IGNORED

Jill Giving Princess Kate Advice

ljohnson2006

The twins thing is so funny. Don't most mothers of twins tend to go into labor a bit early?

And really, I'm sure that Kate doesn't give a flying F about Jilly Dilly.

Besides, no child ever emerged from the womb ready to walk and talk. They all come out eventually. A hundred years ago no one panicked if the baby didn't come 'on time".

I was told a due date is a target date, give or take 2 weeks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a major reason I really want to visit the UK one day are the Royals, so I do think they bring more than they cost. I hope the Queen lives for a couple of years more. I think Charles has a hard time. I really like him so it makes me mad when people talk bad about him. (Especially with all the Diana stuff.) And currently I'm on Royal Baby watch. :lol:

I wish we still had a ceremonial Royal as head of state here. We have our president (aka King Gauck ;) ), which is probably the same, but I miss all the pretty gowns and tiaras. Royal Weddings, ect... :cracking-up:

Oh, I think they do, and I'll immediately launch into the practical benefits of the monarchy if someone from a republic calls us backwards for having it. I just disagree with the principle of it.

Jill shouldn't have had a late baby. If she'd had an OB connected to a hospital, they would have figured out she was expecting a very large baby and induced her by her due date before little Dilly became the size of a three month old child.

Jill earned her C section 100% by allowing an oversized term baby to go two weeks past dates. So much for "inspiration boards" and all that wishful thinking. You can't squeeze an elephant through a straw. She's really lucky Israel didn't end up spending a few weeks in NICU.

Big babies do NOT necessitate a C-section. I've got 2 friends who have both had big babies. One was 10 lb 4 oz and the other was 10 lb 1/4 ounce and was a week or 2 early!! Both of them had very fast labors and delivered vaginally. The "smaller" of those 2 was even the first born. They've had 3 and 1 more babies, respectively, and all of the babies were 8.5+ pounds. Not 1 C-section. On the contrary, the sister of 1 of them was induced because she came in at 37 weeks with contractions that weren't doing enough and ended up having a C-section after not progressing when she was probably in false labor anyway and had a barely 5 lb baby.

Childbirth is not an exact science!!! Ultrasounds are NOT accurate judges of weight, either. With my first, I went a week "over" according to the date they gave me after my scanning ultrasound measurements, though I was just barely at my EDD according to my dates and length of cycles. The OB induced me because my baby would be "huge" and I'd never deliver vaginally because I'm petite. My kid was 6 lb 10 oz and I almost ended up with a C-section because it wasn't even my due date and I also was not progressing as quickly as the OB would have liked. OBs are not infallible.

I'm not saying she handled her birth properly at all. I think she did take some unnecessary risks, and had she been under a competent midwife, she would have been transferred much earlier in her labor than she was. I've had 3 homebirths after the first horrible hospital birth, and I would have personally transferred WAY before Jill did, and I know my midwife would have seen to it that I did.

This odd article is totally People's doing. Jill sounded half way sincere and kind for once. I totally had a WTF moment in my brain comparing Jill to the Duchess. Can you even imagine the two of them side by side? Omg!! :pink-shock:

Kate--polished, refined, demure, college educated, lived with her

husband before engagement, topless on vacation, well spoken,

believes in helping children with mental health issues,

sympathy for those with addictions, etc.

Jill--Wal-Mart wearing, Arkansas living, still not a midwife, first kiss

for wedding day, condescending hick

I think Kate can handle her second baby and doesn't need a breath of advice from Jill Dillard or Snooki. She's got a loving, hands on mother of her own and the best help on the planet.

Hehe, Catherine as a married woman still has chaperones. Well, guess they are called protection officers... :D

So that is a point for Jill! :wink-kitty:

I hope Kate has a girl, just so the trend of those damn bloody headbands ends. Little Princess Charlotte or Alice won't be seen in such a déclassé piece of crap.

Same here, I've never liked that trend as to me, it's like putting a garter on a bowling ball when the girl doesn't have much hair.

I'm also pretty sure that Catherine doesn't give a flying fuck about Jill or her crazy family.

Same here, I've never liked that trend as to me, it's like putting a garter on a bowling ball when the girl doesn't have much hair.

I'm also pretty sure that Catherine doesn't give a flying fuck about Jill or her crazy family.

LOVE this description!

She also gives up a bit of autonomy as a royal and likely wouldn't be able to make a call like that anyways

Ah, poor media. They just have to fill pages with anything while they're waiting for that baby to come. Jill's advice was nice but I found the pictures of the ducks and traffic cones to be more interesting, quite frankly.

I wonder if Jill cares that her comments - which I thought were nice - were put under that headline.

The real story would be if Kate gave the Duggar girls advice on morning sickness.

Poor woman had some serious issues with it - enough to be hospitalized. But then, the Duggars would have just said, well, eat more pickles......or something equally stupid.

8:34am, 8lbs 3oz, which is 3,7kg. :D

So happy for Charles! He wished for a granddaughter!

Yay for the little royal princess!

I saw this headline about Jill giving Kate advice on People yesterday.. Everyone in the comments are litterally losing it saying things like, Kate doesn't even know who you are Jill, do you think she needs YOUR advice...

I'd normally roll my eyes at things Duggars say or do, but really, people? Do you seriously think Jill would go out of her way to make headlines about her advice to princess Kate and actually THINK that Kate would need her advice? She was obviously just asked the question and she responded in a polite and heartfelt way, that's all.

I was honestly impressed with Jill - she sounded reasonable and sincere. Stinks that they put it under that headline -- but what ever generates clicks, right?

(All the best to William and Kate and their baby girl!)

I wonder if Jill cares that her comments - which I thought were nice - were put under that headline.

Hopefully she's too busy learning how to use a ring sling properly to have noticed.

I do wonder, though, how she would respond if she did notice and it bothered her. I think she'd keep quiet, out of fear of rocking the boat (she's been taught her whole life to keep sweet, after all) and jeopardising her family's status with People.

Hopefully she's too busy learning how to use a ring sling properly to have noticed.

I do wonder, though, how she would respond if she did notice and it bothered her. I think she'd keep quiet, out of fear of rocking the boat (she's been taught her whole life to keep sweet, after all) and jeopardising her family's status with People.

That's what sisters are for. Jessa can say something! Jessa, go sic em. Bad People!

And just because someone has an x amount of kids doesnt mean they are great at it and need to give advice. Michelle and jim Bob are the last ones I would ask for advice if I had kids.

Archived