IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

So are they going to abstain for a couple of years once they marry?

There seems to be no choice in this matter.

Yeah, Marjorie's going to have a kid well before her twentieth birthday. Jessa and Ben were courting for, what, 11 months? And that was a LONG time for a fundie couple. The only fundie couple I can think of who were courting longer is Brandon and Michael, who courted for a little over 15 months (because of Brandon's circumstances, and given they were physically apart for most of it there wasn't much risk of any pre-wedding hanky-panky). At the latest, I see Josiah and Marjorie married next summer, with a pregnancy announcement by Christmas.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Josiah will have a child within the next two years. Even with a quick marriage, they're not going to have an 18 year old pregnant on the show.

I don't think we expected to have a 19-year-old manchild expecting a baby with his wife, either. :think:

What would the Duggars do if a baby were born with an ambiguous gender? Would they share that information, or rapidly assign the child a gender and/or hide the birth till surgery were quickly performed?

I imagine they'd hide the details, which I would prefer. I don't think it's anyone's place to know that without the person's permission.

As this is Jessa's first child I think it will come after he due date and maybe a few days after her birthday. If its a girl then maybe we will really see a Benessa or Blessa or a Sagely Seewald and if its a boy then maybe Bradley or Bunji or Duggar Seewald.

I read they are gonna find out the jinder but keep it a secret. I can't remember the source, but it just seems like something Benessa would do.

• 2 weeks later...
I read they are gonna find out the jinder but keep it a secret. I can't remember the source, but it just seems like something Benessa would do.

Yes, it does. Jessa likes the drama to be on her, this stretches it out. Heaven forbid one of her siblings make an announcement drawing some of the focus away.

At rate Jessa is going, she should name the kid Arby or Wendy or Hardee.

Jessa looks further along to me then someone in their 3rd month. My guess is either her baby is going to outweigh Izzie or she is having twins (which do run in the family). So I'm going with twin girls and since often twins are born a little early I'm setting the birth date at October 11th. For names I think Jessa will be extremely trendy in that department. She will do the "Letter" theme following in Michelle's and Anna's naming practices. She might even go with Kylie and Kendall... hahaha. But seriously, my prediction is:

Twin girls

October 11th

Brynleigh and Bayleigh

B is her theme letter since she is married to "Ben".

I'm betting girl, with a trendy biblical name, something with a super over the top Christian meaning. Can't let Jill be the holiest when Ben is angling to be a preacher ! But I'm not very good at guessing names in advance, and I won't take a guess at the birth date, it seems too far away ^^'

Jessa looks further along to me then someone in their 3rd month. My guess is either her baby is going to outweigh Izzie or she is having twins (which do run in the family). So I'm going with twin girls and since often twins are born a little early I'm setting the birth date at October 11th. For names I think Jessa will be extremely trendy in that department. She will do the "Letter" theme following in Michelle's and Anna's naming practices. She might even go with Kylie and Kendall... hahaha. But seriously, my prediction is:

Twin girls

October 11th

Brynleigh and Bayleigh

B is her theme letter since she is married to "Ben".

I don't think that the weight of the baby at birth has any roll in how big someone is at this stage.

I think Jessa is only having one (there's no way they'd actually keep 2 quiet); but she was a lot skinner than Jill when her pregnancy started, so I think that's why she's showing so soon. It's also possible that she just has a lot of excess fluids or that she's exaggerating her belly. There have been candid shots where she barely has a visible bump.

I don't think that the weight of the baby at birth has any roll in how big someone is at this stage.

I think Jessa is only having one (there's no way they'd actually keep 2 quiet); but she was a lot skinner than Jill when her pregnancy started, so I think that's why she's showing so soon. It's also possible that she just has a lot of excess fluids or that she's exaggerating her belly. There have been candid shots where she barely has a visible bump.

You do bring up a good point about Jessa being so small. The small women seem to show first. But I still have to stay with my twins prediction. I think Jessa is going to give us a big surprise.

What would the Duggars do if a baby were born with an ambiguous gender? Would they share that information, or rapidly assign the child a gender and/or hide the birth till surgery were quickly performed?

Like nearly any parent out there, I doubt they've even given this serious thought. The odds are very slim. I'm sure they WOULD seek medical advice and act on it. They have on other serious matters.

November 2, another [in the family] with an unplanned emergency c-section, a boy, James Benjamin. Edited to clarify

November 2, another [in the family] with an unplanned emergency c-section, a boy, James Benjamin. Edited to clarify

Oh I could totally see this -- bet they'll call him JB :dance:

Yeah, Marjorie's going to have a kid well before her twentieth birthday. Jessa and Ben were courting for, what, 11 months? And that was a LONG time for a fundie couple. The only fundie couple I can think of who were courting longer is Brandon and Michael, who courted for a little over 15 months (because of Brandon's circumstances, and given they were physically apart for most of it there wasn't much risk of any pre-wedding hanky-panky). At the latest, I see Josiah and Marjorie married next summer, with a pregnancy announcement by Christmas.

When I was younger than 20, kids were the furthest thing from my mind. They still are (I haven't got a motherly bone in my body).

When I was younger than 20, kids were the furthest thing from my mind. They still are (I haven't got a motherly bone in my body).

Lol I was the exact opposite. I decided at 3 that I was going to be a mom at 24. I held on to that as long as I could. I'm 28 and still sad that I'm not yet a mom.

I imagine they will marry "next season" and on their honeymoon or soon after she'll get pregnant. 18 is irrelevant. They will have married with parents' blessing and are legally of age throughout the USA. Remember, they have not been raised to think 18 is "too young" or that a marriage needs "time" before children or that they need to go to college or anything else. They've been taught God has that ONE person for them and that it is damnation to use birth control. They will marry young and have children young.

I don't really understand the point of a "gender" reveal party. Is it just used as another way of fundies celebrating fertility or something?

I don't really understand the point of a "gender" reveal party. Is it just used as another way of fundies celebrating fertility or something?

I think this extends beyond fundies.

IMO, the best gender reveal party and theme is the actual birth.

Im guessing this is a recent trend then. I havent heard of people doing this until recently, but then again there hasn't been a birth in my family in 21 years and that was my mom with me and my brother so I have no clue about what people do with announcements nowadays haha.

It's not just a fundie thing, as my SIL's sister had one of those parties, and that family isn't even religious to begin with. I personally think that the best gender reveal happens at the actual birth, even if the doctor knows in advance. That's what my brother and SIL did, and it was a lot more fun.

You do bring up a good point about Jessa being so small. The small women seem to show first. But I still have to stay with my twins prediction. I think Jessa is going to give us a big surprise.

I'm surprised that no one else has brought up that Jessa may very well be lying about her due date and is further along in her pregnancy than she says she is. Statistically, I think it's pretty unlikely that she's having twins. However, knowing Jessa and how attention-thirsty she, I find it more plausible that she'll push her due date by a few weeks just so she can brag about having a 1-year wedding anniversary baby. It makes for a good "storyline" since her sister Jill got the honeymoon baby. Who wants to bet we'll be seeing a healthy, 10 lb #SeewaldBaby (boy is my guess) delivered a few weeks "early" in October? :D :wink-kitty:

I just read and it may be old news that they heard the heartbeat the other day - at first they couldn't hear it because it was on the wrong side

they are also saying they might not share the gender / ginder

it seems to me that Jessa likes all the control she has and just doesn't care about sharing anything at all - she is the anti Jill

and I agree totally about pushing the date for a one year anniversary baby born

it's so her

the more these two give interviews the more the distaste for how they are is increasing

Im guessing this is a recent trend then. I havent heard of people doing this until recently, but then again there hasn't been a birth in my family in 21 years and that was my mom with me and my brother so I have no clue about what people do with announcements nowadays haha.

I know some people who do it for family and close friends and others who treat it as another gift giving celebration. I'm not sure where it originated, but I'm sure the internet spread it quickly.

I've seen people, particularly first time moms, celebrate everything from the announcement to cutting a tooth with parties. Some people actually have potty parties and pacifier parties.

I think most of these "celebrations" are products of narcissistic behaviors. But, that's just me.

I just read and it may be old news that they heard the heartbeat the other day - at first they couldn't hear it because it was on the wrong side

they are also saying they might not share the gender / ginder

it seems to me that Jessa likes all the control she has and just doesn't care about sharing anything at all - she is the anti Jill

and I agree totally about pushing the date for a one year anniversary baby born

it's so her

the more these two give interviews the more the distaste for how they are is increasing

I don't think Jessa is really an anti-Jill. She likes the attention just as much. She just wants to seem anti-Jill. Jill's eager, Jessa's aloof. Not sure which is more irritating. Lately I definitely think Jessa.

I can see them lying about the date by a few days just to say "it's on our anniversary!" but I doubt it's anything beyond that.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived