IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

I don't think Jessa is really an anti-Jill. She likes the attention just as much. She just wants to seem anti-Jill. Jill's eager, Jessa's aloof. Not sure which is more irritating. Lately I definitely think Jessa.

I can see them lying about the date by a few days just to say "it's on our anniversary!" but I doubt it's anything beyond that.

I don't think she's aloof, I just think she's not the kind of person to act like everything is the best ever. In their courtships, they were the same way. Jill was absolutely gushing over everything Derick did; whereas Jessa acknowledged it, but didn't fawn all over him. There's nothing wrong with either approach. They're different people and they're allowed to act differently.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she's aloof, I just think she's not the kind of person to act like everything is the best ever. In their courtships, they were the same way. Jill was absolutely gushing over everything Derick did; whereas Jessa acknowledged it, but didn't fawn all over him. There's nothing wrong with either approach. They're different people and they're allowed to act differently.

How dare you! They're DUGGARS. They're not different people. For shame! :naughty:

I think this extends beyond fundies.

IMO, the best gender reveal party and theme is the actual birth.

The point of a gender reveal party is to have as many gift-grab opportunities as humanly possible before you have the baby. Gender reveal, baby shower(s), push present, etc. I find them pretty tacky.

The point of a gender reveal party is to have as many gift-grab opportunities as humanly possible before you have the baby. Gender reveal, baby shower(s), push present, etc. I find them pretty tacky.

Not necessarily. Some use them as gift grabs, others just have a party to make the announcement. I think it depends on the mom to be.

The biggest bummer about everyone knowing in advance, is that it's hard to find gender neutral newborn clothing. I found one outfit last year when I was shopping for an outfit for my daughter's baby (she did not find out the sex pre- delivery). I guess no one dresses a baby in anything other than pink or blue???? Not even white, beyond a t-shirt or onesie?????

in fact they are different people and last nights episode kinda proved it as well as the enhanced version of Jill's delivery.... and I say that because in every shot that Ben and Jessa are in the background - they are all over each other -yet in pictures -they act like they are indifferent to a degree... - I do think Jessa learned a lot from Jill and how to act.

it's fascinating if you think about it

The biggest bummer about everyone knowing in advance, is that it's hard to find gender neutral newborn clothing. I found one outfit last year when I was shopping for an outfit for my daughter's baby (she did not find out the sex pre- delivery). I guess no one dresses a baby in anything other than pink or blue???? Not even white, beyond a t-shirt or onesie?????

Where are you shopping? Except boutiques, which are overwhelming frilly, girly clothes (though many are white or off white, or extremely bold colors and patterns), I've never had problems finding unisex outfits for any age. And, places like Children's Place tends to sell most of their clothes in 4 color options (it's been a few years since I was shopping for a girl, but the last time I did they were selling pink, purple, light blue, and green).

Where are you shopping? Except boutiques, which are overwhelming frilly, girly clothes (though many are white or off white, or extremely bold colors and patterns), I've never had problems finding unisex outfits for any age. And, places like Children's Place tends to sell most of their clothes in 4 color options (it's been a few years since I was shopping for a girl, but the last time I did they were selling pink, purple, light blue, and green).

Standard mall-Macy's , Nordstrom- Not a fan of the CPs- I was looking specifically for a nice, gender neutral going home outfit. I ended up buying a pale yellow Carter's onesie with little, footed pants and a white sweater...and I actually got the last one.

I just don't get dressing up baby girls in frills and bows that just hinder their movement and may feel uncomfortable, and I don't get forcing masculinity on baby boys at a young age. A baby doesn't even know that objects still exist when not in their field of vision; they aren't going to know or care what gender they are. And what gender they are doesn't matter at all when they're just babies (I think it should never matter, but we're never getting to that point in our society).

Also, I think gender-neutral clothing for babies is so much more practical, because it makes hand-me-downs absolutely painless.

Standard mall-Macy's , Nordstrom- Not a fan of the CPs- I was looking specifically for a nice, gender neutral going home outfit. I ended up buying a pale yellow Carter's onesie with little, footed pants and a white sweater...and I actually got the last one.

I was going to suggest Carter's! There's a Carter's store at the outlet mall near me and they have a decent layette section, imo.

I just don't get dressing up baby girls in frills and bows that just hinder their movement and may feel uncomfortable, and I don't get forcing masculinity on baby boys at a young age. A baby doesn't even know that objects still exist when not in their field of vision; they aren't going to know or care what gender they are. And what gender they are doesn't matter at all when they're just babies (I think it should never matter, but we're never getting to that point in our society).

Also, I think gender-neutral clothing for babies is so much more practical, because it makes hand-me-downs absolutely painless.

My daughter did order up all white clothing for the NB period. I am going to meet my daughter in the Minn. next week to care for my GD while my daughter is attending a conference... and I bought her a red Mickey Mouse T-Shirt in the little boy's Dept- discount Target find and I know both my daughter and GD will love it.

My daughter is not into the frills at all.

Oh. I never shop at places like Macy's or Nordstroms, even for my own clothes. I especially couldn't imagine shelling out that kind of money for something that will be work for a couple weeks at best. And of course you had trouble finding gender neutral there. The general clientele looking to spend that kind of money on baby clothes isn't the same clientele that cares about practicality or breaking gender norms.

Oh. I never shop at places like Macy's or Nordstroms, even for my own clothes. I especially couldn't imagine shelling out that kind of money for something that will be work for a couple weeks at best. And of course you had trouble finding gender neutral there. The general clientele looking to spend that kind of money on baby clothes isn't the same clientele that cares about practicality or breaking gender norms.

Nice generalization, General.

There's not a Nordstroms near me but Macy's has coupons in various newspapers virtually everyday. Often they can be combined with sales but even without them some of their stuff can be very affordable. The may have more expensive options but often the prices can be comparable to places such as Target. The youngest child in my immediate family is 6 yrs old and I've bought her quite a few affordable outfits there. I splurged and spent $10 there on a Winnie the Pooh onesie and blanket set that her parents brought her home from the hospital in.

My daughter did order up all white clothing for the NB period. I am going to meet my daughter in the Minn. next week to care for my GD while my daughter is attending a conference... and I bought her a red Mickey Mouse T-Shirt in the little boy's Dept- discount Target find and I know both my daughter and GD will love it.

My daughter is not into the frills at all.

Your daughter may not being to the frills at all, but your granddaughter might be. I am very much not a girly-girl. I wear mainly wear black and earth tones. I don't do bows and ribbons. I wear cheap flip-flops from wherever I find them for a few dollars a piece. The only semi-girly thing about me is my long hair, that I always have up in a pony tail or bun. My daughter, on the other hand, loves princesses and fairies and refuses to wear shorts. Until this year, she refused to wear jeans. She wears skirts and dresses only, with leggings in the winter. And if it's not pink or purple in some way, forget about it. I have no idea where she came from. She's like a test - blonde hair, blue eyes, beautiful dancer - everything I'm not. :lol:

Your daughter may not being to the frills at all, but your granddaughter might be. I am very much not a girly-girl. I wear mainly wear black and earth tones. I don't do bows and ribbons. I wear cheap flip-flops from wherever I find them for a few dollars a piece. The only semi-girly thing about me is my long hair, that I always have up in a pony tail or bun. My daughter, on the other hand, loves princesses and fairies and refuses to wear shorts. Until this year, she refused to wear jeans. She wears skirts and dresses only, with leggings in the winter. And if it's not pink or purple in some way, forget about it. I have no idea where she came from. She's like a test - blonde hair, blue eyes, beautiful dancer - everything I'm not. :lol:

Funny thing, my daughter has the blonde hair, green eyes, a tiny, athletic gal. Her husband is from a So American country and is a very athletic, former professional soccer player. Their daughter is busy and active. She has beautiful olive skin, huge brown eyes and curly brown hair- She looks nothing like my daughter. I am trying to imagine her being a girly girl, but I just cannot. LOL.

I think often the parents dress their babies in pink or blue just so that people can tell if it's a boy or girl. Makes it less awkward for people.

I think often the parents dress their babies in pink or blue just so that people can tell if it's a boy or girl. Makes it less awkward for people.

Where my daughter lives (So America), they pierce baby girls' ears right after their first bath. My daughter declined the piercing, so everyone thought the baby was a boy, even when she did start putting her in more girly clothing. She said that everyone in that culture looks right to the ears and of course, people cannot understand why she declined the piercing.

Where my daughter lives (So America), they pierce baby girls' ears right after their first bath. My daughter declined the piercing, so everyone thought the baby was a boy, even when she did start putting her in more girly clothing. She said that everyone in that culture looks right to the ears and of course, people cannot understand why she declined the piercing.

It's a very cultural thing. My Mom was raised in France. She was very liberal with my sister and I as teenagers, but once we brought up getting our ears pierced Lordy did she put her foot down. She adamantly stated we could do whatever we liked after we no longer lived under her roof but under no circumstances would she tolerate pierced ears. (This from a Mom who gave a Gallic shrug over her kids smoking, drinking, and having boyfriends.) Apparently pierced ears would have made us Wh0res of Babylon or something. My sister and I could not believe how upset she got over what, to us, seemed like an innocuous thing to do. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21, living 3000 miles away. She was okay with it once we were adults.

I may shared this story already, not sure.

I came home from work one Saturday and my 4yo had pierced ears because and it's a verbatim quote, "she wanted them" said the 33 yo father in charge.

Of note, said former 4yo, now 28, only wears earrings to adult functions, not to work or around the house. She has a baby, how many adult functions is she attending?

I think parents should allow their kids to wear whatever they want to, if it is appropiate. My mom never let me be a rocker kind of girl and I was very into wearing ripped jeans and black shirts, she always bought me pink dresses and high heels. It was a freaking nightmare. Funny enough i'm into retro stuff and i wear lots of polka dots and stripes dresses and skirts with my signature black and rock shirts.. Half and half i guess! But kids should be able to form their style from a young age.

Also, i hate ribbons and pink and blue baby stuff. I think gender neutral stuff are better... Headbands for girls and everything blue for boys is like putting a label on your child IMO.

I think parents shouldn't JUDGE what their child wears.

My parents let me wear whatever I wanted and I bought/chose my own clothes from a young age, but they always criticized whatever I wore. And when I wore whatever they thought I should wear, I was criticized for not being slim enough to wear it. Sigh.

Bottom line - your kid can wear whatever they damned please and there is no shame in that at all. It's a child. They don't need to impress anybody.

Edited: sad typos very sleepy

Charlotte Guinevere or Genevieve (because, Charlotte of course, and in honor of Guinn and because that's the patron saint of Paris but Jessa wouldn't tell that to Ben)

And if it's a boy, Ben Jr. with Robert for a middle name. I just don't think Ben could give up naming his son Ben and there are so many cute Ben nicknames to easily keep their names separate like Benji, Bennie, etc.

18th November, 7lbs. 15oz.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived