IGNORED

Happy 20th Birthday Nathan Arndt

anjulibai

I think Wizzy will be the one to get out. I also grew up the only girl in a family of boys (1 brother, all boy cousins). The guys weren't deliberately trying to exclude me, but they definitely had their own thing going on and shared interests that I didn't have. Since I didn't fit in, I felt free to go out and try new things. I was the only one that went to overnight camp and travelled as a teenager. Currently I am the only child from my generation to move out of state (or even out of the metropolitan area where we grew up.)

Of course, this is a different situation, as my brother and most of my cousins actually got married and had their own children.

I've always had the option that Cathy has had all the manboys castrated and could not cope if one of them left home.

However it's interesting how their blog has evolved over the past year. Firstly all the posts of the older manboys playing with Lego and the stuffed penguins stopped, then the duck obsession, and now even the posts about their marathon sporting matches have vanished. Could the reason be that Cathy and Ricky are making a more concerted effort to marry some of them off, hence the blog posts finishing? Or is it to stop the snarking by us on here. Remember a couple of years ago we were having a discussion about them and a FJ member wondered what their SOTDRT looked like - then a few ours later a picture of their dining room was posted by one of the manboys.

Hi Ricky! :penguin-no: when's Vine Valley being released? :popcorn2:

I've always had the option that Cathy has had all the manboys castrated and could not cope if one of them left home.

However it's interesting how their blog has evolved over the past year. Firstly all the posts of the older manboys playing with Lego and the stuffed penguins stopped, then the duck obsession, and now even the posts about their marathon sporting matches have vanished. Could the reason be that Cathy and Ricky are making a more concerted effort to marry some of them off, hence the blog posts finishing? Or is it to stop the snarking by us on here. Remember a couple of years ago we were having a discussion about them and a FJ member wondered what their SOTDRT looked like - then a few ours later a picture of their dining room was posted by one of the manboys.

Hi Ricky! :penguin-no: when's Vine Valley being released? :popcorn2:

I think they've known all along (or at least for a long time) about the snark. There was the dining room table post, the clarification over a picture of Wizzie and a couple other instances where there seemed to be an immediate reaction to posts out here. And they've probably received some not-so-kind emails from people poking fun at their, ahem, lifestyle.

Maybe in the past Daddy was okay with it because he thought the trade-off was that he would win some of those snarky souls for Christ. As time has gone on and with the oldest four now in their 30's and the younger ones all over 18 save the three youngest boys, maybe the spotlight on their weirdness has become more uncomfortable for them. I'm sure they are all still playing with Legos, tinker toys and stuffed penguins. But it seems they are no longer eager to show the outside world what's going on. Whether this has anything to do with not turning off any potential future wives, only baby Jesus knows.

Eagerly awaiting "Vine Valley - The Motion Picture"! After all these years in production it should be a tour de force of epic proportions.

Archived