IGNORED

Michelle and Jim Bob invade Georgia for teh baybeez

Buzzard

Sadly you are right because most "pro-life" people rarely care about the quality of life when it comes to a mother. It is disgusting that "pro-life" people would treat the life of a 10 year old child so casually, but it is because most of them only care about a fetus.

They'd probably say it was a horrible tragedy, but that the girl should be thankful for the miracle of life that resulted. Basically, make lemons out of lemonade. Ugh. Cringing just typing that.

I grew up surrounded by pro-life bullshit, and it took me a long time to get over it. Now that's why I'm so angry about groups like this. My home state has a high rate of teen pregnancy and poverty, because once girls get pregnant, their only option is to carry it to term and either adopt it out or keep it. Because if they get an abortion, they'll feel like a murderer, because that's what has been drilled into their heads all their life: If you have the sex, you should be willing to pay the consequences. Yes, a baby is considered a consequence. Don't have sex unless you're willing to risk that.

I think adults should be able to talk about what happens if they get pregnant, but that includes all options. In a lot of places, though, due to all the pro-life billboards and lack of access (Texas shut down a lot of clinics that only gave Pap smears and other necessary services, but the "pro-lifers" gloated anyway because in their minds, Planned Parenthood is all evil), if you get pregnant, you have to carry it or try to find an illegal abortion. Unless you're rich.

The people pushing to outlaw abortion have to know rich women would still be able to get an abortion if they really wanted it. But the poor women wouldn't. It's a war on both women and poor people.

Once I realized I was pro-choice, I became legitimately terrified. If a woman has no control over her body, then she has no control over her life, and that's just how some people want it. Saying a woman who has sex deserves to have a baby is screwed up beyond all belief (I'm sure the child will be happy to know he was Mom's punishment), but it's really common. The idea of women as trustworthy beings capable of making their own choices scares the tar out of some people.

All this has me tempted to donate to Planned Parenthood in honor of the Duggars....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in Cobb Co. for many years, and there were no extremist groups when I was there. Left a decade ago, guess the hate groups and pushy people are taking over. I worked on a maternity unit in the largest corporate- owned hospital in Cobb Co., and we had MANY women inpatients for medical or surgical termination of pregnancies in late 2nd Trimester and some who were 3rd Trimester. Usually due to fetal problems but we didn't always know, and no right to lifers ever bothered us at all.

I'm pissed as hell that this has happened in Cobb County. It was always the more genteel part of suburban Atlanta. Guess it's not now. :(

Cobb Pregnancy Services just posted on their facebook page (in response to a question) that the pictures from the "event" will be posted here sometime today (tuesday).

jdtyre.com/CPSBanquet15

It isnt live as of right now, but I'm quite interested to see the pics.

On the poster, what is apparently meant to be light shining on the baby, actually looks like a plastic bag. One more thing about this that's awful.

NOOOO! They should not be allowed in Georgia! We are finally starting to get our shit together on some topics. They finally signed off on medical marijuana (I think just the oil stuff for epileptics, but its a start!)

Cobb county used to be much more liberal but this shit fest is not good publicity for the county or state.

If i had known, I would have thrown on a frumper and put on my best "sweet" face and shown up in full baby talk mode to try and out-duggar the duggars. I would have taken pictures and everything.

Seriously, the next time they are in Georgia PLEASE let me know about it ahead of time and I will be the token martyr to gather the snark. The snarkmartyr.

Who is doing third trimester abortions at that location?

Doctors, probably.

Patient-wise: third-trimester abortions are most often because of a medical crisis, not for giggles. (I can't say I've ever heard of someone getting an abortion for fun, really.)

Doctors, probably.

Patient-wise: third-trimester abortions are most often because of a medical crisis, not for giggles. (I can't say I've ever heard of someone getting an abortion for fun, really.)

Who is the physician? I am surprised they have someone. Only a handful are trained to do these procedures. They are technically very challenging.

Who is the physician? I am surprised they have someone. Only a handful are trained to do these procedures. They are technically very challenging.

I couldn't tell you, since I'm in North Carolina, but I know that doctors who will provide abortions often don't advertise the fact on the hospital's or clinic's website. Nobody wants George Tiller's fate.

post-315-14452000204629_thumb.jpg

I wonder if Panerra knows that they are donating food to support anti choice propaganda...

I lived in Cobb Co. for many years, and there were no extremist groups when I was there. Left a decade ago, guess the hate groups and pushy people are taking over. I worked on a maternity unit in the largest corporate- owned hospital in Cobb Co., and we had MANY women inpatients for medical or surgical termination of pregnancies in late 2nd Trimester and some who were 3rd Trimester. Usually due to fetal problems but we didn't always know, and no right to lifers ever bothered us at all.

I'm pissed as hell that this has happened in Cobb County. It was always the more genteel part of suburban Atlanta. Guess it's not now. :(

No, it is not. :/ My mother had a late term abortion (not sure how late, but I know it was pretty late) around 1990 in Cobb... I'm from Cobb. Wasn't in town for this, but I wouldn't have gone anyway because I would have been too embarrassed to be seen near anti-choicers/probably would have seen a bunch of people I know (gag! gag! gag!). Cobb is definitely not "the more genteel part of suburban Atlanta" anymore.

[attachment=0]cpsbread.jpg[/attachment]

I wonder if Panerra knows that they are donating food to support anti choice propaganda...

I wonder which Panera it is... I would totally go tell them.

There are now 185 terrible pictures (everyone looks shiny and sweaty) live at

jdtyre.com/CPSBanquet15

185 pictures, many are duplicates, so lets say 150 pictures... generally 2 guests in each picture SO... 300 people showed up to meet the pro life crusaders of the christian world? Not so impressive, Michelle.

Is this Venessa???

[attachment=0]venessa.jpg[/attachment]

Nope, sorry. That's not Venessa.

This gem needs a caption

[attachment=0]captionme.jpg[/attachment]

"I can see down your shirt, lol"

"Does this turn you on?"

I'm not very good at captions, hehe.

Nope, sorry. That's not Venessa.

"I can see down your shirt, lol"

"Does this turn you on?"

I'm not very good at captions, hehe.

Speaking of "does this turn you on?", they never used to say things like this. They boast about modesty and I like modesty myself, but they are drifting from their original value base. He probably thinks if he says something risque that they will get greater ratings.

This gem needs a caption

[attachment=0]captionme.jpg[/attachment]

"someone's taking a professional photo... assume the JFK cold war persona cuz that's gonna be our next wildly inappropriate historical comparison to abortion..."

or, alternately:

"dang, it's time to get Mama a new crimper"

Archived