IGNORED

The Room and All Things Tommy Wiseau

clownprincess

Anyone watched The Room yet? It's a 2003 "film" famous for its so-bad-you-can't-tear-your-eyes-away-from-it-ness and midnight screenings where people throw plastic spoons at the screen (Don't ask. Just watch! :p)

I'm currently watching The Room, and my reactions alternate between "WTF?!?" and full-on deep belly laughter. Absolutely precious, you just have to watch it for the lulz!

A few links to convince you, if you're on the fence:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20246031,00.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=5384997

Enjoy!

Best movie ever, haters to the left. I saw a screening with a mate last year - way more fun that way :D

I bet it was! I live in a country where this kind of American media isn't that popular, so I ended up watching the DVD alone. Most of the time I either sat with my mouth agape going "What? Whaaaat?!?" or just laughing and laughing. I can't wait to show this to my friends, I hope they "get" it. Bring on the plastic spoons!

The Room is the most wonderful, awful movie ever! :clap: Plus, I think it's hilarious how Tommy Wiseau claims he grew up in the US. :lol:

I love The Room! I first saw it when [adult swim] aired it as their April Fool's special in 2009 and have seen it each time they've put it on since then. I love mock-yelling "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!" :lol:

I love The Room! I first saw it when [adult swim] aired it as their April Fool's special in 2009 and have seen it each time they've put it on since then. I love mock-yelling "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!" :lol:

Too bad that they're not showing it this April's Fool! My kids are really fond of playing the Lisa line.

Oh God, we watched it in an easy-A movies class I took in college, and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. What about the creepy, never-ending "love scenes?!" :puke-front:

• 2 years later...

If you have not heard of it, The Room is perhaps the greatest terrible movie of all time.

(Video contains spoilers, but then again this would not ruin any viewing experience whatsoever)

[bBvideo 560,340:wgrslhl3]

[/bBvideo]

The man who plays Mark, Greg Sestero, recently published a book about the experience filming The Room and his friendship with Tommy Wiseau called The Disaster Artist. I'm currently reading this book and it is LOL funny.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Disaster-Artist-Inside-Greatest/dp/1451661193

Now, the book is being made into a major motion picture that will be directed and starred by James Franco

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/02/08/james-franco-greg-sestero-the-room

Any other lovers of The Room on FJ? Has anyone gone to one of the live screenings (which by all accounts, is a similar experience to Rocky Horror when it comes to crowd participation).

I love this movie. It's completely awful but utterly mesmerizing. No screenings but plenty of drunk group viewings. My friends and I are trying to get Tommy to screen here, but in the meantime, we'll always have football.

I love this movie. It's completely awful but utterly mesmerizing. No screenings but plenty of drunk group viewings. My friends and I are trying to get Tommy to screen here, but in the meantime, we'll always have football.

That would be amazing. I found out after posting this a local theater is doing a midnight screening next Friday...so now I know what my plans are LOL. Spoons are provided.

I also finished The Disaster Artist a few hours ago. I was surprised Greg Sestero was able to disclose so much about Tommy (even if background story is dubious and partially fabricated) and still maintain a friendship with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived