IGNORED

Jill Giving Princess Kate Advice

ljohnson2006

This is People Mag just reaching out for Duggar fanbase and Kate followers to sell more mags. Didn't think anything of what Jill had to say other than it was positive.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a link for video advice from Snooki for Princess Kate. So I don't think this was Jill's thing at all.

Many pregnant women want to pass on details of their experience. Even to women that aren't pregnant. Personally I like Kate a lot. She and prince William will bring a new insight. The royal family have always been in the military and served their country. Even the Queen refused to leave London during WWII And drove for the forces. Sorry for the majestic rant.

Kate was smart and never really officially announced her due date for this baby. For all we know, she's right on time... :dance:

I'm more amused by the thought that Jill, with one baby under her belt, has some kind of sage advice to give to Kate, who has been a mom for a whole year already.

Many pregnant women want to pass on details of their experience. Even to women that aren't pregnant. Personally I like Kate a lot. She and prince William will bring a new insight. The royal family have always been in the military and served their country. Even the Queen refused to leave London during WWII And drove for the forces. Sorry for the majestic rant.

Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, famously said when urged to evacuate the children to Canada "The children will not leave without me. I will not leave without the King and the King will never leave."

The article I read didn't seem to match the title ...

All I saw was Jill sympathising and telling people to STFU and leave the Duchess alone. She didn't say anything to Catherine specifically.

Ever notice when there's discussion about someone's pregnancy/birth, some people seem to have to share every excruciating detail about their own experience(s)? Michele seems to be that way - always bringing up her own pregnancy/birth stories, whether anyone was interested or not.

It happens all the time on Facebook and comments under online articles - there's a sub-sector of women who have to detail every nuance of their child(ren)'s birth(s), whether their story has anything to do with the story being discussed.

Chalk it up to human nature and not just women. Every bride I have ever known has had to suffer through countless wedding stories from those around her despite the idea her big day should actually be about her. Same thing with funerals. You mention you just went to one and you get half a dozen stories from other people who recently lost a friend or loved one. Don't even get me started on people and their surgical stories!

I'm pretty sure Kate has world class doctors. She's not going to try a home bathtub (or toilet) birth and she sure as hell wouldn't linger for 70 hours in stalled labor. Kate was blessed with common sense, and can probably follow a recipe. Not to mention she has nannies, cooks, and other help. She's good, Jill.

Ever notice when there's discussion about someone's pregnancy/birth, some people seem to have to share every excruciating detail about their own experience(s)? Michele seems to be that way - always bringing up her own pregnancy/birth stories, whether anyone was interested or not.

It happens all the time on Facebook and comments under online articles - there's a sub-sector of women who have to detail every nuance of their child(ren)'s birth(s), whether their story has anything to do with the story being discussed.

Yes. All the time. You mention baby and suddenly it's...well when I was having my twins...blah blah blah

I loved Jill's advice. She told people to leave expectant mothers alone and she didn't mention Jesus. Way to go, Jill! All that due date stuff is crap anyway, pregnancy is around 40 weeks, it's an estimate, everyone's body is different and every child comes when they are meant to.

People are just trying to make conversation.

If people ignored the Duggars, their show and money would be gone.

Is that the option they would prefer?

ETA- Hey Jill, you're the worker, we're the customer. I know that worker status is foreign to you, but generally speaking, workers get to hold their tongues, as the customer is considered first in the equation.

I love everyone's use of 'Princess Kate'. You never hear that in the UK :)

Probably because it is the wrong term. Duchess, for heaven's sake and also she isn't a Princess in her own right. :lol:

*EDIT: Worded it a bit different.

Probably because it is the wrong term. Duchess, for heaven's sake and also she isn't a Princess in her own right. :lol:

*EDIT: Worded it a bit different.

Isn't Duchess actually a higher rank than a non-HRH princess? So the Duchess of Cambridge's son, Prince George, would not outrank her.

On a sidenote, I saw the title of this thread and wondered who Kate was; I misinterpreted the ' Princess' as a slight, like 'Princess Jessa'. I was wondering what fundie family had a Kate :lol:

Not sure, I'm no expert on that. Not a Kate fan too. I don't dislike her, but also I don't really care. I love Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden a lot. :-)

I think Duchess is higher. But it is complicated. Better you curtsy to everyone. :lol:

When she is with William, she outranks a Princess I think. When she is not, the Princess (only if by birth) outranks her. But I could be totally wrong. In theory she is also styled as Princess William, because she married him. Like Jessa as Mrs Ben Seewald. Something like that.

Not sure, I'm no expert on that. Not a Kate fan too. I don't dislike her, but also I don't really care. I love Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden a lot. :-)

I think Duchess is higher. But it is complicated. Better you curtsy to everyone. :lol:

When she is with William, she outranks a Princess I think. When she is not, the Princess (only if by birth) outranks her. But I could be totally wrong. In theory she is also styled as Princess William, because she married him. Like Jessa as Mrs Ben Seewald. Something like that.

The bolded sounds like a solid strategy :P

I don't know a whole lot about it, either; I'm one of them horrible people who thinks we should do away with the great British institution :P

Would Jill even know who Kate is?

Alyssa Bates seemed to have an obsession with Kate judging by her pinterest and stuff. So anything is possible lol.

Reminds me when they were asked a question about miley cyrus and justin bieber.

Crown Princess Victoria is a princess in her own right, and heir to a throne. She definitely outranks a duchess who is only a duchess through marriage. I believe Kate outranks only the wives of various princes and dukes, which aren't many, but definitely no princesses or duchesses in their own right, except Duchess Camilla.

So she outranks Countess Sophie (wife of Prince Edward) but not Anne the Princess Royal or Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, or Lady Louise, who is technically a princess, and Sophie's daughter.

It's complicated.

The bolded sounds like a solid strategy :P

I don't know a whole lot about it, either; I'm one of them horrible people who thinks we should do away with the great British institution :P

I think a major reason I really want to visit the UK one day are the Royals, so I do think they bring more than they cost. I hope the Queen lives for a couple of years more. I think Charles has a hard time. I really like him so it makes me mad when people talk bad about him. (Especially with all the Diana stuff.) And currently I'm on Royal Baby watch. :lol:

I wish we still had a ceremonial Royal as head of state here. We have our president (aka King Gauck ;) ), which is probably the same, but I miss all the pretty gowns and tiaras. Royal Weddings, ect... :cracking-up:

I hope Kate has a girl, just so the trend of those damn bloody headbands ends. Little Princess Charlotte or Alice won't be seen in such a déclassé piece of crap.

Jeez you guys know a lot about the ranks in the Royal family! I am British and know absolutely none of this except I thought she would become the Princess of Wales when Charles becomes King (thus making William the Prince of Wales). To be honest I hadn't given it much thought and now I feel like a traitor!

Jeez you guys know a lot about the ranks in the Royal family! I am British and know absolutely none of this except I thought she would become the Princess of Wales when Charles becomes King (thus making William the Prince of Wales). To be honest I hadn't given it much thought and now I feel like a traitor!

William won't automatically become Prince of Wales when Charles becomes King. He has to be invested in it by Letters Patent. The heir to the throne only automatically becomes Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay. When William is invested, then Kate will be Princess of Wales.

Technically Camilla is Princess of Wales, she just does not use the title.

William won't automatically become Prince of Wales when Charles becomes King. He has to be invested in it by Letters Patent. The heir to the throne only automatically becomes Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay. When William is invested, then Kate will be Princess of Wales.

Technically Camilla is Princess of Wales, she just does not use the title.

Yeah, I didn't see anything about Jill offering advice to Duchess Catherine specifically - only advice to the media and people around the Duchess that they need to back the fuck off. I say good for her! Its nice to see her give a short interview without mentioning Jesus or the Lord's plan or any of that stuff. She seemed like an actual human being for once. :lol:

Doesn't surprise me considering she was writing a book of relationship advice before she'd ever dated anyone.

Archived