IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie's Cancer is Back

WonderingInWA

Am I the only one who wishes she was not referred to as "Lazy Lyndsdie" (sic) in the title of this thread, especially considering the circumstances?

You can certainly request to have it changed by an admin. It's the name by which we have all known her in the past here at FJ.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who wishes she was not referred to as "Lazy Lyndsdie" (sic) in the title of this thread, especially considering the circumstances?

I don't like it either. It seems really mean at a very tragic time.

Can someone tell me who this person is. That sucks that she is sick again. Does anyone know what kind of cancer she has/had.

I don't like it either. It seems really mean at a very tragic time.

I agree. And i've never liked her being called lazy. She was recovering from cancer and a new wife, she didn't want to work...so what? Does everyone here on FJ work? Those that don't work would you appreciate being called lazy? Her friend Started the adoption fund and I don't see a problem with that. She wasn't forcing people to contribute.

That natural healing stuff makes me very sad. But if cancer has reoccurred for the third time well traditional treatments will probably only by you time.

Sorry typing one-handed while feeding baby, many errors

They do have two adopted children. They were adopted in what seemed to be outside of an agency, like maybe through a family friend or something. And it was before she was 5 years clear, IIRC, and yes, I remember hearing there were still cancer cells in her body, but I don't remember how I learned that.

So, reading enough of her mom's FB page, it appears she is moving in with her parents to be closer to the medical facility where she will be receiving treatment. Her parents are converting their garage to a bedroom for her (they have 10 other kids living at home -- not sure why a couple of them can't shack up and spare a bedroom, but maybe they already have them all stacked like cordwood).

I feel badly for her kids, mostly. I'm glad she got a chance to parent them for a few years, but it was never about them, it was always about what SHE wanted. And she was probably told by agencies she wasn't allowed to adopt given her health, so she found a way to get kids without one.

Never had cancer, but I wouldn't want to be crammed in a room with 5 noisy siblings while I laid there sick and puking my guts out after chemo. I'm also sure that said siblings would like to lead as normal a life as possible, and having to share a room with someone so sick can't be easy.

I agree that the mods should probably edit the title of this post to take out the reference to her being lazy. The reality is that we are talking about a woman who is quite likely terminally ill with advanced cancer (I can't say this for sure, but the comment about multiple spots on her CT scans on that natural healing site makes it sound like she has metastatic disease, and in just about every case, once a cancer has become metastatic, unfortunately you are going to die of the cancer sooner or later - the goal of treatment is just to buy you some time). I feel that it is in poor taste to talk about someone who is dying as being lazy, regardless of the reasons why someone picked up that nickname.

It is possible that she turned to natural remedies out of desperation because conventional medicine did not have much to offer her. However, if she delayed getting conventional treatment to try natural/alternative medicine that is definitely sad, especially since I just got done reading an article about the needless death of a lovely young woman who decided not to treat her cancer with conventional medicine until it was too late:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/ ... ghs-death/

She says in her comment on the FB page that she had surgery to remove a lymph node, but only did the natural/nutrition stuff after that. This was posted about a year ago, 2/19/14.

Thank you all so much for rejoicing with me. Su Devan, this is my 3rd round with Ovarian Cancer. The first time I was diagnosed I was 19. I had surgery but no chemo. 2 years later I had a total hysterectomy and 7 months of intense chemo. 5 years later (this past September) I found a swollen lymph node that tested positive for cancer. I had surgery to remove the one lymph node. My Dr recommended 6 months of "preventive chemo" but I did not have a peace about it. After lots of prayer and research (and with the support of my family, my Dr, and my husband) I decided to fully trust in the Lord for healing. Right after surgery I started drastically changing my diet. I have never been a healthy eater so this was a pretty drastic change for me, but one I will never regret. I started juicing and eating as much raw and organic as possible after my surgery in September. As of right now, I drink a fruit smoothie every day. I juice fast Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If I get hungry I eat 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread with organic olive oil and Bragg seasoning and an apple. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I eat as much raw as possible and still drink a fruit smoothie, green juice and lots and lots of alkaline water. I have cut out all meat as of right now. I am praying about when and how much to add back into my diet. I go to the gym at least 5 days a week, I rebound at home, I have a chi machine and a hot house which I do both of those faithfully every day. I have started taking supplements and vitamins and adding cell food drops and a herbal cleanse into my green juice. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. You can email me anytime. lyndsiebrooker@hotmail.com. I praise the Lord for leading me and guiding me along this journey. And I am forever grateful for the people who the Lord has brought into my life to encourage and support me. Chris Beat Cancer has been one of the biggest encouragements and an answer to prayer!!

I find it hard to believe that her doctor recommended six months of chemo but was then totally cool with her just changing her diet.

It's an awful situation regardless.

She's in the Bible belt. Sometimes they just pray it away.

Honestly, her mother is very religious and I think Lyndsie thinks somehow with enough prayer power, this would go away without traditional medical intervention. Ovarian cancer is a tough one to beat and she was lucky they found it since it is almost always symptomless until it is harmful.

She mentioned back when she was blogging that the 7 months she underwent chemo, she never lost her hair. I don't know much about chemo, but thought all chemo patients lose their hair, don't they? Anyone know more about this than me?

I don't know much about chemo, but thought all chemo patients lose their hair, don't they? Anyone know more about this than me?

I know plenty about this. Besides being a healthcare professional for many years, I am a cancer survivor.

Some chemo drugs do cause complete hair loss. Some chemo drugs cause hair thinning but not complete loss. So chemo drugs do not cause hair loss. It just depends on the drugs. Various chemo drugs have various modes of action, various forms of cancer for which they are (or are not) effective, and various side effect profiles.

Short answer - not all chemo causes hair loss.

She's in the Bible belt. Sometimes they just pray it away.

Honestly, her mother is very religious and I think Lyndsie thinks somehow with enough prayer power, this would go away without traditional medical intervention. Ovarian cancer is a tough one to beat and she was lucky they found it since it is almost always symptomless until it is harmful.

She mentioned back when she was blogging that the 7 months she underwent chemo, she never lost her hair. I don't know much about chemo, but thought all chemo patients lose their hair, don't they? Anyone know more about this than me?

My dad had about a year of chemo, didn't lose the hair on his head, but his beard grew in thinner. But, he has been in remission for colon cancer for 23 years, though recently is having a bit of radiation for skin cancer.

Thanks for more information on her. & I agree w/ the above odd that a doctor would be OK about the diet.

When my sister in law decided to eschew chemo and go with prayer and vitamins and the diet cure of the day, her oncologist talked her into at least trying some radiation on a specific area, which she did, then stopped early. She would return to her oncologist from time to time to have tests run to monitor her progress... and the oncologist listened to her "treatment" plan and ran tests and warned her about what the likely progress would be of the untreated cancer.

Even so, sister in law was shocked when she learned that the vitamins weren't working and that she had moved past any hope of the chemo working.... and the oncologist provided some palliative care and eventually got her home hospice care.

I had to look up the chi machine and the hot house Lyndsie referred to as daily treatments she was using. This must not have been trending when my sister in law was in the market.... apparently the foot massager thing is the chi machine, which gets the body moving in a "gold fish motion" and moves cancer curing cells through the body??? and the hothouse is some infrared cure indexcombo.gif

So who is taking care of the kids while Lyndsie is busy chi-ing and hot-housing and preparing all her special diet meals? She must have some help. And this has been going on for a year.

I agree. And i've never liked her being called lazy. She was recovering from cancer and a new wife, she didn't want to work...so what? Does everyone here on FJ work? Those that don't work would you appreciate being called lazy? Her friend Started the adoption fund and I don't see a problem with that. She wasn't forcing people to contribute.

That natural healing stuff makes me very sad. But if cancer has reoccurred for the third time well traditional treatments will probably only by you time.

Sorry typing one-handed while feeding baby, many errors

I agree that right now it might seem mean but that is what she is known as here and she really earned it. She refused to work to earn the money for aspects of the adoption because she didn't want to. She had multiple self serving justifications as to why she wouldn't work. She wanted a baby, even though she wasn't at a safe point cancer wise.* She is a lazy selfish person. A lazy selfish person who happens to have cancer. The cancer part is unfortunate. It is sad that she relapsed BUT there was a fairly large likelihood of that happening. And she chose to adopt anyway. She subjected those two kids to watching their mom be incredibly ill, and possibly to them losing their mom at a young age because she wanted babies and she did it while begging for donations to make it happen. IIRC they didn't have the money for the home study, much less the adoption and she didn't want to work to even contribute to the fees because she didn't have peace about it (or some other Fundie light nonsense speak). I am sorry, that is really self entitled.

*I may be particularly bitter about this point so take it with a grain of salt. Given my age and my husband's PTSD we are not likely to be parents. Conception isn't likely and we won't likely be approved for adoption but we both agree that this not having kids is probably for the best no matter how much it might suck. We would be good parents. We are just not ready to do it right now. It wouldn't be fair to the hypothetical kids.

Shame on her for adopting and wearing makeup and TJ maxx discount clothing!

F off guys. Rather have more adoptive parents than couples selfishly spending money trying to conceive!

This poor woman. Nobody deserves to have crap talked about them when they are going through something like this. Stop being dicks.

I know plenty about this. Besides being a healthcare professional for many years, I am a cancer survivor.

Some chemo drugs do cause complete hair loss. Some chemo drugs cause hair thinning but not complete loss. So chemo drugs do not cause hair loss. It just depends on the drugs. Various chemo drugs have various modes of action, various forms of cancer for which they are (or are not) effective, and various side effect profiles.

Short answer - not all chemo causes hair loss.

In the 27 mths of nearly non-stop chemo, my dad's hair has gone and come back and gone again at least three times. He has been on different chemo regimens, some that cause hair loss and some that don't. The odd thing is that it comes back different textures and shades each time.

Shame on her for adopting and wearing makeup and TJ maxx discount clothing!

F off guys. Rather have more adoptive parents than couples selfishly spending money trying to conceive!

This poor woman. Nobody deserves to have crap talked about them when they are going through something like this. Stop being dicks.

Looks like you joined up here long after her blog went private. There are those of us who read the whole thing and watched the original Aubrey Ann fiasco in real time. She was a selfish materialistic brat back then. She may have changed but I doubt it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Looks like you joined up here long after her blog went private. There are those of us who read the whole thing and watched the original Aubrey Ann fiasco in real time. She was a selfish materialistic brat back then. She may have changed but I doubt it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Aww, someone's pulling the "Gurl I discovered this band BEFORE you!" High school game. I'll play. Maybe you shouldn't talk shit about a sad shell of a person who felt the need to validate herself with materialism.

I can tell from the context people thought this of her, but to insult her for doing things while having cancer is super bitchy. I don't care if this is Sarah Palin we were talking about--you just don't say certain things about someone.

Smdh[emoji57]

She is selling essential oils! Is there anyone not selling essential oils, at least in the fundie or fundie-light world?

This came from her blog public facebook page, and was posted in January 2015.

Aww, someone's pulling the "Gurl I discovered this band BEFORE you!" High school game. I'll play. Maybe you shouldn't talk shit about a sad shell of a person who felt the need to validate herself with materialism.

I can tell from the context people thought this of her, but to insult her for doing things while having cancer is super bitchy. I don't care if this is Sarah Palin we were talking about--you just don't say certain things about someone.

Smdh[emoji57]

Criticize her for adopting kids while she was at high risk for cancer relapse? Shit ya I will criticize that. Just because she has relapsed doesn't mean she is suddenly a saint or above criticism. I think that it is supremely selfish to adopt when A) you don't have the money to pay for even the homestudy B) you are at risk of serious illness that will likely end in death. There is no need to bring kids into that type of situation. I am not the only person who questioned the adopting without a clean bill of health.

And this isn't an "I knew that band before it was cool" thing. She is a selfish entitled person who had a blog that chronicled the entire selfish endevor. Some of it was about materialism which I personally found distasteful. (Pleading for money while constantly talking about new clothes from expensive labels. Monogrammed Ralph Lauren baby clothes before an adoption was finalized) But it was more than just that. There was an aborted adoption attempt in which she treated the birth mother pretty horribly. The birth mother was just a conveyance for her Aubrey Ann. Go back and read all the threads, including the one where the first birth mother showed up and tell me how she is above criticism because of illness.

I am just pissed that the very thing that a great number of us were worried about has come to pass. She relasped. And those two kids are likely going to lose their mother.

Having cancer sucks. It sucks that she has cancer. But a shitty, materialistic, entitled person doesn't stop being a shitty because they have cancer. They are just a shitty, materialist entitled person with cancer.

Edited for spelling mistake and to add a thought that was omitted.

Hair loss can be pretty unpredictable with chemo. Boy R&M lost his hair 5 different times over the course of treatment, including the time when the doctors briefly took him off chemo because he was having some bad side effects from it.

That really confused all of us, even the doctors couldn't explain it.

Let's not forget she had a baby shower months before Aubrey #1 was to be born. That's where much of the monogrammed baby items came from. And then that adoption fell through (due to her treating the birth mother like shit and not being fully transparent about her health). Then Ethan came along, but he wasn't an infant, he was a toddler. And a BOY. And she didn't want a boy, she wanted a girl named Aubrey. So awhile later, she collected an infant girl and named her Aubrey (how convenient to finally be able to use all those monogrammed pink things -- finally!). It was sickening to watch. Amazon order on back-order finally fulfilled!

And unfortunately for a lot of you, you will never get to read her old blog because it went dark a number of years ago. It was her words straight from her little brain. Lots of fancy vacations and a custom home built just for her and lots and lots of car shots on the way to dinners out. And then to put out the begging bowl for the adoption fees and figuring out a way around that by some kind of private adoption (twice). It just was so distasteful.

Am I sorry her cancer is back? Yes, I'm sorry for her. But that was always going to be a potential reality and it's the third time in 5 years. She's in a real pickle.

I followed her blog, read it all. To me a lot of the hatred was uncalled for.

I think enough people feel passionately enough about Lazy being used to change the title. Mods? I'll report this post to flag a title change.

It's just cruel. And yes she adopted knowing she wasn't 100% camcer free but she did get to 5 years before relapse. Was she meant to wait for something she so desperately wanted? Maybe she should have but to judge her so harshly is cruel.

I can see she has made mistakes/errors of judgement, but she seems relatively young and steeped in a fundie upbringing. Sadly she is not going to live long enough to get a chance to learn and change. For me, all snark bets are off once someone so young is dying.

The family must have all hell on their hands. L's parents adopted 4 young children last autumn, so now they are adapting their home to fit in Lyndsie, who is having to leave her own adopted children at home. So many confused kids.

It is a tragic tale of what can go wrong in the fundie world.

Archived