

I really think connecting that particular expression to the patriarchy is quite a stretch. Not everything the Duggars do has evil sexist undertones.

Well, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that giving birth is all about the mother, rather than the partner...

I suppose. But I know that while my husband wasn't the one who had the c-section...he was still very involved in everything leading up to the birth. And he was just as stressed and nervous as I was. I wouldn't fault him for dealing with the stress in his own way.

Not to mention, I imagine that birth class was a bit awkward...acting out labor and whatnot. That in and of itself would probably make a husband uncomfortable...and then to know you're being filmed. I think Derick cracking jokes is a pretty normal reaction. She could have just ignored it.

Jill's been a mom for a month, and acts like she knows everything. :roll:

Well I think that about exactly sums up the Jill hate.

If she talks at all about her own marriage / pregnancy / labor / childbirth / motherhood experience she's a smug know it all who actually knows nothing and is horribly irresponsible / lazy/ inexperienced/ stupid / reckless / attention whore.

But, of course any portion of her marriage / pregnancy/ labor / childbirth / motherhood experience that she doesn' t discuss in minute detail, with 100% recall of every moment is part of some huge cover- up / conspiracy / snow job / lie.

I can just imagine if some of the posters here had the same attitude in conversation with a new mom' they know in real life :lol:

Ms. Snoop : " Oh hey there Jill, so glad I ran in to you here at the supermarket, I haven't seen you since you had the baby! By the way are you aware you are an irresponsible idiot who is trying to kill that baby right now ? Look how you're wearing that sling - stupid girl. Here let me fix it for you. How could you be so dumb?

And my, let me get a look at that baby you almost just smothered --- Oh, dear, well , maybe he won't stay ugly. You might want to stop doing whatever stupid thing you're doing that's giving him baby acne though...it's super gross. "

Jill : " Oh, um, ok. Thanks for the tip on the baby sling Mrs. Snoop. there certainly is a lot to learn, I sure do love this little guy though!"

Mrs. Snoop : " Do you Jill? Do you? Because I was talking to your Aunt's cousins neighbor Wanda down at the Piggly Wiggly..she's an experienced health professional you know. Your Mama told her all about your labor and birth. It really sounds like you screwed that one up in every single possible way"

Jill: " Well it definitely was a very hard experience, and not at all what we expected. But ...gee..what did you hear? Mama can be kind of dramatic at times....."

Mrs. Snoop: "Well, first of all, you went in secret to see some weird secret practitioner chiro..chiro..chiropractor? Is that what it's called -- it's so " alternative" and out there that I'm sure I don't know what kind of witchcraft herby type nonsense he tried....probably just lucky it wasn't fatal - I hear those chi- ro- practitioners - grind up dead moms bones to make bread.

Of course, it's possible you just went there as a cover- up to see your disgraced midwife, who put oils up your hoo ha to get the baby to turn, since you knew it would be hard to have it in the stone circle in the woods by yourself if it was sidewise, inside out and upside down."

Jill : " oh, um, wow,.....a stone circle really wasn't part of my 1,000 page birth plan. Honest. "

Mrs. Snoop: " Honest? Oh honey, you don't know the meaning of the word! How is it honest to say you were in hard labor for 70 hours with 1 minute apart contractions the entire time, And that the baby turned at the last minute? That NEVER happens. I know because Wanda told me so. "

Jill: " oh, um, well, I never said the contractions were 1 minute apart the entire time. Goodness. And it was after I was at the hospital for awhile that the Dr. did an ultrasound and said he turned...so, I don't know what to say to that..."

Mrs. Snoop: " How could the Dr. figure that out when you refused to let him examine you? Huh? Got a smart mouth answer for that little missy? "

Jill : " But, but, that's just not true! Look I have a video right here on my phone....here' s me talking to the Dr...."

Mrs. Snoop: " Hmmmphh ...Clearly edited. Where are your videos of your internal exams? Where's the photo of this so called " faint" meconium staining? Proof or it's a lie! "

Jill: " okay, well, I kind of have to go now Mrs. Snoop. Izzy is getting kind of hungry, it's time to go nurse him"

Mrs. Snoop: " I see that you don't want to continue this discussion because you are caught in your web of deceit and your smug, Stonehenge style au natural birth turned out to be a massive and bitter disappointment -- just looking at you it's clear you are on the verge of a breakdown, you're such a mess. Poor thing. Nice chatting with you dear. You and that ugly baby run along now. Oh, and breastfeeding, I'm sure you're doing that wrong too. Bless your heart."

Jill: " Bless your heart too Mrs. Snoop"

My younger son was 8lbs,2oz at birth and 22 inches long. He and his older brother were off the charts in both height and weight. I know that by a year he was 32 lbs, quadrupuling his birth weight. People thought he was a few years older because he was so big. Now he's 24 and 6 ft, 5 inches tall, so he's huge but lean, not heavy at all, and his brother is 6 feet and skinny. Their son was very long at birth so I suspect he's going to be very tall.

My younger son was 8lbs,2oz at birth and 22 inches long. He and his older brother were off the charts in both height and weight. I know that by a year he was 32 lbs, quadrupuling his birth weight. People thought he was a few years older because he was so big. Now he's 24 and 6 ft, 5 inches tall, so he's huge but lean, not heavy at all, and his brother is 6 feet and skinny. Their son was very long at birth so I suspect he's going to be very tall.

And isn't Derick pretty tall? It looks it. I think I recall reading that Jill is something like 5'7" which isn't super tall or anything but it's not short either.

I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but WHAT IS WITH THE CONSTANT SWADDLING OF IZZY??? :angry-banghead:

I'm sorry, but the child looks so confined and uncomfortable at times, particuarly in her Mother's Day message to j'chelle. Let him wriggle and be free!!

#FreeIzzy :lol:

I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but WHAT IS WITH THE CONSTANT SWADDLING OF IZZY??? :angry-banghead:

I'm sorry, but the child looks so confined and uncomfortable at times, particuarly in her Mother's Day message to j'chelle. Let him wriggle and be free!!

Some babies respond well to swaddling; that's why people do it and have done it for ages.

Some babies respond well to swaddling; that's why people do it and have done it for ages.

Although appropriate for resting/sleeping, swaddling is not developmentally appropriate beyond the initial newborn period. In fact, in many NICUs, once a baby reaches term, corrected age, we would stop swaddling- arms would be free, beds would be flat and infants would be placed on their backs at all times.

I think I should add this, verbatim, to my hypothetical Mrs. Snoop conversation above. :roll:

Some infants like to be swaddled. They seem to find it calming and comforting.

Some infants do not. They seem find it confining and irritating.

This is what I say to my 5 year old granddaughter if she is bugged that her cousin doesn't like the book/game/food/show that granddaughter wants :

Different people like different things, and that's okay.

Also, if we are goimg to start analyzing newborn Izzy's facial expressions the way we do Jana's or Jessa's ---- this should be hilarious :lol: :popcorn2:

LOL- at the people who pick apart comments from people commenting RE their own opinions of the Duggars.

Because picking apart comments from posters, who are picking apart the Duggars' words and actions is somehow virtuous. Maybe this how the statement Pot*Kettle* Black was born-

Seems some people have problems keeping comments on the Duggar board about the Duggars. LOL.

Although appropriate for resting/sleeping, swaddling is not developmentally appropriate beyond the initial newborn period. In fact, in many NICUs, once a baby reaches term, corrected age, we would stop swaddling- arms would be free, beds would be flat and infants would be placed on their backs at all times.

Except some babies like it and fuss if not swaddled. Ffs I swear she could have done everything exactly right and there'd still be snark about the color of his blanket.

LOL- at the people who pick apart comments from people commenting RE their own opinions of the Duggars.

Because picking apart comments from posters, who are picking apart the Duggars' words and actions is somehow virtuous. Maybe this how the statement Pot*Kettle* Black was born-

Seems some people have problems keeping comments on the Duggar board about the Duggars. LOL.

Ah, you make a good point, Sassy. But Mama Mia is correct in saying that it doesn't seem to matter what Jill does, she is crucified either way. I guess everyone has their own opinions and this board allows them to be expressed. Sometimes it seems like someone here will post a thought or observation and that somehow becomes proof of negligence on Jill and Derick's part. I guess rampant speculation is part and parcel here but sometimes it does get a little out of hand.

I think I should add this, verbatim, to my hypothetical Mrs. Snoop conversation above. :roll:

Some infants like to be swaddled. They seem to find it calming and comforting.

Some infants do not. They seem find it confining and irritating.

This is what I say to my 5 year old granddaughter if she is bugged that her cousin doesn't like the book/game/food/show that granddaughter wants :

Different people like different things, and that's okay.

Also, if we are goimg to start analyzing newborn Izzy's facial expressions the way we do Jana's or Jessa's ---- this should be hilarious :lol: :popcorn2:

To be fair, in the photo where he has on the rather adorable OSU onesie, he has that Duggar "can you believe this shit" eyeroll/head-tilt down pat at one month old.

Well I think that about exactly sums up the Jill hate.

If she talks at all about her own marriage / pregnancy / labor / childbirth / motherhood experience she's a smug know it all who actually knows nothing and is horribly irresponsible / lazy/ inexperienced/ stupid / reckless / attention whore.

But, of course any portion of her marriage / pregnancy/ labor / childbirth / motherhood experience that she doesn' t discuss in minute detail, with 100% recall of every moment is part of some huge cover- up / conspiracy / snow job / lie.

I can just imagine if some of the posters here had the same attitude in conversation with a new mom' they know in real life :lol:

Ms. Snoop : " Oh hey there Jill, so glad I ran in to you here at the supermarket, I haven't seen you since you had the baby! By the way are you aware you are an irresponsible idiot who is trying to kill that baby right now ? Look how you're wearing that sling - stupid girl. Here let me fix it for you. How could you be so dumb?

And my, let me get a look at that baby you almost just smothered --- Oh, dear, well , maybe he won't stay ugly. You might want to stop doing whatever stupid thing you're doing that's giving him baby acne though...it's super gross. "

Jill : " Oh, um, ok. Thanks for the tip on the baby sling Mrs. Snoop. there certainly is a lot to learn, I sure do love this little guy though!"

Mrs. Snoop : " Do you Jill? Do you? Because I was talking to your Aunt's cousins neighbor Wanda down at the Piggly Wiggly..she's an experienced health professional you know. Your Mama told her all about your labor and birth. It really sounds like you screwed that one up in every single possible way"

Jill: " Well it definitely was a very hard experience, and not at all what we expected. But ...gee..what did you hear? Mama can be kind of dramatic at times....."

Mrs. Snoop: "Well, first of all, you went in secret to see some weird secret practitioner chiro..chiro..chiropractor? Is that what it's called -- it's so " alternative" and out there that I'm sure I don't know what kind of witchcraft herby type nonsense he tried....probably just lucky it wasn't fatal - I hear those chi- ro- practitioners - grind up dead moms bones to make bread.

Of course, it's possible you just went there as a cover- up to see your disgraced midwife, who put oils up your hoo ha to get the baby to turn, since you knew it would be hard to have it in the stone circle in the woods by yourself if it was sidewise, inside out and upside down."

Jill : " oh, um, wow,.....a stone circle really wasn't part of my 1,000 page birth plan. Honest. "

Mrs. Snoop: " Honest? Oh honey, you don't know the meaning of the word! How is it honest to say you were in hard labor for 70 hours with 1 minute apart contractions the entire time, And that the baby turned at the last minute? That NEVER happens. I know because Wanda told me so. "

Jill: " oh, um, well, I never said the contractions were 1 minute apart the entire time. Goodness. And it was after I was at the hospital for awhile that the Dr. did an ultrasound and said he turned...so, I don't know what to say to that..."

Mrs. Snoop: " How could the Dr. figure that out when you refused to let him examine you? Huh? Got a smart mouth answer for that little missy? "

Jill : " But, but, that's just not true! Look I have a video right here on my phone....here' s me talking to the Dr...."

Mrs. Snoop: " Hmmmphh ...Clearly edited. Where are your videos of your internal exams? Where's the photo of this so called " faint" meconium staining? Proof or it's a lie! "

Jill: " okay, well, I kind of have to go now Mrs. Snoop. Izzy is getting kind of hungry, it's time to go nurse him"

Mrs. Snoop: " I see that you don't want to continue this discussion because you are caught in your web of deceit and your smug, Stonehenge style au natural birth turned out to be a massive and bitter disappointment -- just looking at you it's clear you are on the verge of a breakdown, you're such a mess. Poor thing. Nice chatting with you dear. You and that ugly baby run along now. Oh, and breastfeeding, I'm sure you're doing that wrong too. Bless your heart."

Jill: " Bless your heart too Mrs. Snoop"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, you make a good point, Sassy. But Mama Mia is correct in saying that it doesn't seem to matter what Jill does, she is crucified either way. I guess everyone has their own opinions and this board allows them to be expressed. Sometimes it seems like someone here will post a thought or observation and that somehow becomes proof of negligence on Jill and Derick's part. I guess rampant speculation is part and parcel here but sometimes it does get a little out of hand.

Can I please just say that I wasn't picking apart Jill's parenting, or implying negligence with my post about the swaddling, it was just an observation because it is not a practice done where I live. Nor did I intend to irk anyone and cause a whole debate. In future I'll keep my observations to myself... :shifty: sorry if I've offended anyone :shock:

Can I please just say that I wasn't picking apart Jill's parenting, or implying negligence with my post about the swaddling, it was just an observation because it is not a practice done where I live. Nor did I intend to irk anyone and cause a whole debate. In future I'll keep my observations to myself... :shifty: sorry if I've offended anyone :shock:

I am sorry, but no, you do not need to keep your observations to yourself. Your observations are as valid as anyone's who posts here. An opinion is just that, and you are allowed to share your POV just as well as anyone else.

Such is the nature of being a product that people consume, assess, evaluate and even dissect.

Jill is the new coffee pot on the market, the car just released and the new restaurant down the road- customers will watch and then form an opinion of that product. Of course POVs will vary. Living your life and earning your income via public consumption is a tough gig.

Jill, like all the adult Duggars, is free to make other choices. I certainly would.

I am sorry, but no, you do not need to keep your observations to yourself. Your observations are as valid as anyone's who posts here. An opinion is just that, and you are allowed to share your POV just as well as anyone else.

Thank you Sassy :)

Hahaha. Just to make sure the daft-fuckiness gets into the new thread.

Carry on now :lol:

Archived