IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie's Cancer is Back

WonderingInWA

Oh this is horrible. It's so tragic when people eschew medicine for "trusting God." Maybe there wasn't much hope for the treatment her doctor was recommending either, though, in which case I wouldn't blame her for trying whatever else might help.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how shallow she appeared to be in the past, what is going on now is just tragic. :(

Thanks for the more posts about this person. I remember her & having the baby shower way before the adoption of the first child. I didn't realize that she had cancer though.

Oh this is horrible. It's so tragic when people eschew medicine for "trusting God." Maybe there wasn't much hope for the treatment her doctor was recommending either, though, in which case I wouldn't blame her for trying whatever else might help.

of course one could trust god and use legitmate medical care instead of snake oil.

She is selling essential oils! Is there anyone not selling essential oils, at least in the fundie or fundie-light world?

This came from her blog public facebook page, and was posted in January 2015.

OT - My FB is filled with MLM scam-like postings about the MIRACLES of essential oils (DoTerra in particular). Why, if only I had known, my breast cancer could have been cured with essential oils instead of surgery and chemo (NOOOOOOOOOOOT). Makes me pretty angry. I am actually about to hide someone for this reason.

And welcome back, NurseNell.

of course one could trust god and use legitmate medical care instead of snake oil.

That, exactly. I will say, I also prayed - for wisdom, for peace, for strength... all while going through the process of surgeries and chemo. I'm here, as they say, no evidence of disease, 13 years later.

Exactly. Unfortunately some people think that isn't really trusting God, though. Then there are the people who aren't religious at all but still choose to go the "alternative" route. There's (usually) nothing wrong with trying alternative treatments in addition to medical care, or if you fully understand the consequences of not treating your illness, but I think it is incredibly unethical for people to promote non-traditional treatments as an equal alternative to medical care to an audience who is already desperate for hope.

And there are many people who don't believe in the Christian God at all and choose snake oil. An acquaintance of my idiot sister-in-law has chosen to treat his highly curable cancer with reiki, yoga and vitamins. He, too, will leave behind two very young children.

!  {TEXT1}:
The helpmeets had a discussion about the thread title and it will not be changed. We're sorry that Lyndsie's cancer returned, but here on this SNARK site she is widely recognized as Lazy Lyndsie.

And there are many people who don't believe in the Christian God at all and choose snake oil. An acquaintance of my idiot sister-in-law has chosen to treat his highly curable cancer with reiki, yoga and vitamins. He, too, will leave behind two very young children.

That is one of the odditiies of the choices my sister in law made She was not remotely religious during the decades I knew her. But she and her husband started going to a friend's church very late in the game (after she was dabbling in the vitamin and remove the microwave from the house phase) and she put every confidence in GOD. I think the worst bit for me was I never believed in what she was doing, but she was truly shocked when she learned she had taken the C train past the point of no return.... when she gave us the news, we were very sad, but not surprised. Her grandmother had the same cancer in the late 60s and is still alive today, in her late 90s.... so it is a SMH moment for me. when I thnk of it.

Shame on her for adopting and wearing makeup and TJ maxx discount clothing!

F off guys. Rather have more adoptive parents than couples selfishly spending money trying to conceive!

This poor woman. Nobody deserves to have crap talked about them when they are going through something like this. Stop being dicks.

Fertility treatments are selfish?

All infertile couples should be selfless and adopt? Fuck you!

Then all those fertile couples should stop breeding like rabbits and adopt the poor orphans too.

ETA: Lyndsie doesn't have a uterus or ovaries, so adoption was her only family building option. I agree it was a selfish option since she wasn't 5 years out, and couldn't afford to adopt.

Thanks for more information on her. & I agree w/ the above odd that a doctor would be OK about the diet.

The MD probably wasn't okay with it, just knew there was no point in arguing with her. I see it all the time. My patients will ask me if the doctor is going to be mad--no, but you (the patient) came to them for help, and they are offering you their best medical opinion. Do with it what you want, and will support you in your decision, even if it's a stupid decision.

Oh my goodness, I looked up Lyndsie by the full name given in the OP and found these open fb posts. It looks like she used natural healing when the cancer came back last year. How completely sad and infuriating if that is the only help she used. What a waste of a young life, and so tragic for the children.

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 4022232378

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 8282887619

http://www.facebook.com/chrisbeatcancer ... 6874682093

Agreed. I was older than her children when we discovered my mother had a terminal illness (a progressive, degenerative genetic illness) but it tainted my childhood terribly. It was hell.

Was it tragic that she got cancer at such a young age? YES, absolutely, but that doesn't change the fact that she knowingly brought children into this situation, knowing her time was likely limited and they'd grow up without her.

She and her husband showed a lot of immaturity throughout their intent to adopt, and were not fully transparent with the birth parents. That is beyond shitty.

I suspect she knew that treatment would fail, and being that she has been down that road (chemo), she decided to try and go the all-natural route to offer up as much time as possible. I'm curious what kind of treatments she'll be doing now though, and if it's just palliative to buy more time.

Either way, the kids she adopted lose yet again--first birth families, and now their adopted mom.

Shame on her for adopting and wearing makeup and TJ maxx discount clothing!

F off guys. Rather have more adoptive parents than couples selfishly spending money trying to conceive!

This poor woman. Nobody deserves to have crap talked about them when they are going through something like this. Stop being dicks.

More like "Shame on her for begging for money for an adoption when there was a real chance her cancer would come back."

Her sister that was dating Daniel's brother isn't anymore (that's Kendyl -- she has a plastic Barbie face just like Lyndsie -- the spackle factor and posed-for-the-camera fake smile runs in the family).

I actually think Lyndsie looks more like Corin Tucker from Sleater Kinney.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 7AaM14C4Dg

Anyway, that's really terrible news. My sympathies to Lyndsie and her family.

I have no idea who this person is (still relatively new around here), but I feel a lot of sympathy for her and her family. As for the rest of the discussion, I will bow out - I don't know enough about her or her circumstances to form an opinion and I would feel badly doing so when she does sound so ill.

I will say this: anytime someone so young is as ill as this young lady is, that is a sad thing. It's even sadder when there are children involved. I wish them peace.

Both Lyndsie and Daniel come from large families (she is oldest of 9, but make that 13 now that her mother adopted 4 young children a few months ago) and Daniel I think is from a family of 6 or 7 kids, so inevitably their own kids will have plenty of aunts and uncles to help raise them. But too bad they couldn't have been adopted by a family where there was no known disease already.

This is horrible, I really hope she will recover so the kids won't lose their mothers twice.

If it's true that she declined medical treatment to "go natural" instead, I have very little sympathy for her. It's ok to experiment with your health and skip medical treatment if you only have yourself to take care of. When you have two very young kids who, in this case, already have lost their biological mothers, it's your damn obligation to just do whatever it takes to stay alive and be there for them. If you want to live on green drinks and rub yourself with essential oils and pray during the treatment, fine. But just do whatever has the best odds for recovery. Don't be selfish.

That's just it. She had medical treatment twice, cancer came back. They might have said well this treatment (which she knows how awful it is as she's had it before) will give you 12 more months and so she decided to try natural medicine.

And I suppose it didn't work so she's desperate to live for her babies and now she is back to medical treatment.

Have to admit I am disappointed in the decision not to change the title, shows a lack of compassion that surprises me. FJ might be a snark site but I always felt we where more of a discussion site without the mean slant of GOMI etc.

That's just it. She had medical treatment twice, cancer came back. They might have said well this treatment (which she knows how awful it is as she's had it before) will give you 12 more months and so she decided to try natural medicine.

And I suppose it didn't work so she's desperate to live for her babies and now she is back to medical treatment.

It came back, but she's alive. I'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to say that now that she's decided she knows better than people who dedicated their lives to healing.

Have to admit I am disappointed in the decision not to change the title, shows a lack of compassion that surprises me. FJ might be a snark site but I always felt we where more of a discussion site without the mean slant of GOMI etc.

i think there are more than likely a few fundies we follow with the name lyndsie/lindsey/lindsy/whatever other spelling, seeing as how it's a fairly common name. specifying her by how she was referenced on here before prevents confusion as to whom is being discussed. take out the "lazy" and i have little doubt that the thread would be derailed multiple times with posters trying to clarify if it's this person or that person and maybe even going off on this person or that person that it may not necessarily be before they're corrected, only for the same post to be quoted and rehashed several times. it kinda sucks that's how she was referenced on here before, but it's how fj'ers know her and differentiate her from other fundies of the same or similar name.

This is sad on so many levels. It must be devastating enough to be to be diagnosed with cancer when you're only 19, let alone cancer of the baby factory, when you've been raised to think that the only thing you can really do that counts is to be a mother. And, while I don't agree with their decision to adopt, I can understand Lyndsie wanting to believe that this was god's plan and that everything was going to turn out all right in the end because that's what she's been told all her life.

I can't begin to understand the level of desperation that would make someone believe that drinking vegetable smoothies and bathing with Dr. Bronner's soap could cure her cancer. I hope she only went down that path because there was already no hope of remission with conventional treatments.

The whole story is just incredibly sad for everyone who loves her. I have no snarks.

Daniel, being her headship and all, can also be held responsible for her treatment choices. But given that he was presumably also in on the adoption proceedings, I guess he just does whatever it is that makes her happy? I wonder if he's at all surprised that things are the way they are right now?

Oh I don't know. I'm not a fan of natural therapies but if she was told treatment would only prolong her life...chemo and radiation can be horrendous. Not sure what's happening now in regards to why she's seeking treatment, it could be because she is in a lot of pain from the cancer so is having pallative radiation to treat pain. I don't know, although I am a nurse cancer is not my speciality.

Lyndsie from a love worth waiting for blog perhaps as I suggested to differentiate her from other Lyndsies.

Clearly decision has been made by admin so even though a large majority seems offended by the title when this young mum is fighting for her life it seems it won't be changed. I've used her nickname in the past, not meaning anything cruel by it. But now it does seem cruel. This has been the first time I've been upset with mods decisions, & I've been on FJ for over 6 years.

Archived