IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie's Cancer is Back

WonderingInWA

A direct quote from her mother's FB page (which is public)on 2/20/15:

"In need of some help tomorrow for a special young lady fighting cancer Lyndsie Beggs Brooker. We are closing in our garage to provide a place for her to stay while going through treatments. If any of you are able to come out and help physically, please do. If not will you please lift her up in prayer."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel awful for her and her family but can't say I'm surprised. Didn't she still have cancer cells in her stomach when they were trying to adopt a few years back?

They do have two adopted children. They were adopted in what seemed to be outside of an agency, like maybe through a family friend or something. And it was before she was 5 years clear, IIRC, and yes, I remember hearing there were still cancer cells in her body, but I don't remember how I learned that.

So, reading enough of her mom's FB page, it appears she is moving in with her parents to be closer to the medical facility where she will be receiving treatment. Her parents are converting their garage to a bedroom for her (they have 10 other kids living at home -- not sure why a couple of them can't shack up and spare a bedroom, but maybe they already have them all stacked like cordwood).

I feel badly for her kids, mostly. I'm glad she got a chance to parent them for a few years, but it was never about them, it was always about what SHE wanted. And she was probably told by agencies she wasn't allowed to adopt given her health, so she found a way to get kids without one.

This is the woman with the fundraising page for the adoption while wearing (TJ MAXX presumably) brand name clothes and massive amounts of makeup, right?

I feel so bad for those kids. I seem to remember when she adopted that there was discussion about it not being wise because she hadnt been clean for very long.

I hope she pulls through, for the kids.

I feel bad for Lyndsie, while she pissed off Fjers in the past with adoption fundraising, while not working even part time, she seems to genuinely love children.

Somewhere on her first blog, she said that she still had cancer cells in her body.

I feel bad for Lyndsie, while she pissed off Fjers in the past with adoption fundraising, while not working even part time, she seems to genuinely love children.

Somewhere on her first blog, she said that she still had cancer cells in her body.

If she truly loved children, she wouldn't have adopted two of them when she wasn't free of cancer.

This is the woman with the fundraising page for the adoption while wearing (TJ MAXX presumably) brand name clothes and massive amounts of makeup, right?

I feel so bad for those kids. I seem to remember when she adopted that there was discussion about it not being wise because she hadnt been clean for very long.

I hope she pulls through, for the kids.

Yep, that was all Lyndsie. There was dicussion on FJ yuku, about her not passing the post five year cancer mark when she and Daniel started the adoption process. Also they had only been married a year or two, when they started. They passed a homestudy, but they were doing a private lawyer/word of mouth type adoption process. Some FJers who work in the adoption field said that it was possible that adoption agencies refused to take on Daniel and Lyndsie because of her health history.

They had one disrupted adoption before the two adoptions. The birth mother from the disrupted adoption found FJ yuku and posted about some of the contact she had with Daniel and Lyndsie. She said something that Lyndsie never said anything about still having cancer cells in her body.

If she truly loved children, she wouldn't have adopted two of them when she wasn't free of cancer.

I get what you are saying about her not adopting when she wasn't free of cancer or passed the five year mark. I meant that, when compared to some fundies, she seems very warm and caring when it comes to children. There were things I didn't like about Lyndsie like some of the fundraising stuff. Another thing that concerned be about Daniel and Lyndsie was the fact that they didn't seem to have any backup plan in case something happened to Daniel or he was unable to work.

They do have two adopted children. They were adopted in what seemed to be outside of an agency, like maybe through a family friend or something. And it was before she was 5 years clear, IIRC, and yes, I remember hearing there were still cancer cells in her body, but I don't remember how I learned that.

So, reading enough of her mom's FB page, it appears she is moving in with her parents to be closer to the medical facility where she will be receiving treatment. Her parents are converting their garage to a bedroom for her (they have 10 other kids living at home -- not sure why a couple of them can't shack up and spare a bedroom, but maybe they already have them all stacked like cordwood).

I feel badly for her kids, mostly. I'm glad she got a chance to parent them for a few years, but it was never about them, it was always about what SHE wanted. And she was probably told by agencies she wasn't allowed to adopt given her health, so she found a way to get kids without one.

Is one of Lynsdie's oldest siblings married? I also remember one of her sisters was dating Daniel's brother.

Daniel and Lyndsie said they were a word of mouth type when it came to adoption. There was one incident, in which they were handing adoption contact info cards in public places. They had a profile up on an adoption site and they said they only had a lawyer representing them. Daniel's father is a court judge and he might have been telling colleagues in the legal community about Daniel and Lyndsie and something could have come up about someone wanting to put up a child for adoption.

Reading more on her mother's blog, it is apparent they are asking for financial donations again. No specific links, but she mentioned they had received "financial gifts" so I'm wondering if she's set up a crowd-sourced funding account somewhere. Daniel works for the gov't so hopefully has good insurance. I wonder what they are doing with the kids while Lyndsie undergoes treatment and Daniel (presumeably) works all day?

Also, Lyndsie is the oldest in the family, but her brother Chandler is married. Her sister that was dating Daniel's brother isn't anymore (that's Kendyl -- she has a plastic Barbie face just like Lyndsie -- the spackle factor and posed-for-the-camera fake smile runs in the family).

Reading more on her mother's blog, it is apparent they are asking for financial donations again. No specific links, but she mentioned they had received "financial gifts" so I'm wondering if she's set up a crowd-sourced funding account somewhere. Daniel works for the gov't so hopefully has good insurance. I wonder what they are doing with the kids while Lyndsie undergoes treatment and Daniel (presumeably) works all day?

Also, Lyndsie is the oldest in the family, but her brother Chandler is married. Her sister that was dating Daniel's brother isn't anymore (that's Kendyl -- she has a plastic Barbie face just like Lyndsie -- the spackle factor and posed-for-the-camera fake smile runs in the family).

Did a quick google search and haven't found anything about a crowd funding account. I also hope Daniel has a good insurance and he likely does. The financial donations could be for expenses not covered by insurance, or expenses incurred by traveling for treatments. D&L are living on one income and her health crisis could end up having an impact on their finances.

I think relatives will probably step in to help with the kids. I might be wrong, but Daniel could take FEMLA leave to help Lyndsie and kids.

I read on her mum's fb a year ago the cancer had come back. But I didn't feel comfortable sharing it on free ginger as I really don't think her mum is aware her Facebook is public.

Looks like things are getting serious she is having treatment and moving back home. I feel really sorry for her and her family, especially those little children she adopted. I wonder if the biological parents knew about the cancer cells still being in the body.

If it was back a year ago, I wonder why it has taken so long to get aggressive with treatment? I know Lyndsie's parents recently moved back into a bigger town so maybe that was all with the plan of giving her a place to stay while undergoing treatment.

BTW, as much as Lyndsie's mother has had 9 of her own children, she recently adopted 4 foster children as well. While that is a noble act, I really don't understand why keeping her nest full is so important to her. In some of her past posts, she has eluded to the fact that these children have been a crazy addition to her household (and I have heard that foster kids often come with a wide range of behaviors due to their former situations), so it sounds like she's bitten off a lot. Crazy fundies.

That's so sad for the family. Cancer is just so unfair. Poor family, it must be a terrible strain.

Did a quick google search and haven't found anything about a crowd funding account. I also hope Daniel has a good insurance and he likely does. The financial donations could be for expenses not covered by insurance, or expenses incurred by traveling for treatments. D&L are living on one income and her health crisis could end up having an impact on their finances.

I think relatives will probably step in to help with the kids. I might be wrong, but Daniel could take FEMLA leave to help Lyndsie and kids.

FMLA leave is typically unpaid. Treatment expenses outside of insurance coverage can be enormous. Even very good insurance means paying a deductible each year and usually around 20% of expenses after that until an out of pocket maximum is reached. Then there are the endless expenses for things like medications and supplements that treat and prevent side effects. My parents spend around $450 month just on those (and that is their share of the cost after Medicare and their supplemental insurance or just the cost as many are OTC). Nutrition expenses are another consideration. Many patients are advised to combat weight loss and supplement nutrition with prepared drinks like Ensure which cost quite a lot. For people that have to travel for treatment, more expenses are added. We were talking to another patient during my dad's infusion last week who travels nearly three hours and because he requires a follow up injection after each infusion, he and his wife get a hotel and stay overnight after each treatment.

Giving up or cutting the family's only income and still paying insurance premiums, handling all of these sorts of expenses plus normal family expenses is probably not an option.

Wondering in WA i'm not sure about that either. My only thought, and this is awful and I really hope this isn't the case… Is that this is palliative treatment and they didn't do treatment a year ago because the doctors said there was no point but now her symptoms are worse so they have decided to do pallative treatment. That's just a theory.

Wondering in WA i'm not sure about that either. My only thought, and this is awful and I really hope this isn't the case… Is that this is palliative treatment and they didn't do treatment a year ago because the doctors said there was no point but now her symptoms are worse so they have decided to do pallative treatment. That's just a theory.

Wow, I hope it's not just palliative (doesn't that mean there's pretty much nothing they can do for the cancer, that it's end-of-life and that they are just trying to keep her comfortable?). Sorry, no cancer expert here...

Oh my goodness, I looked up Lyndsie by the full name given in the OP and found these open fb posts. It looks like she used natural healing when the cancer came back last year. How completely sad and infuriating if that is the only help she used. What a waste of a young life, and so tragic for the children.

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 4022232378

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 8282887619

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 6874682093

Am I the only one who wishes she was not referred to as "Lazy Lyndsdie" (sic) in the title of this thread, especially considering the circumstances?

Oh my goodness, I looked up Lyndsie by the full name given in the OP and found these open fb posts. It looks like she used natural healing when the cancer came back last year. How completely sad and infuriating if that is the only help she used. What a waste of a young life, and so tragic for the children.

https://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcance ... 4022232378

https://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcance ... 8282887619

https://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcance ... 6874682093

Wow. Where she describes all the changes she's done in her diet, I was thinking "how does she do that and still feed her young children "kid food"? She must be very busy figuring out how to take care of herself and them. And I can't believe she's changed her makeup -- her beloved MAKEUP! She was such a Mary Kay addict! I guess all the more power to her, but it looks like she's now turned to conventional medical treatment. I know some people do have good luck with dietary changes at keeping cancer at bay, but this is her third bout with it. Cancer is very smart. And I don't think prayer is healing her.

Archived