IGNORED

Michelle and Jim Bob invade Georgia for teh baybeez

Buzzard

I thought the kid was Josiah but some are saying its Jason, which one is he? I wonder how much they were paid to turn out for this and how many people attended this event. Was this family traveling the country 4 or 5 years ago to speak out about abortion? I am wondering if they have taken up this cause because this is turning into Josh's new job as a lobbyist since gay marriage will be passed.

That is Jason. In Josiah's dapper hand-me-downs.

https://www.pinterest.com/TheDuggarsForev/jason/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to go back to cpsfriends.org/register-attend-cps-fundraising-banquet/ so that I could save it to the wayback machine. I had to hold my nose to do it. :D From that page, I was able to click through to this one: secure.ministrysync.com/ministrysync/event/home.php?e=9236 which was linked in the OP but the link didn't/doesn't work by itself; idk.

Featured guests were "The Duggars," time and place were listed, but the ticket price was not. This link-- cpsfriends.org/dinner-tlcs-favorite-reality-couple-duggars/ --seeks 'table hosts' to invite 10 friends to the banquet who will be asked to donate. Table hosts eat free! 8-) They wanted 80 table hosts, i.e., 800 potential donors. This seems like a terrible way to raise funds and I hope they failed miserably. Shouldn't they be charging a set price at the time of registration. These people are stupid, and I'm glad.

Promotional poster:

F8h4F79.jpg

I appreciate this is by no means the point of that revolting poster, but... Mercator projection??? Ewww!

edit: the Pacific is suddenly a lot larger, too

I appreciate this is by no means the point of that revolting poster, but... Mercator projection??? Ewww!

edit: the Pacific is suddenly a lot larger, too

I love this comment, lol

On the poster, what is apparently meant to be light shining on the baby, actually looks like a plastic bag. One more thing about this that's awful.

When these people actually start giving a damn about people on welfare, women who have suffered from emotional/physical/sexual abuse, and a variety of other social justice issues then maybe ill take what they have to say seriously. Honestly they spend so much time worrying about people of the same sex getting married or a woman having an abortion (for reason they just assume are "trivial" or "cruel") issues that in the long run will NOT have any negative affects on this country rather than issues that actually negatively effect families.

I swear, if one more fundie compares abortion to the Holocaust I'm going to flip my Jewish lid.... (I'm sure they've already done in the time it has taken me to type this sentence :::sigh:::)

Agreed. I can't imagine being that concerned with the status of other people's genitals and other reproductive organs. *shudder*

To be fair, these lunatics are obsessed with the reproductive organs of those in their own inner circles, and their ministry/television show is largely predicated on promoting the current status and contents of their own reproductive organs to the masses. And for whatever reason, they just find it completely normal to obsess over perfect strangers and attempt to pass laws as to what they can and can't do with their own genitalia and reproductive organs.

*shudders* :? I'll be getting out the brain bleach now. :disgust:

I swear, if one more fundie compares abortion to the Holocaust I'm going to flip my Jewish lid.... (I'm sure they've already done in the time it has taken me to type this sentence :::sigh:::)

I agree Emme (although I don't have a Jewish lid). I wish that a Holocaust group would speak out about the use of any Holocaust pictures placed on the abortion propaganda. They need to stop associating the two as there are too fundamentalist differences in them.

I agree Emme (although I don't have a Jewish lid). I wish that a Holocaust group would speak out about the use of any Holocaust pictures placed on the abortion propaganda. They need to stop associating the two as there are too fundamentalist differences in them.

fundies use so many things as compared to the holocaust.

we need to make christians accountable for all of the babies and children that have starved to death because they won't allow birth control. this is something that is so horrible to me their so called morals are more important than children lives.

Why won't JimChelle help the poor.. Instead of worrying about a female getting a medical procedure

The ADL does speak out against large events or things that make the comparison, like Ray Comfort's 180 video. That doesn't stop anybody.

we need to make christians accountable for all of the babies and children that have starved to death because they won't allow birth control. this is something that is so horrible to me their so called morals are more important than children lives.

:text-+1:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

but just have to say, it's the anti-welfare fundies that are the problem. Many Christians including myself agree with birth control, maybe not necessarily late abortions, but for sure we need to support contraception and give assistance to the poor.

In many developing countries, child beggars are a major problem because of the lack of family planning services. Many families simply have too many kids and some of them are just kicked out to find their own way and in other instances, the families sell their children for money. In many cases, these children are forced into criminal gangs, akin to Fagin's gang in "Oliver Twist" and some are even abused to the point of being handicapped because the adults in charge know that crippled children will bring in extra money. For all of our problems here in the US, we haven't had child beggars here for decades because of increased access to contraception, abortion, and education. I wish someone would ask the Duggars what they would do to end child begging, but I'm sure their only answer would be to hand out Bibles. :roll:

Particularly when they are also anti-BC.

AGREED. When it gets down to it, all they actually care about is punishing women for having sex. And control over our own bodies.

If they really wanted to "support life" or whatever, they'd be working for causes that actually help get at the root of abortions--things like raising minimum wage or supporting access to healthcare, food, shelter and education. And birth control.

(And they'd also understand that some women just don't want to be mothers and that abortion isn't an easy choice, but that it is a perfectly legitimate one to make. And that it's the right decision for some people.)

A 10-year-old girl in Paraguay was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant. The country she lives in has denied her an abortion. (Presently there are some human rights groups pleading her case) I would like to hear the Duggar take on this situation. I would also like their take on the situation that occurred in Ireland about a year ago where the woman was denied an abortion and subsequently died. The fetus was killing her yet they could not do anything about it because of the strict anti-abortion laws in Ireland. I believe Ireland did make a change in the after the uproar involving this woman.

The event was at the galleria, which is a pretty large venue. Had I known about this in advance I definitely would have put on my best jean skirt and attended. That being said, they didnt promote it very well. I'd be shocked if they had more than 150 people.

For an issue that the Duggars care so much about, you'd think they would post it somewhere so the humpers could pay their money, come out, and see them... Unless there was something we werent supposed to see...

A 10-year-old girl in Paraguay was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant. The country she lives in has denied her an abortion. (Presently there are some human rights groups pleading her case) I would like to hear the Duggar take on this situation.

Publicly, they would pretend to be outrage while continuing to claim all lives are precious and need to be protected. Privately, they'd discuss the fact that the 10 year-old obviously tempted the Step-Father somehow - probably by showing her knees or something equally idiotic. :ew:

The event was at the galleria, which is a pretty large venue. Had I known about this in advance I definitely would have put on my best jean skirt and attended. That being said, they didnt promote it very well. I'd be shocked if they had more than 150 people.

For an issue that the Duggars care so much about, you'd think they would post it somewhere so the humpers could pay their money, come out, and see them... Unless there was something we werent supposed to see...

Some unedited honesty like what happened to Mitt?

Fake charitable donation? Random lecture on women submitting? Pimping their son out to a local politician for marriage to his daughter?

Its so unduggarlike to attend an event and not have ANY internet posts about it.

A 10-year-old girl in Paraguay was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant. The country she lives in has denied her an abortion. (Presently there are some human rights groups pleading her case) I would like to hear the Duggar take on this situation. I would also like their take on the situation that occurred in Ireland about a year ago where the woman was denied an abortion and subsequently died. The fetus was killing her yet they could not do anything about it because of the strict anti-abortion laws in Ireland. I believe Ireland did make a change in the after the uproar involving this woman.

I don't know that you'd get a 100% clear answer, but there is no way they'd say yes to an abortion for the girl in Paraguay.

Duggar response, it's so sad she was raped what did she do wrong to deserve it? Every child no matter how it's conceived it's a gift from the Lord. If she doesn't want the baby we'll take it and care for it. :ew:

I don't know that you'd get a 100% clear answer, but there is no way they'd say yes to an abortion for the girl in Paraguay.

Sadly you are right because most "pro-life" people rarely care about the quality of life when it comes to a mother. It is disgusting that "pro-life" people would treat the life of a 10 year old child so casually, but it is because most of them only care about a fetus.

secure.ministrysync.com/ministrysync/event/home.php?e=9236

Last night Cobb pregnancy services (https://www.facebook.com/cobbpregnancy) had a fundraiser to continue their assault on women's rights. Guess who was the keynote speaker? Yup, Michelle and Boob Duggar! Love the flyer that depicts the holocaust (link above), this place is totally up their alley.

Abortion is equal to the holocaust and segregation... who knew? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I've found a few public pictures using #prolifecommunity. Is that Josiah? No sign of Jessa and Ben, guess it wasnt high enough on his fire and brimstone list to attend.

[attachment=1]duggarcobb.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]duggarcobb2.jpg[/attachment]

I've never heard of this organization before and they have less than 400 likes on their facebook page. I wonder how they landed the Duggars and what horrors are in store for the city as they remain here!

I lived in Cobb Co. for many years, and there were no extremist groups when I was there. Left a decade ago, guess the hate groups and pushy people are taking over. I worked on a maternity unit in the largest corporate- owned hospital in Cobb Co., and we had MANY women inpatients for medical or surgical termination of pregnancies in late 2nd Trimester and some who were 3rd Trimester. Usually due to fetal problems but we didn't always know, and no right to lifers ever bothered us at all.

I'm pissed as hell that this has happened in Cobb County. It was always the more genteel part of suburban Atlanta. Guess it's not now. :(

Archived