IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie's Cancer is Back

WonderingInWA

I'm not saying as it will be locked down too.

someone from the family probably reads here so...

Also:

Do NOT post private information about individuals. Private information includes information gleaned from private Facebook pages, private message boards and forums, and invite only blogs, UNLESS the individual in question verifies with an admin or media relations that posting such info here is ok. That is the only way such info is allowed. Unverified third party posting is absolutely unacceptable in all circumstances.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an open Facebook page. That is why I'm not saying whose it is. In sorry if that was not very clear when I wrote it was not a locked down Facebook page.

I do know the rules. Thanks for sooooo politely telling me them.

It is an open Facebook page. That is why I'm not saying whose it is. In sorry if that was not very clear when I wrote it was not a locked down Facebook page.

I do know the rules. Thanks for sooooo politely telling me them.

I know the rules, too. No need to repeat them. I haven't taken a single tidbit off a private FB page. If they have become private pages after the information has been released here, there's really nothing anyone can do to back-pedal.

I know the rules, too. No need to repeat them. I haven't taken a single tidbit off a private FB page. If they have become private pages after the information has been released here, there's really nothing anyone can do to back-pedal.

Sorry that wasn't meant for you but holier than thou blessi. Who is also an active member of a snark board yet somehow so much better than us.

Sorry that wasn't meant for you but holier than thou blessi. Who is also an active member of a snark board yet somehow so much better than us.

Right there with ya. My comment wasn't meant toward you, either, MMM, but rather to blessi. We all snark, it's a snark board, that's why we're here! And I'm smart enough to play by the rules (as are you)! I don't steal personal information. I do relay information that I find that isn't locked down and if it's become locked down after it's been shared, I have no control over that. I am not personal FB friends with any of the fundies we discuss here, so whatever information I share I've found through other sources or on public FB pages.

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

Looks very grim right now for Lyndsie via one of her relatives fb page.

Its really very sad. Despite all of her antics, she's still a wife, mother, and daughter. Fuck cancer.

I havent looked at any of the pages recently so I dont know what the prognosis is, but I hope that there is a treatment out there for her.

Its really very sad. Despite all of her antics, she's still a wife, mother, and daughter. Fuck cancer.

I havent looked at any of the pages recently so I dont know what the prognosis is, but I hope that there is a treatment out there for her.

I never had a problem with her and actually she was my pet fundie ;)

Unfortunately the prognosis is very grim indeed. She may go into remission again but it's just a matter of time until she relapses again.

Of course there is always a miracle. I'm not a believer myself but if I was I would be praying for her. It's so desperately sad.

This x eleventy.

I feel so badly for her family too. Caring for someone with cancer is so traumatic. I can't imagine what it must be like to watch one's own daughter or sister or wife suffer in this way.

Maybe it's make me a terrible person, but I'm always of mixed feelings when someone dumps real medicine in pursuit of quackery, as Lyndsie did. Yes, it sucks that they have cancer and that they don't have many options, but chasing a fantasy cure is, well, a fantasy.

^ yes.

She went back to conventional medicine but how many months were lost?

Her mother post some anti-vaccination crap on her Facebook page when It was public. I couldn't believe she would risk her very ill daughter with properly no immune system getting a vaccine preventable disease from one of their many young children

Insane and so irresponsible of her mother

^ yes.

She went back to conventional medicine but how many months were lost?

Her mother post some anti-vaccination crap on her Facebook page when It was public. I couldn't believe she would risk her very ill daughter with properly no immune system getting a vaccine preventable disease from one of their many young children

Insane and so irresponsible of her mother

Lyndsie's mother has never been the sharpest tool in the shed. She wrote an article on a public blog some years ago (Lyndsie is listed as aged 23) about how she had been advised against having more chldren after her third (she ended up having six more). All of her children were born via c-section due to a thin uterus and she was considered high-risk of uterine rupture with each subsequent pregnancy. She prayed and prayed and prayed, of course, and was able to bring all those blessings into the world. So you see, prayer works!

Oh, here's a link to the riveting article: aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/c-sections/1031-c-sections-how-many-is-too-many

Maybe it's make me a terrible person, but I'm always of mixed feelings when someone dumps real medicine in pursuit of quackery, as Lyndsie did. Yes, it sucks that they have cancer and that they don't have many options, but chasing a fantasy cure is, well, a fantasy.

She'd already tried traditional medicine a couple of times at that point. I don't blame her for thinking maybe she should try something different.

I do truly feel sorry for her. When her blog was open, I enjoyed reading it. I didn't approve of everything she did (or even most of it), but she was overall, kind to her readers at that point.

I don't think I have seen any evidence that Lyndsie ever stopped traditional medical treatment.

When time is running out, people often look to complementary therapies. So she was still hoping for a cure - so what? I'm not sure I would be any different.

Yes I think I would have done the same blessi.

I've worked on an oncology ward for a few months and it was grim at times they way some cancers would just keep coming back no matter what.

Her mother seems a dolt. Sorry for so many gramical errors on precious post, using Siri for RSI.

Anti vaccine people annoy (enrage?!) me, which is why I couldn't read the thread on FJ about it in California.

But most cancer docs will require control over treatment, so if Lyndsie was experimenting with "alternative" therapies concurrent with traditional AMA therapies, I would think that unwise. I do think it's possible she dabbled in alternative/natural therapies while on hiatus from AMA therapy. I don't blame her for trying, but I wonder how much it helped.

In my experience, when people are seeking information on "beating cancer naturally," they're dumping real medicine in favor of quackery. Her "guru" at chrisbeatcancer.com has nothing terribly nice to say on chemo and other treatments.

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2015/08/my-precious-friend-lyndsie.html

Lyndsie battled ovarian cancer several times and adopted two children while in remission. It returned and she died.

So tragic.

I've posted this in the main quiver full of snark forum.

Edited to break link

• 4 weeks later...
ourhappilyeverafters.com/2015/08/my-precious-friend-lyndsie.html

Lyndsie battled ovarian cancer several times and adopted two children while in remission. It returned and she died.

So tragic.

I've posted this in the main quiver full of snark forum.

Edited to break link

Oh! I am so saddened to hear this. I feel so bad for her family - this is such a heartbreaking thing to happen.

Archived